GROWING FEELINGS?

SINCE THERE IS YOU

The next morning, Joohyun was woke up by a slight taps from Suho. Stretching out her arms and enduring the headache she managed to slowly open her eyes and got herself detached from her bed. “Where were you last night?” Joohyun asked as she recall seeing Suho’s car at the frontgates before she went inside their mansion but when she got in their bedroom he realized that he’s not around. 

“I was in the company.” He smiled after he took a sip of his coffee. “Overtime.” He added.

“But your car was here last night. I’m sure of that.”

“Well, I asked the driver to make his way home and just fetch me before 6.”

Joohyun nods and was well convinced. Joohyun ins’t the type of wife who would like to get into details. She never asked Suho further questions nor gets curious with everything that he has been doing for the rest of the day. 

Joohyun is in the midst of her relaxation state while soaking her self in her bath tub filled with warm water and aromatic scent from fresh grinned flowers picked from their garden. Half asleep, her headache starts to subside. Until a vision of Seulgi popped out in her mind. They were so close and it made her heart beats faster.

“Joohyun…” Suho tapped her once again to wake her up.

She almost lost her senses that she reflexively get startled causing the water from the tub to spill all over the floor. Rinsing her eyes, she noticed that it was Suho again. “What is it?” She asked annoyingly.

“Pardon me for interrupting your bath. I would like to inform you to get ready. We will be having brunch with Sungjae’s family.” Suho said. 

She rolled her eyes and was annoyed more. “I already endured seeing Joy last night and I have to see her again today?” She sighs. “Could you just give me a break?” She gestured Suho to hand her towel which he politely did. 

“Why don’t you guys just get along and forget everything about the past?” Suho suggest. “Its been a year anyway.” 

“Oh please. I was in the midst of life and death.” Joohyun said. “And I should be dead by now.” She claimed.

“But you’re not.” He responded. Assisting her to wear her robe, Suho left their bedroom and informed her wife that he will be meeting her downstairs. 

With a heavy heart, Joohyun dressed up and decided to come with her husband. ever since they got married she always wanted the image of a supportive wife. She always wanted to portray how perfect their marriage is and most people admire them a lot.

Paving the way to the front mansion, their vehicles are already parked waiting only for Joohyun. As soon as she found Seulgi opening the back door for her, she cant help but to ignore her eyes. Suddenly she blushed and becomes dry. She’s certain that she’s alright but suddenly with her female bodyguard’s presence she felt uncomfortable.

“You’re ok?” Suho asked checking on her face. 

Joohyun just nods and gave him a smile so he won’t be bothered on how she looks. Their trip to Sungjae’s home was really quiet. Seulgi is focused on the road and wheels, Dahyun is chillig half asleep in the front seat, Joohyun is busy looking at the window while Suho is busy on his phone. 

“You have arrived on your destination.” The GPS informed them. 

Seulgi parked the car on the open space of the house and was informed by Dahyun that they’re at the balcony of the house. Making her way to the balcony, she suddenly stopped after seeing Joy at the glass walls inside the house. T was a relief somehow for Seulgi to see that she’s fine after staying awake all night getting worried about her. 

The long table was set up at the balcony of Sungjae’s mansion. Salad, fresh fruits, grilled steak, vegetables and unrecognizable side dish is organized on the table. Sungjae and Suho greet each other with a hug while Joy and Joohyun didn’t failed to exchange and intense gaze to each other. No matter how elegant and well fixed the food was prepared the two ladies lost their appetite as soon as they see each other, but the feeling is mutual anyway. They both showed up due to their husband’s request.

Finally, Seulgi had the courage to take the last step on the stairs to the balcony and as she enters, Joy’s eyes suddenly shifted to her. As if she’s the one her eyeballs are yearning for. Seulgi couldn’t endure the view of Joy and her husband. Pretending to be strong and to ensure not to express the pain, she pulled out her sun glasses and wear it as she stands in line where the bodyguards are.

“You alright? What took you so long?” Dahyun murmured.

“Miane… the area is too big that I couldn’t find where the parking area is.” She alibi and exhales deeply.

“Your breathing is too heavy.” Dahyun said. “Are you stressed?”

“No.. are you?”

