MISSING

SINCE THERE IS YOU

Their way home isn’t as peaceful as they planned it to be. Yeji intentionally wanted to take the seat beside Seulgi and so Joohyun and Lia have no choice but to share the space behind the front seats. The two sharped eye sisters decided to keep quiet while their eyes are focused on the road enduring the never ending fight of Joohyun and Lia. They would fight with anything they could argue about. 

“I told you it is better with cream and brown.” Lia confidently said. “Darker and lighter color suits better for campings and extreme outdoor activities. I bet you don’t know that because you desire to stay in your home only.” 

“Look. It is not my fault if you have a bad taste in design and fashion.” Joohyun insulted her. 

“Geez this is really annoying. How come a two hour trip feels forever with you.” She rolled her eyes and gazed at the window. 

It wasn’t just the never ending fight of the back passengers that made the trip back home not so peaceful. They’re just an hour and half to the mansion when Seulgi noticed a motorcycle that has been sticking with them ever since that they left the camping site. Looking at the side mirrors, she confirmed that they’re being followed but what wonders her why do that person seemed so harmless? Maintaining its speed, no threat of gun shooting and it even maintain a safe distance from them. 

Changing the route, she grabbed her phone inside her pocket. She speed dialed Dahyun “yoboseyo Ms. Kim? Cargo (car) is needed. Head train (van) has unwanted attachment.” Dropping the call, she glanced at Yeji who looked so clueless with her words. 

“Why did we change our route?” Yeji asked her sister.

“We’re running out of gas.” Seulgi said and she stopped by the nearest gasoline station. As soon as she went off the van she found the motorcyclist covered with helmet. She parked her motorcycle from a distant and went straight to the restroom.

Yeji decided to hang out with Lia and Joohyun for a moment while Seulgi is busy filling the van. Her presence just made a temporary pause in their arguments and that made Joohyun breathe calmly. “Thank you for being a peacemaker.” Joohyun told Yeji. 

Dahyun suddenly appeared entering the van and taking the steering wheel. Looking around she realized that Seulgi isnt around. “Where’s Ms. Kang?”

Joohyun narrowed her eyes wondering why Dahyun is around looking for Seulgi. While Yeji and Lia swayed the curtains of the van to check out Seulgi but she’s not around. Worriedly, Joohyun stood up from her seat and attempted to get outside the van which made Dahyun blocked the door. “Ms. Bae, I need to get you into the mansion first.”

“What? No. Ms. Kim get out of the way. We cannot leave Ms. Kang here alone.” 

“Ms. Bae, she called me and ordered me to send you home.” Dahyun extended her arms to baby lock the doors. “We’re going home everyone. Yeji you must stay at the mansion first.” 

“Unnie, you cant just leave my sister behind.” Yeji said as if instructed Dahyun. 

“Listen here all of you.” Dahyun said in a firm tone. “If none of us in this van could make it alive then I failed my duty as a security guard.” She dropped her on the seat and drive the van back to the mansion without hearing anyone out. 

Washing her hands after she pretended she made a business inside the restroom’s cubicle. She faced the mirror and a woman went out the cubicle. Next to her she washed her hands and faced the mirror as well. Unexpected but she’s not surprised. “I didn’t know you’re a girl.” Turning off the faucet and shaking her hands to dry her hands. “Why were you following us?” 

The woman faced her and took a phone inside her coat’s pocket. Handing the phone to Seulgi as she directly looks into her eyes. Seulgi was hesitant to take it but she did. Pressing its screen it surprised her that she almost drop the phone to see a picture of Moonbyul badly hurt tied and blind folded. “They got her,” the woman finally spoke up.

“This woman is in my previous team in my previous job.” She breathes deeply. “What did you do to her?!” She outrageously asked.

“Don’t blame me into anything.” The woman said. “I was a replaced in your team after you decided to quit your job agent Kang. I am Agent Kim Jisoo from the underground sector or South Korea.” 

“Ehere is she? Is she still alive?”

“Agent Kang. We need you.” Jisoo informed her.

Giving back her phone, She planned to abandoned Jisoo as she grab the knob of the public restroom to go out. “Agent Kang. It’s only agent Moon who’s still alive in your previous team.” 

“Where are the others? What happened to them? Naeun and Amber where are they?” She asked as if she’s panicking. 

“We lost them.” Jisoo said with a heavy heart. 

