Sadness...

My First Words Are,Lee Donghae

 

(A/N: ... do you want to get a tissue box first? no? maybe? Why? Because you're gonna hate me for this,but....umm...character death.)
 
-EUNHYUK'S POV-
 
I yawned for a moment and looked up. The trees filtered sunlight. It was beautifully sweet,like pale golden flowing sunlight subtly tinged with pure serenity. An intricate dance of feelings.. I was at the park,under the tree's shade. Alone. Donghae was somewhere else. At home probably. I took the time to just come here alone. The park seemed to be quiet today. It's spring so there is usually a lot of people enjoying the fresh cooling air. I don't know why,but today..just doesn't seem right.. The birds aren't chirping. Ducks are no where in sight. Butterflies aren't flying. I  shrugged and stood up. Time to go home.
 
As I walk down the street, I saw people smiling and laughing. I smiled along, at least there are some people having fun..together. Now,I suddenly regret not bring Donghae along. Two years past since we were dating so hopefully we haven't drifted apart. It doesn't seem like it. Donghae still hugs me, kisses me, smiles at me, play with me. All that stuff. 
 
Once I got home,I laid in my bed,recalling all the memories Donghae and I had in my apartment. A smile stretched across my face and a warm feeling was placed inside me. I shifted my position and something caught my eye. I got up and walked to my desk to see my camcorder. I picked it up and noticed how dusty it had gotten. I haven't been recording for a few months. It's been a long time.. 
 
I the camera and took note that the battery was still full. I pressed a button and went to previous pictures and videos from before. Thumbnails of videos and pictures passed by. I came aross the time Donghae and I had went to the amusement park. 
 
"Day 1,happiness! We're at the amusement park! We're gonna have some fun~!" Donghae shouted,along with some background noises. A quick 360 spin around the amusement park and the video stopped. But the next was a continuation. This time with more footage with everything. The people,the food,the rides,and of course childish Donghae. The scene where he was in front of the monkey statue,smiling so brightly. I wished I filmed that more..
 
The next video contains our time together normally. Some videos were our dance practiced. Others were just random ones of us being lazy and whing at home. There were videos at the park. I went ouver each picture and video until I found a video I didn't recognize. It showed Donghae smiling in the beginning.
 
"Shhh~! This is Eunhyuk's surprise birthday~ I bought this cake for you Hyukkie~ You seemed mad when you left so sorry~ Although..you probably didn't realized that you were mad..." Donghae chuckled before continuing," Happy Birthday Hyuk~ You mean the whole world to me. I always knew you were special... Eunhyuk, just remember you're not alone. Because I'm here! Okay? I hear the door unlocking,that means you're home. Keke,Birthday surprise. Okay, bye~ Love you~!!"
 
I smiled.. How come I didn't see this before..? That idiot fish..being so cheesy yet sweet at the same time. It just makes my heart skip a beat. 
 
Donghae is truly the best thing that ever happened to me. The one day he came up to me and said hi.. That reminds me.. I don't talk. I listen,but don't talk. Donghae showed me that talking and using your voice is a good thing. One of the hundred ways to express your feelings. Maybe.. I should just say hi..this one time. 
 
I opened my mouth to attempt the talking,but was soon interrupted by my phone ringing. That's weird, I rarely get phone calls. I turned off my camera and reached for my phone,pressing the green button
 
"Hello? Is this Lee Eunhyuk?" I heard a deep male voice over the phone line say.
 
"..." I stayed silent,but as I listened to the stranger ,I pressed play of an unknown video of Donghae talking. The date was yesterday at my house.
 
"My time has come, and so I'm gone. To a better place, far beyond. I love you all as you can see and feel. But it's better now, because I'm free. God that sounded weird, but hopefully you understand Hyukkie~" My mind wandered a bit until I heard the man.
 
"Hello?" The man repeated, but after that, I heard some talking in the background.
 
"Oh umm I see.. If this is Lee Eunhyuk, please knock twice on a hard surface or clap." Following the man's directions, I hit my table top twice and putting the phone near the table to hear more clearly. 
 
"Alright Eunhyuk. I have some news for you regarding your friend Lee Donghae." I frowned at the word "friend". Donghae is more than a friend. He's my guardian angel, he's my lover, my other half,he's my life. But wait..What about Donghae?
 
"He's in the hospital as of right now because of his unknown disease. Donghae collapesd at his house and his family rushed him in the hospital. Well,Donghae wanted to let you know about his condit-" was all I heard from the man before I hung up. And before I had ran out of my house. 
 
I ran through the streets like a madman. Frantically trying to get to the hospital for Donghae. What do you mean unknown? Donghae,how come you never told me?! After 2 years together... After seeing you so healthy yesterday, you just suddenly felt weak. But thinking that made me run faster. I ran with all my power. My heart and legs was aching. My lungs need to breathe. But I kept going. I even ran through red lights,but I didn't care. Donghae is the only person that can make me go crazy,but yet make me feel all types of emotions. 
 