“Ne.” Dahyun admit. “To tell you honestly I am dying to endure the awkward silence on our way here. They don’t feel like a couple at all. How come they do not talk to each other?” 

“Are we really going to include that in our problem?” Seulgi asked.

“Well..” Dahyun was suddenly interrupted when Seulgi suddenly walked out from where they were standing. Joohyun stood up from her seat to take the restroom and she automatically followed. 

Joy didn’t like it. While Suho and Sungjae are busy having conversation, she took the chance to ditch her seat and walk to the restroom where she found Joohyun coming out from the restroom and Seulgi standing outside to wait for her.

“Jinja, Joohyun-a?” Joy made a sarcastic laugh. “Your male bodyguards couldn’t even protect you and you hired yourself a female one?” She tried to insult her but she’s really worried that Seulgi’s life might be put into danger.

It pissed Joohyun off. It wasn’t the way she wanted to be seen by Joy, “well yes.” She said. “I can’t do anything if I am to expensive enough to keep myself out of danger. People just envy to be me and that includes you.”

Seulgi pretends that she didn’t hear anything and tries to ignore every insulting words that came out from their mouth but there’s one thing is for sure. If this turned into physical fight she has to drag Joohyun back to the wide balcony.

“Oh my.” Joy said. “To tell you honestly I pray to Gods in heaven everyday thanking them that I am me.” She added.

“You know what? Why dint you just get lost?” Joohyun said. “I’m done doing my business in your restroom that’s smaller than our storage room.” Joohyun ended everything with a forced a smile and walked away. 

Seulgi was about to follow but Joy held her arm tight. “Quit this job now.” She told her as they kept their gaze away from each other’s faces.

Holding on Joy’s wrist, she pulled it out from her arm. She nods. “I know.”  And walked away.

Joy was able to block her way to prevent her from going back at the balcony. “You don’t understand. You could be killed if you stick around her.” 

Seulgi escaped a deep exhales and managed to slightly dodged Joy. Joy just hate the fact that even if Seulgi’s being paid with what she’s doing, she’s willing to risk her life to someone and what’s worse is, it’s Joohyun out of all the girls in the world.

Joohyun faked a smile as she and her husband were wished good bye by Joy and Sungjae. Their maid even handed them some home made food which Suho politely took. While waiting in front of the house, Suho’s car suddenly arrived. “I’ll be making my way to the company. Take a rest at home first.” Suho told her.

“Chamkaman..” Joohyun said as she was left with Dahyun alone waiting while carrying the food from her mortal enemy’s house. 

After half an hour, Seulgi finally arrived. Dahyun managed ti open the door for her and she sulking went inside. “I apologize that it took me for so long to find the front area of this mansion, its quite big.” Seulgi said.

Joohyun just nods. “Can you stop over at this place?” Joohyun said as she transmit the location from her phone to the vehicle. Its not that she didn’t like the dish that was prepared for them, its just that sharing the table with Joy is really unappetizing for her. 

Reaching their destination, Joohyun went inside the private room which was automatically reserved for her and after making sure that she made it there, Seulgi went back to the parking lot where Dahyun is waiting.

“Dahyunie, can you go to the nearest automotive shop around here?” Seulgi asked. “the reason why I was late was because I noticed the the break cables for the break are broken. I just tried to fixed it temporarily and I’m not confident that we will be able to go home safely with this.” 

“What? Alright, i’ll look for someone who could check on it.” Dahyun said.

Its been a while since Joohyun went out and eating alone isn’t really her thing specially outside her house. She beeped Seulgi and with less than a minute she arrived. “Is there something wrong Ms. Bae?”

“Take a sit and join me.” Joohyun said as she placed a plate on the space opposite to her. “Where Ms. Kim?”

“Oh she went somewhere for a walk.” Seulgi said. “I apologize Ms. Bae but I don’t think I should…”

Joohyun immediately interrupt her. “Sit down. While I am being nice.” She ordered firmly. “Just take this as an apology for Sungjae’s wife insulting words.”

Seulgi just nods and obeyed. Taking the wooden chopstick, she remained silent and quiet. She never wanted to talk about Joy. 