Ever since Seulgi made it as a secret agent, she had her team members with her. Besides the people in the baby home ad Yeji they also became her family. It was a good decision that she asked Dahyun to take in charge since she has been hiding to Yeji her previous job. 

Using Jisoo’s motorcycle they made their way together at the headquarters. It hasn’t been so long since Seulgi left and she still knows where to find the place. Reaching Siwon’s office she opened the door and found Siwon totally drunk with still a glass of whiskey on his hand. His papers are scattered all over his office and his office totally stinks.

“Sir Choi, agent kang is here.” Jisoo informed him.

As soon as he heard his favorite agent’s name he raises his head and his eyes are drooping after having weeks of lost of sleep and he grew some pretty thick beard after he failed to manage to groom himself because of over stress. “Ms. Kang!” He almost teared up standing up from his desk and and attempt to hug her.

“Oh please stay where you are. I don’t plan to be in your arms.” Seulgi said stepping back from her former Boss. “What happened to my team?” Seulgi asked as she cant help but to feel emotional after realizing that the desks that can be seen from the glass walls of her Siwon’s office are now vacant. 

“Where are they?” Siwon asked her back and then made a sarcastic loud laugh. Shaking his head to come back to his senses he admitted. “I lost them.” He said and he went back to being dramatic again. Sobbing in tears. “I was so eager to finish this mission that I risked their lives.” He cried. “Ms. Kang…we really need you.” 

On the other hand three hours had passed and Seulgi is nowhere could be found. Yeji and Lia are spending their time at the lounge with Dahyun, while Joohyun already reported to the police but Seulgi cannot be declared missing if she hasn’t been gone for 24 hours. Frustrated, bothered and worried the boss couldn’t just tame herself. “Where could she be?” She asked herself. 

She tried so many times to buzz Seulgi or called her but she didn’t respond cause her phone was left inside her bag. She has no choice but to ask Dahyun everything and when she arrived at Joohyun’s bedroom the interrogation begins. “Ms. Kim don’t you feel any guilt right now? Your colleague must be in danger.”

“Once again I apologize Ms. Bae for deciding against your will. I have a feeling that Ms. Kang knew what’s going on.” Dahyun confessed. “I just don’t want Yeji to know cause she’s going to be really worried.”

“And how could you say so?”

“When she called me through the phone that you were being followed, I immediately went at the gasoline station thinking that you guys might be in trouble but you’re not.” Dahyun said. “It seemed like she disappeared intentionally.” Dahyun sighs. “I just don’t know if she went missing just to save you. Hopefully not.” 

“So she could possibly be in danger?” Joohyun worriedly asked. 

Since Seulgi declared to be part of the underground agency again, Siwon immediately called the new possible members of her new team. Occupying the meeting room, Seulgi chose to ignore the vibration of her pen from Joohyun. She kept her eyes on the screen and pay her full attention to Siwon discussing the mission that she failed to do.

“Agent Chaeyoung will be the main responsible for gadget and computer works. With your incredible background and expertise in this field I believe tough codes and hacking will be just too easy for you.” Siwon said. “Agent Somi will be the look out from heights to distant, make sure to keep your eyes on them and Agent Jisoo and Agent Kang will be on the field. Among the four of you the two of you should work as a team.”

“We will work as a team.” Seulgi said. “I’ll save Moonbyul and I’ll give justice to my former teammates.” 

Among anything else, Seulgi’s determination to keep Moonbyul alive is her only motivation to do the mission as soon as possible. After plotting their plans, the members took their stuffs with them and they all headed to the airport. Paving the way to the airport’s apron. They didn’t need passports and ticket to fly to Paris. 

Reaching the plane parking, their stair was pulled down and non of them doubted to get up and take the flight. Taking her seat Somi discussed “at 38,000 feet Agent Kang and Agent Jisoo will be jumping off the plane.” Somi said. “We will push through to a 9-11 hour travel so we could make it to the party.”

Chayeong immediately opened her laptop, wear her eyeglasses and made some random typing. “I’m already trying to code some program so we could have access to their local internet connection.”

“Agent Jisoo, I know its too early to ask you a favor but if there will be a time that you have to choose between me and Moonbyul, please save her.” Seulgi said.

Jisoo looked away from the senior secret agent. “We will all make it out alive.” She confidently said. 

To break the emotional and dramatic scene from the two agents, Somi handed them a pair of earpiece. “Right earpiece is to communicate with us and the left earpiece is for translation. Tap once if you wanted to translate your words then tap twice if you’re talking to has to speak.” She informed them. “Please don’t be too obvious if possible.”

On the other hand, Joohyun was out in her room’s balcony as she stares at the night sky. “Ms. Kang wherever you are I hope you are safe.” She said to her mind. When she was about to enter her room, her eyes met Yeji who’s sitting at the bench at the mansion’s garden. 

Taking two hot cup of tea with her she offered the other one to Yeji before she decided to sit beside her. Somehow her presence just made her less miss her bodyguard. She looks like a baby version of Seulgi. “Why are you here? Arent you sleepy yet?”

I’m worried Joohyun unnie.” Yeji said as she sighs. “You know… I am just a year away before my graduation and once I got my job I’ll be working so hard so Seulgi unnie doesn’t have to work anymore.”

“I’m sure she’s safe.” Joohyun said. “Maybe she just need to do some very urgent errand that informing us might be difficult as of the moment.”

Yeji nods. “I have faith in her. I know she’s just out there somewhere having some can of beer.” 

“Can of beer?”

Yeji giggles. “That’s what she do when she’s over stressed.” 

“Well I hope if you don’t mind if I keep her inside the lounge for a week for ditching us for a can of beer.” Joohyun joked. “Let’s put her into grounded.”

“Well that’s a good punishment for a non compliant bodyguard.” 

Yeji and Joohyun exchange laughs as the night goes by. The younger lady see her far from the first time she met her. She’s totally different way back then. If she were to go back from the first day that they met, she wouldn’t have even a slight good impression of Joohyun.

Since the two are getting along and are being comfortable each other, it is obvious that Yeji became more expressive with her personal feelings and that made Joohyun cross the boundaries and that is to ask more personal question to Yeji. “Uhmmm if you don’t me mind asking.. when did you found out that you like girls?” Joohyun said as she took a little sip in her cup. 

“Well I actually don’t know until I met Lia. We were best friends at first then the next thing we knew we are falling for each other.” Yeji honestly confessed. “Or maybe my unnie is really my idol. I grew up watching her going out with women.”

Joohyun isnt that disappointed with what she heard but she hated that Yeji used the term women. “So that means she already dated a lot of girls before Joy?” She hid her frown.

Yeji nods. “Ever since my sister became a lady. She has been very expressive with her dating life. I guess she did that so she don’t have to explain anymore.” 

“Since Ms. Kang dated lots of women before, may I know why her relationship didn’t last?” Joohyun asked curiously. 

“I am not going to defend her because she’s my sister but besides that we’re an orphan, none of her past relationships are brave enough to take their relationship to the next level.” Yeji sighs and look at Joohyun. “You know.. getting engage, marriage, settling down nor even introduce her to their families.” Yeji look at her cup of tea. “Other than that I don’t see any reason why her relationship failed to last.” 

Joohyun suddenly became quiet. After hearing those from Yeji, she recalled Seulgi’s remarks with Joy. She really have a good heart and she deserves to be loved. “Your sister is not a bad person. Its her ex girlfriends lost not her.”

“That’s true.” Yeji agreed with her. “My sister deserves to be happy.” 

“If it isn’t too much to ask. What are her ex girlfriends profession?” Joohyun asked without realizing that as their conversation goes by the topic became Seulgi’s personal life. She was unaware that she’s making it too obvious that she’s interested with her bodyguard’s life.

“There is a lawyer, Sunmi unnie. My high school

 teacher Yerin, A detective Yuju and…”

“Stop.” Joohyun said out of nowhere. She couldn’t endure to hear more beautiful names and admiring profession of Seulgi’s past lovers. “Your sister is a real player isn’t she?”

“Come on unnie… she didn’t cheat on them. It just ended in the way they don’t want it to be.” Yeji defended her sister.

“So… Joy is her only ex girlfriend without an impressive background.” Joohyun said. “Anyway, I’ll be heading upstairs now and please stay here until Ms. Kang is not yet around, I have to keep you safe or else my sister will kill me.” 

The two wish each other good night and went back to their respective bedrooms but Joohyun seemed to be bothered all night. Thinking that if Joy is one of Seulgi’s ex lovers she is the lowest form among the kind of the bodyguard’s girls and she don’t want to be in her level. “Fine, Bae Joohyun you will be going back to work by tomorrow.” She told herself in the front of the mirror.

——

A couple of week has passed. While Seulgi has been declared missing in South Korea, she is currently busy plotting plans, analyzing maps, alternate routes, observing suspects from afar and anything that she could think to save Moonbyul for the former head agent her mission is a fail if she failed to bring Moonbyul back with her. 

Standing at the heightened balcony of their hotel room, Seulgi decided to unwind for a while. Allowing the wind to pass by her face as her long and smooth hair waves along. She was good at handling stress and difficult mission but now that her friend like family is in danger it made her nervous everyday. 

“Agent Kang, maintenance services is currently needed at the hotel where the targets are.” Somi rushed to inform her. 

Seulgi doesn’t want to waste any time. She immediately grabbed her leather jacket and gave her team mates orders. “Agent Chaeyong keep track and monitor each target’s movement at the hotel. Agent Somi, stand by the way of the maintenance service and Agent Jisoo we’ll be making our way to the hotel, the uniforms are already in the trunk of the car.”

Reaching the parking lot of the luxury hotel in Paris, Seulgi and Jisoo went out of a maintenance service car wearing their uniforms. Pulling out some toolbox with small weapons and laptop. Double checking earpiece and eyeglasses as scanners. 

Ignoring the signage for authorized employees, Jisoo pulled the doors and they went inside. Heading to the hallway that they managed to analyze the routes, they headed to a hidden floors. Apparently the hotel isnt just for politicians, royal families, celebrities and influencers. It also welcomes high end criminals and serves as a place for their hidden transactions.

The two agents are on their way to the stairs to the hidden elevator when a person called them. [speaks french] “excuse me. The broken system is right here.” He said as he points towards the opposite direction of the elevator. 

Luckily the techy genius is right just in the earpiece. “Listen carefully to my instructions or else you’ll gonna look like a real fake maintenance service.” Chaeyeong said

“Our signal and internet connection seemed to be faulty for the past two weeks.” The man complained and with Seulgi’s natural narrow sharp eyes it shows from his nametag that he is a manager in the hotel. “You see, this hotel is not a usual hotel. It’s a little bit embarrassing to our important guest that our connection is fsulty.” He laughed. “I hope you coild unserstand what I am saying.” He laughed mocking their eyes. “You girls wre cute chinese.”

“He’s chatty.” Chaeyeong complain.

“This is the first time I wasn’t amazed with my own invention.” Somi said.

Seulgi sighs as she puts down the tools that she is holding. Looking around the corners, the hidden way has no cameras. “The lasst time someone called me Chinese, I knocked the heal out of their face.” Seulgi said in english. Giving her a threatening look. 

“Well I have to admit. Chinese are really smart. Smarter than europeans.” He joked once again.

Seulgi folded her fingers and clench her fist. She breathes deeply and after Jisoo made a fast blink, she already punched the manager directly to his face causing him to be unconscious and his nose to bleed. “That was not part of the plan.” Jisoo said.

“He’s a racist and he’s lucky enough that I was till able to hold myself.” Seulgi said opening her tool box, pulling out some contact lenses placed it to the unconscious manager’s eyes. 

“Keep calm agent kang.” Somi said. “Tell me what’s happening.” 

“Currently gathering some sensory data from the manager. Just in case codes doesn’t work.” 

“Ouch?” Chaeyeong said.

“No means to offend.” Seulgi said and pulling out the contact lenses from his eyes and placing one in hers and the others to Jisoo. “Remember that you can always ditched the plan if there is a better plan.” Attaching an absorbent sheet on the manager’s palm they were able to copy the finger print. Placing her black cap back and leaded the way to the stairs down to the elevator.

Seulgi wont be the top agent if she doesn’t have a great instinct. Reaching the elevator doors, no numbers to be pressed to its doors but a scanner and Jisoo was able to get what she meant about “just in case the codes don’t work.”

Placing her palm on the scanner, the elevator doors opened for the two agent. “Now what?” Jisoo asked. 

It didn’t take them so long to find the floor where the on going party is. Usually drug dealers held their transaction at parties so they could see the effectiveness of the prohibited drugs. Unfortunately the place is so loud and crowded that the two failed to reach the other agents. “We can’t separate as of the moment.” Seulgi informed Jisoo.

“We didn’t ask for maintenance.” A tall black security guard blocked their way to the entrance. 

“We’re sorry, we were asked by the manager to go up here to check the server.” Seulgi confidently reasoned out. “If it wasn’t for his orders how did we made our way here?” 

Somehow she has a point, unaware that they left the manager down there unconscious the guard escorted them to a secured room where the server is. “Make it fast we don’t entertain uninvited guest here.” They were informed. 

