The Devil

The Angel and The Devil

Irene

 

I'm Irene a second year college student. I'm currently taking a business course.I am the so called angel of our department due to my looks and my attitude towards other people. I am not that friendly person, I choose my friends because I don’t trust others easily. Despite the fact that I choose my friends if a person needs my help I won’t hesitate to help them. I can't help it, it's my upbringing.

 

The night before the University starts, I came back to my dorm and started to unpack my clothes and other essential things that I've pack from home. My door slammed open.

 

 

“hey Irene do you have class tomorrow morning?” This is Wendy my roommate and she’s one of my best friend.

 

“Yes why did you ask? Do you need anything?” Wendy isn't the type of person who ask my schedule if she doesn't need anything from me.

 

 

"Can you get my schedule from Jennie? I ask her to get it from Lisa." I'm correct she ask me for a favor. I know her too well that I can almost read her mind well we're friends since we're highschool.

 

 

"Alright I will get it. But why did Lisa borrowed your schedule?" Curiosity is creeping up to me as far as I know Lisa is taking a Culinary arts. Why does she borrowed Wendy's schedule.

 

 

"Oh I think I forget to tell you that Lisa and The Devil shifted to Business Management." As soon as I heard her saying "The Devil"  I got stunned.

 

 

"What did you just say? Can you repeat it again?" I tried to hide the shakiness of my voice but I guess I failed miserably.

 

 

"I said Lisa and The Devil change their program this incoming year. Oh and by the way she will be your block mate. I guess The Angel and The Devil are fated to meet." I swallowed to what I've heard.

 

 

"Ok."  Wendy came close to me and looked at me in the eyes. Her face that she's making right now has full of questions.

 

 

"You looked nervous when I said that she will be your classmate. Are you afraid of her?" I shook my head.

 

"Of course not! Why would I be afraid of her?"

 

"Yeah that's the truth. Oh well I will also need to unpack my things. Goodnight and don't forget to what I've asked you" Wendy then closed the door. I just let out a big sigh. Well I guess we are fated to meet.

 

 

After I finished fixing my things I already went to bed. But I no matter how hard I tried to sleep I just can't. I keep on thinking about what Wendy said earlier.

 

 

"Kang Seulgi The Devil." I blurted out the forbidden name. Kang Seulgi is the infamous Devil, due to her antiques. Rummors say that she's a play girl, she can sleep with anyone she wants even if it's a male or a female. Many relationships have ended because of her. They say that she’s really good in bed and said she’s like a walking sin. She’s so tempting as if you are seeing the devil.

 

 

Why am I worried about? Because I am not an angel I am a mere mortal who wants to sin with the devil. I am Eve and she’s the forbidden fruit. In short I Like Kang Seulgi, in my eye’s she’s not the devil, it doesn’t suit that angelic face of hers, besides it’s just rumors, Jennie always say that Seulgi is very different from what people say. But I can’t tell who’s telling the truth Jennie might be bias of Seulgi’s Personality, Seulgi is Lisa’s best friend. While the rumors are just word of mouth and nobody stepped out to deny or to confirm the truth. I guess I have to prove it by myself.

 

 

Seven in the morning and I am already headed to my room. I heard of people whispering about Seulgi. The news about Seulgi changing program is like a wildfire that spread quickly. Everybody has mixed feelings about it, some are afraid that they will be the next victim of the beautiful curse, and some are very excited to see her. Well I am at the neutral side of things, a part of me is afraid that I will give in with the sin and a part of me is excited to see her.

 

I entered the designated room for my first class.  I sat down at the very back of the room, I don’t like the attention if I sit at the front of the class. I wear my earphones to block out the noise that my classmates are making.

 

I noticed person wearing a black hoodie and jeans crying black backpack with a cute teddy bear keychain hanging on her zipper. She sat beside me, I didn’t bother to look at her face maybe she’s an irregular student, it’s very common for irregular students to sit at the back.

 

 

As soon as the professor entered the room I quickly removed my earphones. I already saw Jennie she’s a bit late as usual. I don’t know why but my professor told us to introduce our self. Boredom hits me I rest my chin ad look at the person sitting next to me, she’s still wearing the hood of her jacket. I can sense a very charismatic aura around her. She looks very familiar to me.

 

 

 

Now it’s my turn to introduce myself to the class. “I am Bae Joohyun but you can call me Irene I am 21 years old.” I smiled to my professor and sat down. I look at the person beside me I am very curious who she is.

 

 

“young lady please introduce yourself and can you please remove your hood, you know it’s a bit rood to wear that.”  My professor instructed her.

 

She stands and removed her hood. It feels like the time has slowed down a she is removing her hoodie. Her long black hair is slowly falling down. Her small beautiful eyes, her petite figure that anyone will go crazy for. I froze as soon as I realize who’s the person sitting beside me.

 

“Kang Seulgi also known as The devil”

 

 

To be continued