“I’ll apologize in advance. We we’ll be always seeing her around since his husband and mine are business partners.” Joohyun informed her. “You just have to endure her presence as if its not suffocatin.” She added. “She’s really mean and was born to have offensive mouth.” Joohyun told her. “And she…”

“I know.” Seulgi said as she munches her food interrupting her boss from speaking.

“What?” Joohyun heard it clearly but she didn’t comprehend it well since there’s no reason for her to know at all.

Swallowing the sashimi she just placed inside with gulping some japanese tea. “I know, that she’s stubborn, she loves victim blaming even if its her fault, she’s selfish and wouldn’t mind if she hurts someone as long as she’s happy.”

“Right! She’s really like that!” Joohyun agreed after hearing those satisfying words from her personal bodyguard.

“She would think any material will replace her sins and will cure the pain that she caused.” Seulgi said. 

“That’s true! How could someone live like that?” Joohyun said. 

“She decides poorly and relies everything to her parents. As if she’s a six year old kid.” Seulgi added as she gulped another cup of tea.

Joohyun nods as she totally agrees. Until the room went silent. Joohyun’s eyes suddenly met Seulgi’s face. Her eyes are teary as she wipes it with napkin. “So… how did you know all of that? Are you good in guessing people’s personality by just looking at them?” She asked curiously.

Seulgi shakes her head. “She’s my ex girlfriend Ms. Bae.” Seulgi confessed.

Joohyun eyes widened from what she learned. She just couldn’t believe it or she doesn’t want to believe it at all. Thinking would that be the reason why would Joy follow her in the restroom when the truth is she’s just after Seulgi. She almost choked with the piece of sushi in and Seulgi managed to pour a tea on her cup and hand her some napkin as she coughs.

Escaping a deep exhales and after few deep breathings, Joohyun finally found the words to ask Seulgi. “Come again?”

“Ms. Bae, you what you heard isn’t wrong. Joy and I are past lovers.” She admits.

Joohyun eyes widened as she had some flashback of their intimate physical contact last night at the club. “So you’re into girls Ms. Kang?” Joohyun calmly asked even if she’s panicking inside.

“Yes I am a lesbian Ms. Bae.” Seulgi confidently affirmed.

“You did everything last night on purpose.” Joohyun accused her. “You wrapped your arms around me and pulled me closer to you!” She exclaimed. Finally.

Seulgi calmly breathes. “Ms. Bae, I did that to protect you. You are being followed while you paved the way to the restroom. I am certain of that and I wasn’t wrong. The man is carrying firearms.” 

“No! I felt abused.” 

“Abused?” Seulgi asked her. “Just because I am a lesbian? Ms. Bae I have my standards.”

Joohyun made a fake laugh but her remark was quite offensive. How could she imagine Joy’s ex girlfriend thinking she is better than her. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me Ms. Bae.” Seulgi said as she placed the chopsticks beside her plate. “What I did last night was nothing but purely a tactic to protect you. Keep in mind that you are paying me to keep you alive and to keep you out of danger.” 

“Yah! Don’t you know a lot of people from college would admire me more than Joy?” Joohyun informed her even if she doesn’t have to. “She just regained a lot of popularity when she joined Ms. Korea.” She annoyingly said.

Seulgi just nods. “Miane Ms. Bae but I hope no matter what I do please always remember that I am doing it for work and nothing beyond that.”

“Ah ne, tsh.” She rolled her eyes. “Keep in mind too that you don’t have to clarify that because I am not interested into girls.”

“Is that the reason why you were able to remember everything in detailed last night? And it seemed bothering you.” Seulgi confidently said. “Yah Ms. Kang! I am already married.”

“And so is Joy.” Seulgi stood up from her seat and bowed at her. “Thank you for the meal Ms. Bae, i’ll wait for you outside.”

Joohyun’s car was fixed and Seulgi was right. The cables for break are damaged. They made their way back to the mansion and Joohyun’s eyebrows are about to meet. What Seulgi revealed just totally shocked her but what she hated the most was she said some words that would totally offend her.

Joohyun reached her bedroom and toss her bag on her bed. Grumping and smacking the bed out of frustration. She doesn’t understand if she’s annoyed that she saw Joy today or she was annoyed by Seulgi’s remarks. She stood up from her bed and looked at the mirror, checked herself. “I am still way too prettier than her.” She said as she forced a smile. She turned her back and folded her arms. “How could Ms. Kang say that? Tsh how could someone with a large pores offend me.”

Standing on her balcony, she appreciated the fresh air and the scent of the fresh flowers coming from the garden. Somehow it subsides her stress until she slowly opened her eyes and saw her bodyguard wearing a black leggings and black fit sleeveless as her active wear while she jogs.

Its still early when they come back to the mansion and Seulgi isnt a couch potato who would wanted to stay all day long on the bed. As much as possible she want her day to be productive and since she has nothing to do for the rest of the day she decided to jog around the garden to kill some time.

“Mind if I join?” Joohyun suddenly appeared beside her wearing a sports bra, flaunting her toned and slender body with the help of the fit tights that made her comfortable to workout.

“Sure Ms. Bae, if you can’t keep up. You can rest anytime.” Seulgi told her nicely.

But that sounds more offending to Joohyun. She remained quiet and badly wanted to prove to her body guard that she’s not just a beauty but physically y and fit as well. She managed to keep up with Seulgi as they jog and as the time passes by, she realized that she enjoys her presence and company even if they’re not talking at all.
Until Seulgi suddenly stopped. “What? Can’t run anymore?” Joohyun sarcastically asked. “If you wished to take a rest you can rest anytime.” 

“Your shoes is untied.” Seulgi said as she kneels to fix it.

“No its not.” Joohyun said as she clearly see that she’s wearing a shoes without a shoelace.

BANG! It made Joohyun startled that she squeal. A man fell from a tree in their garden and that made Joohyun freaked out. Seulgi managed to shoot him, She could still feel presence of trespassers so she pulled Joohyun and pushed her inside a stockroom and locked her there. “Yah Ms. Kang its dark in here!” She complained.

Seulgi ignored her and left her inside the dark stock room. Worried, panicking and scared Joohyun put her hands together and pray that she could make it out alive and Seulgi as well. The doors of the stockroom suddenly opened but she didn’t immediately showed up. She hide herself in the dark covering her ears. “Jaebal I still want to live.” She said between her sniffs.

Her arm was grabbed which made her almost shout. Until she realized it’s Seulgi. Her hair is completely untied and it flaunts perfectly down on her chest. “Kwenchana?” She asked.

“Ms. Kang.” She suddenly burst out crying and she embraced Seulgi tight. She’s terrified and panicking that her lower lips is shaking. 

“Everything’s fine now.” Seulgi said.

But Joohyun doesn’t want to let go. It seemed like despite the assurance her bodyguard gave her, she wanted to keep her around to keep her safe. As if she’s not aware what may come outside the stockroom. Crying silently she let all her tears escape her eyes. 

“Ms. Bae?” Seulgi asked.

“Ne?” She said as she sniffs.

“I can’t breathe anymore.” Seulgi said.

And that’s when Joohyun realized that she’s embracing her too much, she’s still worried and wanted to keep her wrapped around her arms but she managed to detach herself from her. “Omo! You’re bleeding!” Joohyun said as she saw a blood stain on her sports bra. 

“Just a little slash of a knife.” Seulgi said. “Let’s go back inside now.”

Joohyun almost jumped to Seulgi after finidng 5 strangers, struggling to get up from the ground. Unfortunately, its their unluckiest day to meet a former secret agent and now they’re enduring the pain of some broken bone in their bodies.

“Ms. Bae! You’re bleeding!” Taeyeon freaked out as soon as she found the blood stains in Joohyun’s sports bra.

“No, i’m fine aunt Taeyeon.” Joohyun assured her. 

“Joohyun what happened?” Suho asked worriedly assisting her to sit down. “Bring Ms. Kang in the clinic.” She ordered Taeyeon. 

But Seulgi saw how worried Taeyeon is to see Joohyun in that state. “I can go on my own.” Seulgi said and smiled to everyone as she turned her back and walk through the exit of the mansion.

“Are you sue you’re not hurt?” Taeyeon kneeled on the floor to check her whole body.

“I’m fine.” Joohyun said. “Can I have some water please?”

“Of course.”

“What the hell were you thinking Joohyun?” Suho suddenly said out of nowhere. “Since when did you do jogging outside the mansion? We have our gym with complete equipments here.”

“Miane, I just thought I should do something to keep myself busy.” She reasoned out. Where in fact if she will dig in the reason, she went out for a jog just to have some time with Seulgi. To prove her that she’s attractive and better than Joy but of course that is something she shouldn’t confess to her husband. “I thought I was safe since I am with my bodyguard.” 

“You’re lucky that your bodyguard joined you for a jog.” Suho told her. “Let’s go in the bedroom and take some rest.”

After taking a bath and drying her hair, Joohyun wrapped herself with her thick blankets trying her best to take a rest but she can’t. She couldn’t sleep at all. It’s not because the trespassers or any danger hunts her. It is Seulgi. How her garment was slashed deeply exposing her wounded skin made her more worried and difficult to sleep.

Kicking her blankets away from her, she left her snoring husband on their bed which she didn’t even take a chance to glance before she leaves their bedroom. She went straight to the kitchen and pulled a tumbler. She boiled some water and soaked a fruit tea in it. 

Her feet paved the way at the foot of the mansion. Passing through their garage where at least 20 cars are parked. She held the hinge knob 20 steps away from it. It’s the bodyguard’s lounge. It wasn’t locked and she was able to get inside.

She found Seulgi struggling to clean her stitched wound. Biting the bottom of her shirt to keep the area expose as she look at it on the mirror. “Do you need some help?” Joohyun asked. 

“Ms. Bae.” Seulgi bowed. “Arent you supposed to be sleeping now?”

Joohyun placed the tumbler of tea on the center table. “Sit here. I’ll clean that for you.” Joohyun politely said as she ordered her to sit on the couch.

“Ok… Thank you.” Seulgi said and drop her on the couch. 

Joohyun kneeled on the floor and took the tweezer. She soaked the cotton into the cleaning solution and asked Seulgi to hold her shirt up. “Omo.. I didn’t expect that its this long.” 

“I also didn’t expect that you have a private clinic and nurse here in your mansion.” Seulgi said.

Joohyun suddenly felt bad. From the beginning she has been rude to Seulgi but now that realizing that Seulgi is willing to get hurt just for her to get protected she can’t help but to feel guilty. “You need to lean more so I could clean the whole length of this.”

“Ok.” Seulgi pulled a hinge beside the couch and the back rest moved downward making her body lean backward and of course making her abs flaunt more. 

Joohyun managed to ignore it, convincing her a thousand of times that she’s here to help her clean her wound and not to watch her well toned body like a movie. She managed to place the gauze and tape perfectly after cleansing it. 

“Gumawo.” Seulgi said and found the tumbler on the center table. “Is this for me?” 

Joohyun was still carried away with their close contact, she couldn’t understand why she felt uneasy suddenly if her only intention was to clean her wound. When she realized that Seulgi is drinking from the tumbler. “Yah that’s mine!” Joohyun lied. “Aish you drink on it already, go and finish it.” Joohyun said but she’s glad that she did.

Seulgi nods. “Kamsamnida.” She said after gulping the last drop of the tea. “This is delicious.” Seulgi said.

“You don’t have it here?” Joohyun asked as she watch her comfortably drinking.

“No, just some instant coffee and french press but that will do. Don’t worry.” Seulgi assured her. “Anyway what brought you here? Arent you afraid to roam around the mansion knowing that trespassers could get inside easily?” 

“Well” she coughs thinking an alibi. “I was out to get some rose petals to put it in my drink that you took without permission.”

“Miane. I thought you brought this for me.”

“Tsh why would I?” She rolled her eyes. 
“Anyway, could you send me to my sister’s apartment tomorrow?” Joohyun asked.

“Of course.” 

“Are you sure you can drive?” 

“Ms. Bae, this is just a wound.” Seulgi bragly said.

Joohyun nods and poked Seulgi’s wound. “Jinja?”

“That hurts.” 

“Let’s stay out from danger for the mean time. I can see that you ave a great sense in smelling danger but if you for the next following month, let’s run away from it.” Joohyun asked.