Once I got to the hopital,I typed on my phone. for the women at the front counter.
 
LEE DONGHAE
 
I showed her the message as I breathed in and out deeply and hard. She nodded and said," Lee Donghae, floor 13,room 1015. 
 
I bowed to show her my thanks and ran again even though my mind begged me to stop, but my heart pleaded for me to go on. I ran through the halls of floor 13 and scanned the doors. 
 
1012
 
1013
 
1014
 
..1015
 
I turned the handle to the door and opened it harshly to reveal Donghae laying on the hospital bed,shocked,but smiling. This time..a weak smile.
 
-DONGHAE'S POV-
 
My eyes were wide opened when I saw Eunhyuk breathing heavily,but I smiled,knowing that he cares. He came closer and fell on the bed I was in. I turned to my side and his cheek,kissing his forehead. He looked at me with eyes full of sorrow.. but yet he doesn't know about that yet. 
 
"You're sad..aren't you?" I whispered.
 
What's that...?
 
"Disadvantage,loss,despair,helplessness,sorrow,rage. Basically,your mood is low. Crying indicates you're sad.." I gently explained and he nodded.
 
Then I'm sad.
 
"I know you are..." I said in a low volume.
 
Why aren't you speaking loud and energetic..?
 
I chuckled silently," Because I'm losing my voice. There will be a point where I can't talk.." Or breathe.
 
He nodded. And his next action surprised me..
 
Once Eunhyuk closed his eyes, a drop of tears fell from his eyes. His eyes were red once he opened them. 
 
"You're crying..." I noted and wiped his first sorrowful tear with my thumb.
 
"Okay, then it's time to say this. You know that at some point of our lives, we lose someone,but don't ever let go of your smile." 
 
He nodded as I continued,"We enjoy warmth because we have been cold.We appreciate light because we have been in darkness.By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.Without hate, we cannot know love.Without happiness, we would not know despair.These are the emotions that fill one's every lifespan.Enjoy them,cherish them,and take advantage of every chance you have,because you have only one chance to live. I know it sounds cliche and cheesy, but it's true."
 
I held Eunhyuk close,inhaling his scent,feeling his body fitting perfectly against mine. I let Eunhyuk got off the bed and I kissed his lips..one last time..
 
-EUNHYUK'S POV-
 
We broke the kiss and before I knew it, many doctors and nurses were trying to get Donghae back to Earth.  My vision became blurry. Crying... Shedding tears.  The one person I love..the one person that can make me feel all different types of emotions. Donghae rebuilded me. I'm now human, I guess. Because watching a strong,beautiful person wither away is just hearbreaking. As I stood in the back, I watched Donghae die slowly.The doctors stopped trying too.
 
I walked closer to Donghae, and noticed that he was smiling at me. That  gorgeous eye-blinding smile made the tears overflow..and wouldn't stop. My legs became weak and I fell, kneeling beside Hae. Covering my face as the tears run down my cheek. I looked at Donghae and began something I never did before.
 
Today.. I cried and talked.
 
" Lee Donghae!!!"  I clutched his shirt and cried even harder.
 
"Donghae! Hae! Please!! Don't leave me alone! You promised to be there for me! Why?! Why are you doing this?! I love you! You taught me so much! After being with you for so long..it's hard to let go. And you know that! Please...don't..go..."  
 
"Hyukjae...Your voice is beautiful.."
 
                                                                 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
A/N: I had a hard time writing this..why? CUZ DONGHAE WAS DYING! TT TT Ok so..umm..ya hate me? You should -sigh- 
This is the end~ I love this fic, It's the first eunhae one I wrote so this does have some memories. This won't be the last eunhae though. Oh no. I have plenty of ideas for newer fics and stuff. keke Love you guys for sticking to the end~
 
How'd you guys feel about this fic,huh? Oh and I should mention that this is short, so excuse me for somethings that went a little to fast. -sigh-My usual fic length is like 10 chapters. In the future, once I get better, fics will be longer. :D
Replies/Thanks to:
 
ChristalSJ- you seemed like you were there from the beginning :]
hahahani-your comments motivated me :D
fishy_haehae91- your comments made me remember that you were still there :)
parkchanmi3- i see your comments everywhere~ ^^
maknaehariiex27-I see you comment a lot XD
AyaniELF- you were fast to catch on my next chapter 8D
LittleCloud- you had a helpful comment,explaining what seemed bad and all c:
To these people, your prize is a oneshot of any pair(that I know, profile says otps I write) with any genre. Tell me what you want the fic to be about on my wall. :D Well of course if you want the oneshot.
First one to get this question right will win a oneshot: How did Donghae know Eunhyuk's real name?
The people listed above can't answer, you can answer, but on my wall,private message
Thanks for other people that commented and subscribed though~! I love you too~ maybe next time~ ♥ but if you really really really want one then ask~ XD
 
Comments=♥ No Silent Readers~
 
~Dia is Out!~