The Boyfriend

Rich Kids Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The afternoon sun seeping through his huge window, fall precisely on his face. His shut eyes went unsettled, he lashes out an inaudible groan and reaches out to his phone. Some missed calls and new text messages. He already knows who was that, little smirk unconsciously appeared on his sleepy face.


 

Friday, 08.24 AM

Bobahead : I’M SO SORRY BEBE!

Bobahead : I’ll be there when you wake up with your favorite iced peach tea!

Bobahead : I love you don’t kill me please

Bobahead : :* :* :*


 

The words paraded before his eyes doesn’t make him over sulking completely, but it surely makes him feels less upset. How could he forget to pick me up at the airport?

His phone buzzed and he gets annoyed instantly.

“I haven’t had my tea, yet,” he answers the call nevertheless, “Tell me something important or I send missile to your hideout in a second.”

“I’m actually home today. Jet lag? How?”

“No idea. I thought I’m immune to this things. Guess I was too spent this time. And that’s your cue to tell me the reason you disturb me.”

“Whoa. You did sound ugly, can’t imagine your skin.”

“Do not start, Kim Jonghyun.”

“I won’t. Taemin called, extremely bored he said.”

“And what’s your point?” Kibum massages his temple for some comfort.

“He suggested to go to Minho’s place and raid his fridge. He ran out his cereal stash.”

“Kid’s so dumb. He can just buy it himself. Including the store. Why bother ransacking Minho’s place?”

“No idea, but Minho’s balcony is the best spot to look for some constellation. So. You in?”

“I don’t know,” Kibum sits up to avoid the sun, “Sounds tempting but my back is killing me at the moment. Also. This idiot promised me iced tea when I woke up but I still ca—“

His word’s cut when he saw a silhouette curled up on his couch at the corner of his room. On the ottoman table next to it, two cups of ice beverage are starting to condense. His heart melts to the sight.

“Kim Kibum, you there?”

“Oh! Yeah, yeah. You know what? I’m in.”

“Jinki?”

“Dude, we’re an item. You need natural disaster to get only half of it.”

“First, both of you are on and off, on and off, on and off waaaay too often I have no idea when you’re actually dating. Second, I want to puke on those words, but whatever. As long as you guys show up. See you tonight.”

Right after the call ended, Kibum tiptoes to the side of the table and captures his boyfriend in frame. He can’t help but giggling while uploading it to his instagram story. Too cute, he wrote. Jinki remains unmoved despite the uncomfortable position.

He kisses Jinki’s top of head and walks quietly to the bathroom.

***

“Paris was exquisite, as always.”

“As always? I think this is the first time you went there without me,” Jinki can be seen pouted before he took one macaron and shoved it to his mouth, “Wa mwn, synz wih bhn tgdhr yuw nhez.”

“No wonder Donghae can’t hold himself from smacking your head.”

Jinki quickly washes it down with the ice coffee from Kibum’s hand, “Old habits die hard.”

“Of course it’s different. But the street, the lights, the people even, it still made me fall in love again and again. I think I was born for Paris.”

“I thought you were born for tea,” Jinki leaned back further to the end of the couch, energy is not completely recovered from excessive swimming on the lake during his hiking.

Though those words came out in very lazy manner, it’s enough to surprise Kibum, who is now almost sitting straight by the reading nook.

“You really refrained yourself like that? That’s huge, Lee Jinki.”

Just like any other teenage lovebirds, both of them are very fond of teasing each other that they’re match from heaven. Well, of course when they’re on the dating term. It’s actually pretty sweet, definitely not the lovey dovey type that can cause other people some nuisance.

Jinki however, starts doing it less because Taemin can’t seem to stop mocking them. That kid even made some placard when supporting Jinki on the final chemistry decathlon—Kibum wasn’t in the boyfriend status but he forced Taemin to support the other boy on every single round—that read ‘GO LEE JINKI! Fight just like Kibum’s life depends on it!’, completed with colorful diamond LED light he used to decorate his photo shoot location for the art class project.

“I don’t want to give Taemin any chance to spit some on me ever again.”

“Boba, he’s not even here.”

“Ssshhh, don’t jinx it. He’s like this candy man on that folklore. You called out his name, voila, he’s appeared right before your eyes.”

“I guess too much summer horror story during the hiking?”

He took another two macaron from the platter, this time he doesn’t forget to swallow first, “Friggin’ Chanyeol and Kwonie didn’t know when to stop.”

“Can imagine the ruckus.”

“Hmm. You surely can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter