Speaks Growing Up

Rich Kids Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The voice of Mac Ayres flows to his ears, turning his eyes fluttering shut behind the Ray-Ban. The summer heat is scorching, still he’s out by the pool getting some tan on him, letting the sun bakes him good. Light afternoon breeze brushed his feet shyly. The pizza pans on his left look wrecked, as if it just went through some heated battle.

“Any plan this weekend, kids?”

A woman joins the crowd with a plate of assorted fruit in hand, moves the pizza aside so she has some space to put it down. She shakes her head naturally seeing how messy their kid afternoon snacks whenever it comes to summer break. But having some break from dinner table seems desirable at this point, so she took the closest lounge chair under the shade and propped herself.

“Were you asking me?”

“No. I asked the marble pool.”

He shifted, turned down the volume, because when his mother talking to him, he knows better to respond it immediately or the woman wouldn’t hesitate flipping his .

“Not particularly. But Taeyeon owes me one concert ticket. So probably this weekend I would be able to get it?”

“Put your shades away when you’re talking to your mother, Kim Jonghyun.”

Her voice raised a bit, but he didn’t budge, “What do you expect, Mom? Me ruining my eyes under this hellish heat?”

“Of course not,” she grabs some fruit and enjoying it quietly for a while, “I just hate the fact that it reminds me to my field days. I didn’t know that I would miss it this much.”

She used to jump from Lebanon to Chile, from Pompeii to Delphi. Now that she’s appointed as the board of National History Museum in the country. All of them, making it so hard to really join some excavation projects.

“Then why don’t you go again? I bet it would be nice to explore some rocks.”

“And let you be at home unsupervised? You wish.”

“Oh! You’re finally speaking! So, ready to take me to a concert, Sis?”

Tiny young woman raised from her floatie and gives him her best sides eyes. Jonghyun shrugs, making a gesture that his earphones are plugged in so he can’t hear anything.

“Do not get ahead of yourself, face! We still have more games left,” she continues enjoying her sunbath as if nothing happened.

“Mom, look at her language. I knew she would bring disgrace to the Kims!”

“You brought the disgrace to the Kims!”

All eyes dragged to the source of loud voice, even Taeyeon propped her elbows again to check what kind of commotion is going on. A younger boy’s stormed into the scene, face as red as beet, he looks like he’s about to explode anytime soon.

“Kim Jonghyun. Tell me. Did you or did you not trespassing my room?”

“Yeah, tell him, Jong,” Taeyeon singsongs knowing it’s definitely not her problem.

“Boys. Care to tell me what the actual heck is happening?” Jonghyun’s jaw slightly dropped when he heard his mother’s words, “And why Jongdae doesn’t join both of you in the pool at the first place?”

“Honey moon phase, Mom.”

“Excuse me?”

Taeyeon and Jonghyun just found out that the youngest started dating a girl from his pottery class right before the summer break. Taeyeon’s been pestering Jonghyun to find out about the said girl since Jongdae has been very discreet about it. It’s the only natural way Jongdae could think of, knowing that his sister is quite protective and his brother.. well, his brother just happened very nosy and irritating when it comes to poke fun of him.

So he’s been spending the entire holiday so far with texting, calling, or facetiming her inside his den. The maid’s forced to go to his room only to keep him fed on time.

“Kim Taeyeon shut up.”

Jongdae took one of his slipper and threw it to his sister’s direction which almost hit bull’s eye. Taeyeon slipped off her floatie and successfully drank some of the pool water.

“Is that how you treat your older sister?! You think you girlfriend would happy if she found this out?!”

“Yes, you traitor!!” he then turned back to Jonghyun, “You did go to my room last night, right?”

“Wait, hold on, kids. Jongdae has a girlfriend? A girlfriend girlfriend or a friend that is girl?”

With the face still tinted crimson, Jongdae trying to brush off the question, “Not now, Mom.”

“What if I did?! Why? I cannot go to your room now?!” he takes of his shades, trying to make his point, “Being 10th grader doesn’t make you an adult!”

“And being 12th grader makes you what? An idiot?! Don’t you understand privacy?!”

“Kim Jongdae. If your brother is an idiot, then you are too.”

“Mom!!”

“What? All my kids stand in equality. If one is an idiot, then the others are.”

“That is very wrong. He’s an intruder and I am clearly not. He went inside my room, slept on my bed, messed with my stuffs, and took my grapefruit!”

“Your room’s already messy to begin with,” Jonghyun putting his shades back on, he doesn’t grasp the concept of his brother agony yet, “Dude, I admit I took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter