how it fell apart

Delight in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

________________________________________________________________________________

No matter what you do, the truth always presents itself...

 

All my life I was used to keeping to myself. Don’t get me wrong, I was open to an  extent but I felt I was more inclined to help other people open up instead. I’ve always been pretty selective in who I chose to trust. It probably had to do with witnessing heartbreak around me all my life. It fully frightened me because I had no idea what heartbreak would be capable of doing to me or yet, what I would find myself doing because of it. 

 

I wouldn’t know until I actually found myself in that exact position. 

 

With more time spent growing closer to Baekhyun, I felt this constant dread residing within me. The thing is, I was definitely happy to have him in my life. 

 

But I was also definitely fearing for the days ahead of us and it’s all due to the feelings bubbling beneath the surface. 

 

He was only supposed to be a good friend of mine-my best friend- but I’ve come to realize that there are just things you can’t control. Just like my addiction to sweets. I’ve battled myself every time a voice inside of me beckons me to be honest out loud. I hated that it had to be this way, because he was always honest with me. Sometimes honest to a fault, but I still appreciated that about him. 

 

What I also appreciated about him is the way he was raised and who he was raised by. If I had the chance to trade lives with him, I’d do so because of how amazingly supportive and healthy his family life is. His parents are understanding and uplifting and Baekhyun is a product of their nurturing abilities.

 

I decide to pay him and his family a visit on the weekend. When the door swings open I’m greeted by his younger sister who I’ve recognized in the moment to have aged quickly since I’ve met her years ago. She wastes no time to wrap her arms around me. Their family is known to be quite affectionate. It’s something I had to adjust to since there were always barriers in my household. Either way, it left a warm feeling inside me everytime we parted from the gesture. 

 

“He’s not home yet,” She informs as she purses her lips. 

 

I find it odd because he usually is, or with me. Could it be that he was getting tired of me? I broke my thoughts away as I knew I’d spiral with this one thought. It was something I did lately.

 

I managed to keep it platonic for the most part, yet here I was incredibly enamored of him. It frustrated me because it was something I couldn’t do anything about. He was too important. Too precious. Having him close like this is the only way I can have him. I can’t risk losing him, because I know I’ll lose it. 

 

I don’t even realize I’m in my own head until his mom unchains my tangled thoughts. 

 

“Have you eaten anything yet?” She brightly questions. 

 

I grin in return and shake my head. She encourages me to follow her to the dining table so that she can prepare me something to eat. Her food always tasted so amazing; it was probably because of the outpour of love that she had which had probably oozed itself into the meals. 

 

I take a seat observing the family photos decorated around the walls. I’ve seen them all and know every story behind them yet I can’t help but smile seeing how wholesome they were. It made me wish my family could be the same way. But I rid those thoughts, because it’d be impossible to open up to them. Not when they continuously shut me out. 

 

The clink of the plate snaps me out of my daze and I’m pleased to see a piece of chocolate pie perfectly sat upon it. She knew exactly my taste. I thanked her immediately. The Byun’s never failed to make me feel like I was part of the family. That is another big reason why I could never cross the line. I couldn’t afford to lose them, too. 

 

“You’re graduating soon, aren’t you?” She asks, taking a seat across from me as she sips on her smiley face mug. 

 

“In less than a year,” I say, sighing about how extensive the last few months were going to be. 

 

“That’s great. You’ll soon find a job. Then marry our son,” She outwardly says. 

 

The timing of delivery is off because the comment ends up cultivating me into choking on to the piece of pie. She pats my back until I finally get it unstuck. She chuckles before grabbing a cup of water to relieve what had seemed to be some sort of humorous outtake. I gulped the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter