chapter 6: let yourself be loved

the subtle art of finding your missing piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, how do you know when you are completely in love with someone?” Yujin asked. Hyewon was baffled upon hearing yet another question from Yujin who has been constantly asking her different rhetorical questions for the last hour as if hearing her own profs question her that daily is not enough. Not that it bothered her but hearing her sister sound so unsure for the first time in forever is alarming and charming. Because the Yujin she knows is always so sure of everything. “Yuj, why don’t you ask yourself?” Hyewon hummed. “You know all the answers to your questions, girly.”

Hyewon moved a little closer to her sister, closing the gap that is separating them and pulling Yujin in a hug. “What is really up with you? Did you fight with Wonnie?” Yujin shuffled in her embrace, nodding her head in disagreement. “No, of course not. It’s just that… I am afraid of what is about to happen.” “You know, what if I hurt her? What if I fail in being the best? What if… what if I do something stupid to her that makes her doubt herself?” Yujin answered panting. The last few days were not the very best. In the sense that every time Wonyoung is away from Yujin, all that she could think about are the endless what ifs. It shouldn’t be like that, right. At least that is what Yujin thinks.

“I know I sound completely like a fool, like a lost child, but it’s because I treasure her so much, Hyewonnie. I can’t afford losing Wonyoung. She makes me so so so complete.”

“You know, I for sure don’t know much about life and love because I am still learning about it every day, but one thing is for sure, you’ll do just fine, Yujin. You don’t always have to be the best. Sometimes it’s enough to be just, you. Completely bare, inevitable to make mistakes and flaw some. And you, you are the best Wonyoung could ever wish for. That, I am 1000% precise. Have you seen how your girl looks at you? Damn, Yuj! Didn’t know you are capable of making someone fall in love with you that hard.” Hyewon teased the younger one. Happy that for once, she didn’t up with taking care of her, even under the crazy circumstance of questions and love.

“Every time I look at Wonyo, all I could see is the person mom would tell stories about before. As if mom knew she was gonna come to my life and change me forever, for the better. Like all this time, Wonyoung was destined to be my soulmate. And right now, she is my soulmate and I am extremely, extremely grateful that it is her. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I just love seeing her smile in the morning and hear her sing every time in the shower. She makes life so simple and so steady.”

“She’s a keeper, Yuj.” Hyewon said as she led the way out the rooftop. “But we have to head down now because…. Minju.” She would’ve prolonged the conversation but Yujin sounds so whipped and she can’t stand it anymore besides Minju is definitely mad now for making her wait long.

“Minju unnie is probably fuming mad right now, Kwangbae. You don’t make THE Kim Minju wait!” Yujin snickered, running away from the tightening grip of Hyewon who’s now being pulled into the penthouse by her girlfriend.

“Bye, unnies! Have fun but not too much fun! I am too young to become an aunt!”

“YAH! AHN YUJIN!” The couple shouted, drop dead surprised with what the younger one said.

“Unless….?”

“What’s with the look, Hyewonah? Don’t look at me like that!” Minju uttered as she shook her head side to side, pretending to block Hyewon’s gaze that is already embedded deep in her brain. Minju ran inside and left Hyewon giggling. “Why do you always react as if I am the bottom one in this relationship? I AM NOT!” Hyewon retorted back.

+

After the last class ended, the two immediately made a bee line to their respective after class activities today. One about to work and the other about to annoy someone. Of course, without bidding a little way too sweet goodbye. Yujin engulfed Wonyoung in a hug, nestling her head in the crook of the taller one’s neck. Wonyoung ruffled Yujin’s hair. Resting her chin just atop Yujin’s head. “Unnie, did something happen?” “Nothing, I just love how you smell like strawberries and how warm your hugs are. Now hug me tighter, bunbun.” Yujin replied while Wonyoung just giggled with how soft Yujin turned the moment her puppy eyes started appearing. Wonyoung won’t pass on taking care of this human despite how clingy she gets in public that somehow almost always embarrasses her greatly.

Wonyoung for the nth time since Miss Son announced the final project has not shut up about it. At least when she is with Yuri, that is. “Yah! Jang! You’re too damn noisy, cousin.” Yuri shouted from the other side of her dorm where her piano sits and a bunch of musical sheets were laying around. “I am trying to graduate here!” She said as she stood up and pointed at all the notes Wonyoung can’t see that Yuri can, apparently. Just like the film student in front of her, the music students are also bombarded with multiple final projects, especially the ones graduating. One is to compose a piece and well the others? To compose pieces also.

“Unnie! What do I do with Miss Son’s given project?” Wonyoung sighed and Yuri lost count on how many times she did today.

“Uhh? You do exactly what you are thinking right now?” Yuri shouted back. “I know what… or should I say who is running on your mind, Won. Just ing do it. Stop chickening out. You are a bunny for a reason.” Rolling her eyes at the younger one, Yuri diverted her attention to the other huma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter