Summer Break

Rich Kids Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinki honey, I’m making short rib soup. Would you like to join us for breakfast?”

The soft knocks on the table brought him back to life. It feels like there are some logs piled up above him, there is undeniable sore all over his back and naturally, he stretches like a cat to shed those invisible weight. Jinki peeks at the clock on his bedside and grunts a little bit when he caught the short golden arm shows him it’s passed eight already.

Stupid useless alarm. I’m supposed to wake up early and enjoy the city before the heat hit the road.

“Sure thing, Mom. Give me a second.”

“Don’t be too long or your brother will take all the eggs.”

“Tell him that I’m going to kick his shin if he came near mine! Why the hell he’s here anyway?!”

Jinki slams his face to the near pillow and let out long growl. He knocked himself out since yesterday afternoon right after he returned from camping with some friends from elementary school, deadly exhausted. His hand then reaching blindly to his surrounding, trying to find his phone that he managed to charge right before he passed out.

His belly starts screaming once he’s gaining more consciousness, skipping dinner is not very Lee Jinki after all. However, his priority is for checking his phone at the minute before cer—.
 

 

Tuesday, 11.38 PM

Mon Beau : I got you some goodies from Shakespeare and Company! I think you’ll like it

Mon Beau : Well, you better like it or I’ll kill you


 

Wednesday, 03.22 AM

Mon Beau : I’m so bored. I have three-tier dessert in front of me but I don’t have you here :(

Mon Beau : Don’t forget to take some pictures of the lake!


 

Wednesday, 02.41 PM

Mon Beau : How many times I told you to bring some extra batteries?!

Mon Beau : What should I do now that I can’t reach you?!

Mon Beau : Please do not get into any trouble!


 

Wednesday, 05.16 PM

Mon Beau : This . You’re not gonna see these texts. Such a waste. I hate it. I hate you!


 

Wednesday, 09.36 PM

Mon Beau : I miss you, Boba! TT___TT

Mon Beau : Call me once you get back online

Mon Beau : Stay safe, kay?


 

Thursday, 05.49 AM

Mon Beau : Cannot wait to see you soon :*

Mon Beau : You home yet, bebe?


 

Thursday, 10.28 AM

Mon Beau : I start to think you turned off your phone in purpose

Mon Beau : Been two days already, Sir!!!

Mon Beau : I MISS YOU T______T


 

Thursday, 12.05 PM

Mon Beau : Whatever. My flight is in an hour. Meet me at the airport, will you? :*


 

Friday, 07.19 AM

Mon Beau : WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?!

Mon Beau : I was waiting for an hour before I called my driver!!

Mon Beau : I’m going to sleep now, long flight is the worst

Mon Beau : I hate you so much, Lee

Mon Beau : Be at my house in the afternoon or I burn you ISTG

Mon Beau : :*


 

He remembers now the actual reason why he had to wake up early. Jinki stares to his still screen for a while, before cursing silently. He did pack some extra batteries, one he shared with his friend, one he dropped somewhere on the hiking track, and another one he actually used but apparently not enough to cover the whole trip.

Not only he lost his morning jog, but he’s about to lose his head as well.

Might as well sleeping until the dooms day if you’re only going to forget important flight and snored like a banshee, Lee Jinki. What the actual heck.

Of course his speed dial call only greeting voicemail. And of course the other number he reached gave him the same response.

“Wake up, you sleepyhead! Or I’ll eat your breakfast!”

Donghae popped his head from the door and Jinki automatically wails a pillow to him, “Touch my food and I’ll shaved your head!”

He quickly discarded his blanket and dashed downstairs, fingers skillfully tapping on his screen without getting himself tripped. Boy indeed indifferent, he trips over vacant air but smoothly multitasking through the stairs.

Jinki skips few steps a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter