Emotions

The Angel and The Devil

Irene's POV

 

 

Few weeks have passed and I'm still observing Seulgi. Not because I like her because Lisa asked me to look for her friend. Besides that, I am very curious about her story, she wouldn’t be called The Devil by just being a play girl.

 

There are things that I've observed in Seulgi. She doesn't want to talk to people she practically ignores everyone. She's always asleep if she's not sleeping she's just staring outside the window. She always wears jackets or clothes that have long sleeves even if it's very hot.

 

I am cut off to my trance when Jennie tapped my shoulder.

 

"Hey Irene Mrs. Lee is already here. Are okay you seem like you are bit off lately are you sick?" Jennie is very observant towards me she can easily notice if something is not right or something is off about me.

 

 

"Oh nothing it's just that I'm still adjusting my body clock." I reasoned out. But the truth is I'm still thinking about Seulgi's slit on her wrist.

 

 

 

"Ok good morning class. For today's topic we will talk about emotions." Ms. Lee started the class. " Ok let's start. How can emotions can affect your work?" Jennie raised her hand to answer.

 

 

"For me if something happens to you before you go to work whether it's good or bad it will affect you. It may not affect you physically but it will stick on your head for the rest of the day." She may look brat bat this girl is smart.

 

 

"You're correct Ms. Kim. When emotions got hurt it will hurt and last longer when you're hurt physically. Some professionals are very good at hiding their emotions especially when you're facing your boss coworkers or facing your customers." I noticed that Mrs. Lee has this very approachable aura to her. She smiles a lot gives advice to us and gives us a life lesson when the lesson ends.

 

 

"I'll be give you questions and let me know your opinion. When are you happy with work." I raised my hands so that I can answer.

 

 

 

"That's very different for every person. Some people are happy on how big their salary is, they stay there even if the work place have a very toxic and very un-healthy environment for them. Some people stay because of the work place even if the salary is not that big but she's happy and her mental state is ok they stay there. Some people are just happy on what they are doing they don't care if the salary is high they don't care if the environment is toxic or not, for them the only thing that matters is they love what they are doing." Mrs. Lee clapped after I finish answering.

 

 

"You practically discussed everything. What a wise Young Lady." It's a bit weird to be complimented I'm not used to it.

 

 

"I'll just discuss it in a way that everyone will understand. Don't be offended I know that all of you understand what Ms. Bae say but I still need to do my job which is to teach you." She's good at explaining things but she's not good at cracking jokes.

 

 

I noticed that Seulgi is looking at me with a very gentle look. A look that is shouting kindness and softness. The way she looks is way different from her image. Why everything that I am observing about her I the polar opposite of what people are saying.

 

"So let me explain it through relationship. In a relationship their different reasons why you stay. First the person is staying because they benefit a lot when they are in a relationship with that person." One of my classmate interrupts.

 

 

"Oh so you're saying that they are using them for the money? I think that person is just a gold digger." He's right for the first time.

 

 

"In some part you are correct. But it's not all about the money. Some people have a very unstable mental health. Their partner can provide a mental support to the other person, they felt safe and secure but there's no love and feelings anymore. And if they find another person who can provide much better they can easily ditch that person." Mrs. Lee really know many things.

 

 

"For the next one is they are staying because they Love their partner too much that they don't care if they hurt her or abuse her." I heard a big sigh on my side and it came from Seulgi. This is weird is she affected because she does that kind of things or is she affected because she received that kind of treatment.

 

 

"Then ma'am why they don't report that person." This boy really is freaking curious about everything. But he has a point.

 

"Let's just say that they are afraid that they may lost that someone important to them. Or they are afraid of that person to be exact." I can feel a very dark aura Seulgi is giving. "But there are cases that that's their . If that's the case, we don't have anything can do about it."

 

But then Seulgi suddenly stand up and get her things rush towards the door. Everyone is stunned on her actions. I heard many whispers and murmuring around me. I unconsciously run to follow her. I don't know but I want to know what and why is she like this.

 

 

"Seulgi!" I shouted at her but she continued to walk. I called her again but there's no response. I bolted towards her to catch-up. As soon as I catch up to her I hug her from the back. She stopped from walking.

 

"What do you want?" Her low and husky voice asked me. I don't know why am I doing this. Is it me having a crush on her? Or me being an angel?

 

"Why are you like this Seulgi? Why are reacting like that whenever a certain topic is being brought up? Why is there pain in your eyes whenever things are being opened up?" That's the questions that I want her to answer.

 

She held my hands and put a little force break me from hugging her. "No! There's no pain in my eyes Irene. There's no single emotion flowing in to my body!" The coldness in her tone fears me. It's the first time I feel fear. But I mastered up the courage.

 

"No Seulgi! Your pain is showing every time I looked into your eyes. You’re not a Devil Seulgi you have emotions and I can feel it!"

 

 

"You're wrong I'm the Devil remember that." She continued to walk. "And remember this Irene if you don't want to burn in hell don't go near me."

 

 

To be continued.