Seulgi opened her toolbox and pulled out a screw driver from it and in just a second she was able to pull the handle and pierced the syringe on the guard’s neck causing him to lose his consciousness. “Daebak.” Jisoo said. 

“Don’t be just an assistant there.” Seulgi told her throwing her the screw driver. “Agent Chaeyeong track us.” She ordered through her earpiece. “I’ll be going out to look for the target. No matter what happens do not go out from here even if you finished to connect the server to ours.” Seulgi firmly said.

“Ne Agent Kang.” Jisoo said.

“French target Fabien just entered the main lobby.” Somi informed them through her earpiece.

“You’re at the main lobby?” Seulgi asked her as she keep her eyes busy around the crowded and loud place. 

“Yes, I’m one of the new receptionist here in this hotel” She proudly said as she was able to redirect the real service maintenance at a locked control room and have herself a uniform that she took from an employee she locked up in a restroom.

“Keep your track agent somi. Make sure to gather his room number where he will be checking in.” Seulgi told her. While critically observing the place, Seulgi noticed a familiar man that is distant from her. Struggling to fit herself in between the wild dancing party goers she made her best to get a better view of him and she was right. It is Joohyun’s husband. Suho.

“Isn’t he supposed to be in Hongkong?” Seulgi asked herself as she narrows her eyes. Keeping an unnoticed distant she blended herself in the crowd as she observes Suho enjoying his glass of rum at the bar. After gulping his second glass, he decided to stand up and made his way out of the area.

He headed to a door which is barely noticed. Placing his thumb on its scanner he was able to get inside the door as it automatically unlocks for him. Seulgi followed as soon as he gets inside but the sensory input from the manager isnt working to the door. “Agent Chaeyeong, I need you to unlock this door for me.” She ordered.

“Well if only Agent Jisoo could work faster I can unlock the locked doors through my codes but she’s having difficulty to let me in the servers.” Chaeyeong reasoned out.

“I’m working on it Agent Kang.” Jisoo embarrassedly said. “Just wait a little bit longer.”

Somi maintained a comfortable smile at the front desk as she wished the guests of a good stay in the hotel. “Why are we unlocking doors? Our target is at room 20002 at the 20th floor.” She said through her earpiece.

“Now that the target settled his room it is easy to keep track on his movements. I need to find Moonbyul no matter what happens.” Seulgi said and the door clicks and now is unlocked. “Good job Agents. I’m heading to a hidden way.”

“Good job? I did it?” Jisoo asked them.

“Yes you did but next time be fast.” Chaeyeong said.

Seulgi wouldn’t want to recognized by Suho. He was the one who hired her to be his wife’s bodyguard then most likely he will be able to recognize him with just one glance. Pulling out a handkerchief from her pocket she covered her nose and mouth tying the ends at the back of her head as she walks slowly to the unknown hallway. 

Apparently it has no complex pathway. Just a straight way to a silver leathered steel doors, placing her hand at the handle of her gun that is stick around her waist, she opened the doors slowly and realized it is an open wide lounge. There are also lots of people but not as crowded as the people outside that hidden lounge.

Covering her face is quite a good idea since the smell of is no joke. She could tell that it wasn’t just a regular cigarette. Walking slowly as the people are increasing, she decided to remove her mask and cap so no one would speculate against her. The use of heroin, sniffing drugs, syringe drugs and inhaling drugs are just around the corner. 

She entered a sliding glass door where Suho is and with her surprise, Sungjae is also around. She managed to take the sit behind them. She has a great feeling that they know where Moonbyul is but more than that she is hoping that Suho isnt doing something that will hurt Joohyun. 

“We have to get rid of the Korean woman. She already know a lot.” Suho said worriedly. 

Sungjae lit a and the hell out of it. Blowing the smoke away to Suho. “We can’t we have to track where she is from cause most likely she already gave information about us.” Tapping the tip of his . “We also have to get rid of where she is coming from. We can’t bear anyone to speculate us nor have any evidences against us.”

Suho sighs. “That’s it.” Suho nods as if he decided into something. “If we cant get rid of her, let’s just get rid of Joohyun. Once we got her shares we will be freely ship all of these without difficulty.” 

“If there was just no prenuptial agreement. We will be able to do it freely and she doesn’t have to die.” 

“That’s the fastest way I could marry her.” Suho said as he share laughter with Sungjae.