how he won me over

Delight in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    The fact is, small things accumulate into something bigger…

 

   Baekhyun was a big part of my life. From the very moment I met him, he made a big impression on me. How sweet was he to have accompanied his little sister to go candy-hopping? He could’ve been indulging in the drunken festivities of the holiday, yet he still chose to dress like a disney prince, solely to make his sibling happy. His selflessness was one of the many attributes I adored about him.

  After realizing we had gone to the same school, I became more aware of his potential whereabouts. I didn’t think he would be on my mind as much as he was at the time, but his mannerisms proved him to be as charming as the character he was playing.

   And of course when I had least expected it, that’s when we met again. To my dismay, I wasn’t the Cinderella he met, but an average, unmindful college student. It was partially the reason why I was so taken aback when I felt a tap on my shoulder and a curious, “Cinderella?” coming from him.

 

  I wasn’t used to such a warm presence in my life and I think that’s what scared me the most.

 




                                                                                           ★━━━━━━━━━━━━★

 

 

 

   In the two years that had passed since our first meeting,  Baekhyun and I have transitioned from cordial exchanges on campus to meeting after classes everyday. I was a creature of habit, whereas he was the spontaneous kind. I found myself running into him in all parts of the school and as much as I tried to keep my distance, he always found a way to approach me.

       I recall the very moment I considered him a friend.

    I had just come out of my philosophy class and was heading to the nearest vending machine to satisfy my need for a snack. I owed it to myself seeing as I survived a three hour lecture.  I was already eye-ing the chocolate bar as the tip of my tongue dragged in rotation against my lips. It was calling out to me. I was so disheartened to find that my wallet was nowhere to be found.

   My hand grazed against the glass as my free hand c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter