Waiting

Missing You

He can’t do that, or he doesn’t want to, it has been years, he shouldn’t have come back, he doesn’t need pity. 

 

“Hey!” Luhan snapped at his dazed state, Minseok’s worried face came to his view. He entered the kitchen without him noticing.

 

“You seem so out of it, are you alright?” 

 

He didn’t mean to space out in the middle of his work, he sighed to himself, then pretended to wipe the coffee mugs.

 

“I-I’m good Min, I-” He thought of Sehun. His eyes that looked like it was hoping or maybe he was wrong again. “I’m thinking of moving away.”

 

Minseok can’t believe his ears, he can’t quite understand why he would do such a thing. 

 

“Is there someone bothering you?” His cat-like eyes were squinted at his words. “Or am I not paying you well enough?” Minseok began to nub on his nails.

 

He looked at him with adoration in his eyes, he knew that Minseok did this when he was upset or nervous, he didn't want to leave ofcourse, but what if Sehun took Shaoting away? How can he deal with such loss, his heart shrank just by thought of it. 

 

“I--” His words were cut short when Kris called him.

 

"Someone was looking for you there Lu, man smells like a credit card."

 

"Does even a credit card smell?" Minseok retorted.

 

Confused, he got out of the kitchen just to be greeted by a handsome yet irritating face at the counter. He helplessly sighed.

 

"What do you want?" he coldly said, brows furrowed, crossing his arms. Unaware by the amused gazes around them. 

 

It was new to the staff how Luhan, their friend who is really kind, was acting so cold to a man they didn't know. 

 

Minseok was even more shocked to see who it was. How can this be? Why is he here? 

 

"Am I not allowed to see you?" a small smile was playing on his beautiful lips, oh how Luhan missed that smile a lot. Taking him back to those past years with him.

 

He acted tough outside yet he was dying inside. "I don't know you sorry." he decided to walk back to the kitchen.

 

"Aren't I your baby daddy?" he was taken aback, eyes almost rolled out of his sockets, earning everyone's gasp and surprise except for Minseok. 

 

He walked back and stood there close to him with a fiery gaze, he whispered in a harsh tone, "Don't test my patience Oh Sehun, you know you can't handle it."

 

Sehun gulped, of course he knew, but when he said it to him it was kind of hot, like it was the first time they talked. 

 

Sehun raised his hand in defeat, smiling. "I'm going, I'm going! But please, answer your phone, I've been calling you for hours to know my son's schedule so i know when to pick you two up."

 

"You don't have to pick us up. We can go home ourselves." He turned his back ready to walk away but his hands were caught by him, sending jolts of electricity to their bodies, enough to give both of them pleasant shivers to their spine.

 

It never goes away does it? Luhan sighed to his heart, why does he stir his feelings easily like that as if it was never gone in the first place?

 

"J-just let me okay?" Sehun asked him with a pleading smile. "I wanted to be part of him too." 

 

"Leave for now, we'll talk later." breaking away at his burning touch, he really can't do this, he doesn't want to be weak in front of him.

 

Sehun nodded at him and left, Luhans co-workers all pretended to do their tasks, afraid that Luhan might get mad for prying at his business.

 

Minseok followed him after an hour giving him a break inside the kitchen.

 

"So that's why you wanted to leave?" eyes were solemn, and sad. 

 

He sighed, he wanted to keep it to Minseok, but maybe it was for the best. 

 

"Yes, I'm afraid that he might take Shaoting away." digging his palms with his nails. "And you know I can't handle that, he is the only one I have right now. I can't afford to lose him too."

 

Minseok knows he could do nothing about it. Contemplating whether he should ask them to live with him or offer him a new home.

 

"I know he will always find me." he murmured under his breath, eyes were drooping low.

 

Minseok sighed, "You should fetch Shaoting now Lu. Change stations with Tao." he nodded.

 

He walked outside, waiting for a cab, but a black car parked in front of him. He already knows who it is. 

 

"Hop in. Let's talk." he must've been waiting for him outside all this time.

 

Inside the car was so silent that even a pindrop can be heard. Sehun was the first one to break the silence. 

 

"Live with me." Luhans brows were arching. 

 

"Why would I do that?"

 

"So that you wouldn't get a problem that I'm taking Shaoting away from you. Isn't it for the best? Win win situation? I would get to see him and provide him with his needs everyday, and you will still be with him. You don't have to worry about me getting his custody when we live together."

 

Luhan didn't reply, just sitting there looking gloomy, knowing Sehun wouldn't stop for nothing until he got what he wanted. 

 

Sehun sighed for the lack of response, he wouldn't pressure him, he knows that he needs to think of this. So he will wait for him until he is willing to live with him again. Yeah again, like that time when they were college. How he missed that time until now, it was his own fault anyway. 

 

"I'll give you a time to think about it, Lu. I just want the best for Shaoting too, without taking him away from you of course. I know how much he loves you, and I know he doesn't know me, you had your reasons. I understand and I'm willing to wait. Take your time thinking about my offer." 

 

He dropped him off to Shaotings school, Luhan got out fast, seeing Shaoting who was running for Luhan's embrace, he felt a prick on his heart, he really wanted to tell Shaoting who he was, but he can't do that just yet, he doesn't have a right to ask for acknowledgement when he was the one who left Shaotings Papa alone, but he was still willing to wait until they both accept him into their lives.