Falling In Love With The Devil

The Angel and The Devil

Irene’s POV

 

 

How I hate morning classes especially when I wake up five in the morning just to prepare for the day. Add to that, today is Monday. Almost every person I know hates Monday. Don’t get me wrong I am a model student but still my mind is on the weekends. How I wish something good happen.

 

“Irene!” a very sweet and bright voice called my name. I stopped and looked at the person who called my name. She jogs towards me, as soon as see arrives she gave me the sweetest smile that I’ve ever saw from my entire life. “good morning” Seulgi greeted to me. It’s like music to my ears how I wish to hear that every day for the rest of my life.

 

 

“Good morning to you to Seulgi. Your early today.” I complimented her for being early. For others you wouldn’t be complimented for being early but Seulgi is different.

 

"I just wake up early today and there's nothing to do at home. So I've decided to go to school early." We continued to walk.

 

"Oh I thought that I'm that good of an influence to you." I acted like I'm disappointed.

 

"Nah no one can change the devil even if you are the most beautiful Angel." She shrugs her arms out. I blushed a little bit on what she said. Seulgi really knows how to make my heart flatter.

 

"Hey don't say that you're not a Devil." She's not a Devil. If she's a devil, why she showed me different emotions last week.

 

" Mrs. Lee said that you don't know me and you don't know my stories. What if the stories are correct? What if I am really a bad person who plays with woman’s emotions just to get them and have with them." Yes, she's right I really don't know who she is and what really happened, but there's something wrong, I just can't get find it right now.

 

"Then I'll stick by your side." I don't know what gets into my mind but I wanted to say those words to her. "Who cares if that's true or not as long as I'm here I'll be the person who will believe that you’re a very different person from what they are saying." She looked at me with a bit shock on her face. I just give her a smile.

 

 

"Irene are you crazy?" She asked me. "Aren't you afraid that I'm just playing with you and manipulate you just to taste you in bed?'

 

"No." I simply answered to her.

 

"Why?"

 

"Simple why are you saying that things like you are warning me on what will happen to me. A predator never tells its prey that she's her target. That's why I'm not afraid of you. You've already told me what's your plan. So I have my guards up." But the truth is I'm worried as hell right now what if she tells is playing with my emotions.

 

"You're crazy Iren-" she was cut off when we entered our room. Every one os looking at as like we did something wrong. I looked around and I noticed that Mrs. Lee is already teaching. But their look is full of questions. I know that it's not why are we late but why are we together and conversing like we've known each other for quite a while.

 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Lee we're late." I bowed and Seulgi followed what I've did.

 

"No it's ok you’re not late. It just that I've come to the room too early. Please sit down." Seulgi and I sited on the vacant sit.

 

"So Good morning again class. Our lesson for today is love." Is it me or this class turned in to a relationship counseling. "You're curious on how love is connected to business course. Let me ask you how is it connected?"

 

The same boy who loves to ask question raised his hand. What is his name? Ahh who cares his just a side character. "Is it something about how you like your work?" He is answer is more like of a question of a typical student.

 

"What's your name again. I'm very sorry I'm just forgetful of names." Mrs Lee asked.

 

"You can just call me BM." I think Mrs. Sakura is thinking who the boy is.

 

"Ok BM you're correct. Besides that, it has something to do with office rules. Like you can't have a relationship between your coworkers, or you can’t have a relative who works at the same company. Do you guys know why?"

 

"To prevent some conflicts that may affect not just the performance of the employee but also the performance of the whole company. If the performance of a certain employee got low, it will have a domino effect to the company. It may look like a simple mistake right now but for the long run it may end up in to a bigger problem. That's what the company is avoiding." The class was stunned but not to that answer but to the person who answered the question.

 

"Oh very good Ms. Kang. You're not late and you're participating in class. I don't think that you've woke up at the right side of the bed instead I think that you've found your inspiration." We've earned a teasing look from our classmates. Seulgi just shrug it off.

 

"Ok I'm not going to tease you. She's right. Prevention is better than cure. There are cases that higher ups are getting entangled to their employee. I'm not generalizing all of them. But there's few cases that instead of promoting the right and more capable candidate, they are choosing their partner who will benefit the promotion even if they aren't capable. If that department under performance because of that promotion it may cause big problem to the company."

 

I'm predicting that BM will ask question in 3 2 1. "Ma'am those this topic will also include ual harassment and block mailing?" And I'm correct.

 

"No. But we will discuss it in the near future." Mrs. Sakura said.

 

The whole day went by so fast. Or classes are already finished and thank God that there are no homework’s. But I Will get bored at our apartment. I noticed that I am the only one who's left in the room.

 

"Hey" I got shocked when I heard a voice after I got out of our classroom.

 

"Don't scare me like that Seulgi. What is it."

 

"I just want to ask you if you want to watch a movie with me?" Is she asking me out on a date?

 

"Uhm ok we don't have any homework to do and I'm just going to lay in bed."

 

"Ok great"

 

We get into her car and she started to drive. Then it hits me so hard. "Wait where are we going to watch movie in a movie theater or in your house?" She gave me a frowning.

 

"I thought that you're not afraid of me?" She then laughed. "At theater of course. There's a special showing of an anime movie that I really want to watch." Oh she's into that stuff oh well it’s her treat so why would I reject it.

 

"What's the title of that movie?"

 

"A silent voice." I just hum in response.

 

She bought everything from tickets to snacks. To my surprise she held my hands as we enter the cinema. She didn't let it go until we find an empty seats. I didn't know what's happening the only thing I know is that I'm very happy right now.

 

The movie started. I didn't know that anime can be this deep and emotional. The sence to the sound track the story itself. I'm too into the movie that the whole time we are watching the movie Seulgi's hands are intertwined with mine. I looked at our hands then I looked at her face. I noticed that her cheeks are wet from tears. I slowly let go of her hands and she looked at me. I wiped her tears that are flowing down to her cheeks. After I did that I smiled at her and held her hands again.

 

Kang Seulgi I am falling in love with you.

 

To be continued.