Surprise

My First Words Are,Lee Donghae

 

(A/N: this is a rewrite of this chapter because of the AFF incident. They restored chapters,but mine didn't come back-_- im writing this by memory, so plz excuse if there are big changes)
 
-DONGHAE'S POV-
 
"Hmmm birthday...birthday..." I mumbled to myself as I skim through a folder the Leeteuk,the student council president, provided me. I set my legs on his table and leaned back in the big chair."Aha! D.O.B ...is April 4th. Well, that's not too long from today.It's only... tomorrow... Tomorrow? Right? What!? TOMORROW!??! Aish...What am I gonna do?" I scratched the back of my head and started to think.
 
----
 
-EUNHYUK'S POV-
 
Donghae-ah
 
I tapped him to show him my message. He looked up,a little surprise.
 
Are you ok? You seem out of it today..
 
He chuckled in response," Hehe, really? Well I just have a lot on my mind.." 
 
I nodded,continuing to write on a piece of paper. I could tell I was worried. Donghae's expression and mood is entirely different. He would frown and have furrowed brows. I took out my camera, and turned it on. Looking behind me for any signs of the yelling teacher. Mr.Yang was sleeping...as usual. I turned back to Donghae. I pressed the red button to start filming. Donghae was looking outside the window with a slightly worried face. His face profile showed wonderously through the camera,but even better in reality . His pose looked like one of those people in the magazines or in those movies. Donghae finally took noticed of the camera recording him. He looked at me and smiled that cheeky smile of his. The one that showed his childish personality. His eyes,however,showed a different story. It showed slight fear,distress, a negative mood. I frowned and shut off the camera,putting it away.
 
Donghae.. What exactly are you thinking of to make you out of it?
 
"Well, I can tell you,but that would ruin everything huh? Especially today.."
 
What are you talking about?
 
"I'm just thinking how- OH! I know! I gotta go,Eunhyuk! See you later!"
 
He ran to the door in full speed,but stopped once a paper airplane hit him right in the head. He pouted,picked up the origami,and read it.I threw the paper airplane, containing a note I wrote. I knew I wouldn't have time to type on my phone so I did that. How did I know that Donghae would run up like that? Instincts.He smiled again and looked at me. 
 
"Of course,we'll be practicing today!" He yelled to me,showing me a thumbs up. With that,he ran out. I was happy with his reply, but the fact he woke Mr.Yang up made me want to hit him later.
 
----------
 
I looked at my digital clock on my phone. I walked to the radio,turned to a track and paused it in the beginning. I've done that several times while waiting for Donghae. I sighed silently. Donghae's late. He promised me,well not exactly. I rolled my eyes. I heard the clock in the room tick in the dead silence. 45 minutes late.. Hae's usually never late. Why all of the sudden? Did something happen? Did he get hurt? Was he kidnapped? My mind continued to roam like that for awhile. Until I heard footsteps. I looked at the mirror then turned behind me. Donghae was present. 
 
"I'm so sorry that I'm late ,Hyukkie! I had to do something.."
 
Oh,it's ok. What were you doing?
 
"I was...in..trouble..."
 
Eh?! Why?
 
"No particular reason.."
 
I frowned at that statement. Just tell me. It's fine.
 
"I ditched school..."
 
Why?
 
"I can't really tell you.."
 
I wanted to put a thousand exclamation marks. But I knew that it wouldn't help much. Because it was plain stupid. Texts aren't as powerful as voice. I need a way to show him I care. Ditching school for no apparent reason? As his friend,I demand to know. Friend...?Does he think of me as a friend? I must be pretty stupid...I slightly opened my mouth to finally say something. But seeing Donghae's shocked eyes,I closed my mouth again.
 
Aren't I your friend? Why can't you tell me something important?If it's a problem then how come I can't help you? Donghae...what am I to you?
 
"..."
 
I frowned because of his silence. I turned around to the door and left. Leaving him in lonliness. What I didn't know was that my feet started picking pace. From walking to running. I ran out of the pitch black hallways to the dim light outside. It was already 7pm by the time I was outside. I looked back and saw no movement in the shadows of the school. That means Donghae's not coming for me. 
 
I walked out of the campus,onto the streets. The sun's gone. The moon's up. Darkness pretty much would have engulfed the world if we didn't have electricity,fire,or the moon. Catiously I walked to the convienence store nearby. For what? The one thing that can calm me down. Strawberry milk. I dug into my pockets for money. I have enough. I smiled to myself,knowing that I'll have my strawberry milk. But something,of course, bad happened. I realized that my house keys,my camera,and the rest of my belongings was back in the dance studio..
 
I sighed for my poor luck. 
 
----
 
I came out,drinking strawberry milk. I was happy for a moment when the sweet beverage came rushing through my mouth down my throat.The happiness disappeared once I remembered that I don't have the keys to get back home.Donghae still might be at the studio,so I don't want to go back there Maybe I have an open window.. 
 
After moments of turning back,walking sideways, being cautious of ,serial killers,or kidnappers, I was finally home. I went up the stairs and stood in front of the entrance. I had a spare key...but a certain fish accidently threw it somewhere far and cat nearby came to pick it up..I tried turning on the doorknob just for the heck of it. Turns out the door was unlock. I always locked the door...Could it be a robber? The lights was off when I came inside. What's going on..?
 
I every light on and briefly examined if anything was stolen. No one and nothing was gone. I went to my bedroom and saw the door slightly opened. My heart pounded. Mixed feelings dwelled inside me. I took a deep breath and positioned myself to open the door and the lights on the count of 3.
 
1..
 
2...
 
2 1/2.... 
 
Wh- for crying out loud! 3!
 
I pushed the door and the lights at the same time. Seeing someone in my room with a happy face.
 
"Surprise~" the culprit said.My eyes widen,my heart stopped for a moment,and I quickly took out my phone. 
 
DONGHAE!
 
 
Again,if I talk, this moment would be a burst of emotions. I was about to type to him again,but I took a closer look on what he was holding. A cake.. It was a small cake.On the sides were thin strawberry slices that stuck to the cake all around with a white cream as the background. Red powder was covering the top with strawberries,raspberries,powdered sugar, and one lit candle.
 
"Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
 
Sa-rang-ha-nun Lee Eunhyuk
 
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da"
 
 
"Now blow out the candle and make a wish~" Donghae instructed, I looked at his cheeful,but gentle smile. I smiled back and knew exactly what to wish. In one blow and a wish, the little gleaming fire was gone.
 
We sat on the bed and he gave me the cake.
 
"Let me go get you something to eat that with," He said giving a slight chuckle at the end of the sentence. He went to the kitchen and I let the cake sit on my lap, taking my phone out ,too. I started thumbing the buttons,spelling out words of gratitude, letter by letter. Donghae came back with a spoon and gave it to me.
 
I opened up another document and typed,You're not going to eat?
 
"It's your cake~ I bought it for you,"  I nodded and started eating, I went back to the little paragraph and showed Donghae
 
Thank you Donghae~ I'm sorry I ran away and yelled at you..kinda. I didn't expect this at all.. But..how'd you know it was my birthday?How'd you get the cake..? How'd you get in? Why'd you do this?  
 
"Well first, I have my ways to know your birthday.Second, I bought the cake when I ditched school,basically that was the reason why I ditched. Third, you left your keys and everything back at the room,which I brought back. And lastly, because you're my friend,"
 
That answered my last question too. The question that I did not type just then,but had typed earlier. 
 
' Donghae...what am I to you? '
 
I'm his friend..
 
------------
 
Donghae stayed for the night since it was pretty late. We were now in bed. The same bed. The same blanket and pillow. He's wearing my clothes too. Not to mention,his arm is wrapped around me. Hugging me tightly, like I was precious..
 
"Congrats Hyuk...You learned the art of surprise.. Oh yeah. There has been one question I've been wanting to ask today.." He mumbled tiredly.
 
"How come you weren't excited for your birthday?" I took out my phone under the blanket.
 
I never celebrated my birthday. Every year, I just took it as a normal day. Or for the whole day,I thought why am I like this? Why am I living like this? So simply, birthdays never existed in my world..
 
"Eh? Not anymore. They exist now~ You live in my world now.. Where everyone treat you as family. " Donghae whispered,pulling me closer to his body and making my heart beat so fast and hard that I think Donghae can hear. A strange feeling crept inside. A new feeling huh?
 
For once..I'm happy that I was born. For once I have company. He always made me happy. He always spent time with me. He did everything with me. He gave up a bunch of his friends.. for single me. He made such a sacrifice.. for little old me.
 
Where everyone treat you as family..
You're my friend...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: A rewrite of the surprise chapter. Same events,but worded differently.Even added some more events. -Sigh- 
Ok.. after I get the other missing chapter up, i'm back on schedule with this fic. this fic was on like a mini hiatus. O_O
Well it's back and running.
 
Comments=♥No Silent Readers
 
~Dia is Out!~