Quite an Invasion

Rich Kids Exposé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, I don’t think I would need that much of isotonic drink,” he stretches his neck from where he sits on the dinning table while still manages to calmly spread his favorite truffle butter over his toast, “I’m pretty sure they will provide everything from all participants.”

“Let me do my thing, Honey. I simply don’t want you to dehydrated. That’s it.”

“It’s a big event. Dehydration is one of their main concerns, Mom. Do you think they wouldn’t prepared that much? At least?”

The woman pretends she doesn’t hear that and keeps putting some necessities as her wish, “I’ll just put it here. You can share with the others once you’re arrived at the venue. Or whatever.”

She genuinely looks distraught. Today’s the triathlon day, Minho has been preparing and practicing since the beginning of the year to join this sport charity event which his grandfather’s foundation holds annually. Usually, if his father at home, she wouldn’t be this panic. His presence itself would be enough to calm her nerves.

However, today is not the case. His father and Siwon—the oldest son of the Choi family—left to Italy for some business matter two days ago.

“What else do you need?”

She inspects the Boston Valentino Garavani bag for the nth time, afraid that her youngest would forget something rather important.

“Mom, I’m good. Really.”

“Shoes? Googles?”

Minho only nods, mouth is currently busy munching some bratwurst.

“Extra towel? Extra underwear?”

“Check and check,” he washes down everything with a glass of almond milk, first round of breakfast is done, “I’m not a baby, Mom. Come on.”

“Yeah, Mom. He’s not a baby.”

“You’re being smart?” Minho’s eyes follow Wooshik who suddenly appears and lands a peck on their mother’s cheek, “That’s first.”

“Because you are a toddler.”

“A toddler who is taller than you.”

“Oh, wow. Attacking my physical features? Really?”

“Of course not,” he singsongs while scooping some avocados to his plate, “I’m just stating matter of fact.”

“Why? Are you going to tattle on me to him? Who is the toddler now?”

Wooshik squinted his eyes hard before he throws a piece of vintage Gouda right to his brother’s direction.

“Yaaaa!!”

Minho tosses a scone as a revenge.

“Enough both of you! Food is not a toy! In what earth sons of a restaurateur doing such thing?!”

“He started it, Mom!”

“And you shouldn’t triggered!” he can see Wooshik smirks by the other side of the table, “Finish your breakfast soon, it’s almost 8. I’ll tell Mr. Park to get ready.”

“No need, Mom. I will personally take our baby there.”

Minho almost choked on his hash brown over the words, “You will what?”

“I will be your chauffeur today. Also your personal cheerleader.”

“Did you knock your head somewhere, Dude?”

“I didn’t,” Wooshik stuffs his mouth with another piece of mango, “But Siwon did. He knocked my head before he left. He feels bad he couldn’t join you in the triathlon as planned and ended up coerced me to accompany you through out the day. So I coerced him to let me take his car.”

Doesn’t believe what he just heard, Minho’s eyes went doubled, “Gabriel?!”

Wooshik flashes the car key together with the most evil grin ever.

“I wish Dad takes him away more often,” he gulps his orange juice and wipes his mouth quickly, “We are leaving. Wish me luck, Mom!”

***

The perk of having late lunch is less crowded restaurant. Both of Choi brothers are not a fan of enjoying their lunch in jammed pack place, that’s why, they always avoid their father’s restaurant, as much as possible. Wooshik wanted meat and steak but Minho doesn’t want Korean. Minho wanted European food but Wooshik doesn’t want Italian.

They settled in 1842 which happened to not that far from their house. The place looks cozy under the afternoon sun. Once they see their favorite corner is vacant, Minho dashed away leaving Wooshik flustered in front of the waiter who explained to them that their kitchen closed by 3 before reopened at 5. He pulled out his Polaroid and did his thing before Wooshik can complain.

Minho’s phone went off when they’re enjoying the amuse-bouche of the day. He whined when he saw the caller ID but Wooshik told him to pick it up before it’s getting worse.

“What’s up?”

A man in white t-shirt basked in morning sun with a picturesque background greets them cheerfully, “Good morning, gentlemen.”

“It’s almost 3 in the afternoon here,” Minho’s really not in the mood for a video call.

“I know, I just wanted to annoy you.”

“Why every single man in this family has a thing with me? What did I do wrong?!”

“Whoa. Someone’s not in a good mood.”

“You can tell,” Wooshik uttered in a flat tone, Minho angled his phone so Siwon catches him as well, “Hi, brother. I see you really enjoying your morning sunbath.”

It’s around breakfast time in Italy, and Siwon chose the in-room service to have his feast by the vast balcony. The tanned glow he’s serving can easily deceive any eyes because he appears like a model in a photo session instead of a young man in a business trip.

“Where are you?”

Minho answered lazily, “1842.”

“Did you order the bone marrow?”

“I did.”

“Good choice, Choi Wooshik. How’s the triathlon?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“What?” Siwon stops sipping his coffee, “Why? You were so excited last night!”

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter