how I fell for him

Delight in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

The hardest thing to do is to love on your own…

 

I didn’t fully understand why Baekhyun would want to have anything to do with me. In retrospect, we were quite different. I was grounded and calm while he was a light-hearted free spirit. Maybe it was true when they said that opposites really do attract, but I still couldn’t fathom the idea of him always wanting to meet with me. We’ve been friends for a while at this point, but somewhere deep down, it still surprises me whenever he comes over to my house.

I find him sprawled across my bed feeling at home as he plays games on his phone. When I scan my room, I see his personal belongings scattered around everywhere. His keys and wallet sit upon my desk. His denim jacket is hung over the chair and I chuckle to myself already predicting that he’ll unintentionally leave it overnight. I didn’t mind. I was more used to Baekhyun than not.

The next hour consists of talking nonsense and laughing  at each other for miniscule reasons. He made home much homier.

He tosses his phone aside before propping himself up with an elbow, his hand holding the weight of the side of his face. He stares at me as I slowly spin in my chair.

“Do you consider me your best friend?” He suddenly questions.

The tip of my toes act as a brake from my circular motion. My back is facing him now but for some reason I can’t face him. My heart thumps at a fluctuating rate, ranging from slow to inhumanly fast. I don’t know why I hesitate. He is essentially my best friend, but I always believed it was something we never really had to discuss; that it was pretty much a given?

 

Say yes my brain screams, but I continue to hold back. For some reason, I don’t want to verbally answer him. But too much time has passed and he’s waiting for my answer. 

 

However, before I can even open my mouth to speak, he’s already cut the silence.

“Because I consider you mine,” He flatly says.  My vision goes out of focus. I feel like I’m going to fall off the chair, but my brain somehow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter