how I changed

Delight in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time heals and can most certainly enlighten a person…

 

 

 I think the longest time Baekhyun and I have gone without talking to one another was... three days.

 

 It was due to the time he forcefully disrupted me from my studying to roam around the city at night. I kept telling him that I had an important exam the next day but he was too caught up trying to have fun. 

 

His pleas got to me because he made it known it was me who he wanted to spend time with. And like usual, I couldn’t say no, especially to him. Long story short, his promised hour of hanging out stretched out to a whole night. We ended up drinking a little too much. I even had to lie to my parents that I was at my friend’s house and they barely let it pass. I remember being so anxious, but the alcohol was enough to drown out my thoughts for the night. 

 

I woke up the next day with the biggest hangover and worst of all, a missed exam. I didn’t talk to Baekhyun for three days after that, despite his consistent calls and messages. I couldn’t believe the position he put me in. 

 

But he managed to swivel himself into my heart again when he showed up at my door with a bouquet of my favorite treats and a genuinely apologetic look. I fully caved in. He knew exactly how to use the sweet spot I had for him to his advantage. 

 

So now I find myself engulfed in the darkness of my room as I lay contemplating about more memories I had with him. I take note of the amount of time that has passed since he and I last talked. The record of 3 days without contact had been beaten by a few months. Three, to be exact. 

 

It was pretty difficult to get through the first week, because I blamed the downfall of our friendship on myself. The withdrawal period hit me like a truck, because all I wanted every second of the day was to see him. It hurt more when I saw that he didn’t feel the same way. 

 

After I left his house that day, he never reached out to me. He simply let me go. 

 

 

I was heartbroken. I couldn’t believe that someone I hadn’t even dated could break my heart to that capacity. The worst part was, he was supposed to be my best friend. Why did it have to feel like such a breakup? 

 

 

 

 

 

After learning about my situation, my girl best friends did their best to help remedy my heartache. I didn’t realize how much I missed them. I reserved most of my free time for Baekhyun in the few years I’ve been friends with him. I couldn’t be more grateful that my best friends were understanding to the point that they’d still consider me a good friend. 

 

They knew this was my first time getting my heart broken like this. They eased me into the process of getting over him step by step. The first thing I was taught was to miss him... until I don’t. I still do, to this day, but it’s gotten slightly easier. They advised me to think logically, such as the things I didn’t like about him. 

 

It was hard at first, because I put him on such a high pedestal. But in times like this when I’m enclosed in my own space, I do my best to reflect on our friendship as a whole. Fortunately, my mind has gradually started to remember the bad parts of us, like the incident where he was inconsiderate about my exam. 

 

I also didn’t like the way he babied me at times. I felt like, maybe, he didn’t think I could stand on my own. It’s like he forged nobility by trying to educate me all the damn time. I used to think it was just him trying to look out for me, but now I can’t help but consider his intentions to be condescending.

 

I tried more and more to conjure up things that I didn’t like, but it was still a process. 

 

My parents came into my room to chat with me. They’ve been doing it routinely ever since I came home sobbing my heart out. They’ve never seen me broken down like that, because I never gave them the chance to. I always tried to keep up a tough image, because they expected so much from me. The last thing I thought they would do was accept me. I guess they knew how much Baekhyun meant to me. My devastation moved them in a way that allowed them to be more supportive. And for once in my life, I was thankful to have them around. 

 

They reminded me of the short amount of time that I had left to graduate. They even encouraged me to go out more with my friends.

 

Maybe just maybe, it will get better? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                  ★━━━━━━━━━━━━★

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My favorite time of the year has finally arrived. I’m thrilled to see the spooky decorations all over my neighborhood. I already see a line of children, hands occupied with their pumpkin baskets, all dressed up in their adorable little costumes. As much as I would love to see them one by one at my door, I had other plans tonight. 

 

 

 

When I walked into my house, I was immediately greeted by my family. It’d been another three months of a life without Baekhyun and within that time, I’ve grown a lot closer to them. We were all finally on the same wavelength and all it took was a whole bunch of truthful conversations.

 

 

It’s almost funny that they were the reason why I met Baekhyun, but also a huge reason as to how I overcame losing him and our friendship. It’s something I can safely say now. There wasn’t any bitterness attached to it as I was now at a place where I was fully able to accept the aftermath of everything. 

 

It felt liberating. 

 

I got a text from my group chat about the party that was being held tonight. It was supposedly going to be a huge event held at some mansion. I was a mix of nervous and excited, but these feelings only motivated me to look my best. 

 

I chose to curl my newly blonde colored hair. I just got it dyed a few weeks back as I felt like changing up my appearance. This year’s costume is my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter