Shattered Heart

The Angel and The Devil

Irene's POV

 

One month that what it takes for me to fall in love with Seulgi deeply. One month full of secret dates. One month of exchanging sweet conversation, laughter and full of attention.

 

Movie dates at her home. Cuddling holding hands, name it we did it. Except for kissing and ual things. She's not rich nor poor she's just a normal girl with a normal life.

 

 

But I didn't expect it will be just a calm before the storm.

 

 

"Hey look at this." I heard from a group of girls huddling in the corner. I was about to pass them when I've heard my name. "I thought that Irene and Seulgi is dating they are always together." I stopped on walking and tried to listen to their conversation.

 

"Probably Seulgi can't get Irene to have her in bed that's why she looked for a short time." My tears are forming from my eyes, I slowly walked towards the group of friends that are chatting.

 

 

"Let me see." I coldly said the group of friends. They hide the phone that they are feasting on. It made my blood boil and I can't control my emotions right now. “I SAID LET ME SEE IT!" I shouted on top of my lungs and everyone now is looking at me. She slowly gives her phone to me. As I saw the pictures my heart breaks into tiny little pieces. "Tell me it's all a lie."

 

"No it's not. I'm very sorry Irene." The girl answered.

 

"Irene!" I heard the sweetest voice called my name. But now I hate it I hate the way she calls me. I hate it. She smiled and walked towards me.

 

"Stay right their Kang Seulgi!" I shouted. "Don't come near me you. You can't have me in bed that's why you ed another woman? You're a ing jerk! I hate you!" Seulgi froze. The girl showed Seulgi the picture.

 

"Let me explain Irene." I run when she tried to talk to me. But I heard a loud shout. " this !!" I heard a load sound and I looked back Seulgi punched a locker and blood gushing from her hands. I want to go to her but I'm too weak and broken to see her right now.

 

One whole week for me to have the strength to go to school. I never felt this weak and emotionally unstable in my entire life.

 

I entered the first class. I sit beside Jennie. I scanned the room and I saw the person who breaks my heart. She's just staring at the window.

 

"Are you ok now?" Jennie asked me. I said to my friends that I'm not feeling well that's why I won’t go to school.

 

"Yeah" I lazily said to her. She just nods I think she has an Idea on what's happening with me.

 

"Good morning class. Oh Ms. Bae your here nice to see you again." Mrs. Lee greeted me. I nod to her and smiled.

 

"Let's start. Our topic for today is trust. What's trust for you?" Mrs. Lee asked the class.

 

"That's what you give to a person or anything who you truly believe." BM answered

 

"Ok good BM. How about the others what is trust for you and how can you say that you trust a person?” I felt pain in my chest. Is it because of Seulgi is it because I trusted her.

 

"You can trust a person when you believe that they are true to you and showed every single flaws that they have. But be careful to trust just anyone easily they might hurt you at the end. When the trust is broken it's very hard to fix it." I give a little shade to Seulgi.

 

"Bull." I heard a stern voice came from the other side of the room. Everyone looked at her.

 

"What's your problem Kang Seulgi." I glared at her.

 

"If you truly trust someone you should've just listened to person first before concluding things in your mind. It shows that you don't truly trust the person." Seulgi exclaimed.

 

"Ha! Everyone saw it. Everyone knows what you did. Why would I listen to your lies? It won't make sense just to listen to your bull." I half shouted. Everyone is just listening to us.

 

"That's the problem Irene. They only see the bad things about me. But your different I showed you my different side because I rust you and I thought that you are different but at the end your just like them.” Seulgi then walked out of the room.

 

Everyone went quiet. Seulgi and I caused drama in the room.

 

‘I guess you’re having a lover’s quarrel?” Mrs. Lee said.

 

 

I also want to get out of the room to have a fresh air. It is embarrassing to stay hear I know that everyone can’t easily forget the things that just happen. “ma’am I would like to go out first”

 

 

“You may leave I know that you don’t have enough strength to continue for the rest of the lesson.” I received a smile from Mrs. Lee.

 

 

I sat down on a bench and looked up in the clouds, wondering what really happened. Should I listen to Seulgi?  “hey Irene” I know this voice it’s BM.” Here for you to calm you down a bit.”

 

I looked at him weirdly but I still accept the drink. “Don’t worry I am not a person who take advantage of a girl wo’s broken hearted. And besides I have a girlfriend you may not remember her but she’s one of the girls who showed you the picture of Seulgi.”  Oh she is one of them.

 

“Oh ok. Thank you for the drink.”

 

“Trust her.” He suddenly said.

 

“Excuse me but who?”

 

“Seulgi trust her. I know her she’s my classmate from high school. She’s one of the kindest person I’ve ever known. That’s why I don’t believe the rumors and the pictures. It has a deeper story behind those photos.” So he knows Seulgi.

 

“Ok”

 

“don’t be pressured on what I’ve said it’s just my opinion. I’m heading back to the class.”

 

“Ok thank you for the drink and the advice.” He just waves his hands at me.

 

 

I’m now at my dorm crying in the couch. All the pain is creeping inside me again. I heard the door open, I want to stop to cry because Wendy will see me and question me. But I couldn’t stop.

 

"Hey Irene are you okay?" Wendy rushed to me.

"Yeah I'm fine it's my punishment."

"For what?" I looked at her and she looked confused.

"For playing with the devil." She shook her head and sit beside me.

"Did you even talked to her about it?"

"No I ignore her and she's doing the same thing to me. The only talk we have is when we fought this morning at the class.  It hurts but I don't have the say about it because we are not even together."

"Just try to communicate with her it's good to hear her side. And you said that she's not what people think she is."

So I decided to contact Seulgi to meet up at a park near our University. And she agreed to it. I'm waiting now at the park and I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked at her and saw a puffy red eyes that look like she cried.

"Hey sit beside me." I taped to the bench to let her sit.

"Why did you call me for its getting late and it's dangerous."

"I just want to know if the rumor is true. I know that I don't have any right to know because I ignore you."

"Then why did you ignore me I thought that you looked at me differently." She hung her head low.

"Because I'm hurt because I like you. I fell for you and to know that you're doing that it shatters my heart into prices. That I can't even talk to you." I confess and an awkward silence is deafening.

"You can't fall for the devil it will and up hurting you. And I don't want to hurt because I like you Irene. And I'm a mess. Do you know why they called me the devil?" I'm shocked at her confession. So I just nod.

To be continued