THOUGHTS

SINCE THERE IS YOU

 

It has always been a routine at the baby house to wake up before the sun rises. Apparently its grocery time and Seulgi volunteered to go to the market instead. “Please buy me banana milk Noona.” Chenle said.

“I want orange juice.” Jeno said.

“Choclate milk juseyo.” Mark added.

Joohyun just find the kids too cute for requesting so much. They’re innocent and badly wanted the foods that they request. Joohyun promised to the kids that she will come back with their request and she followed Seulgi inside her vehicle.

At the grocery store, Seulgi managed to place everything the baby house need and when they’re lining up in the cashier, Joohyun placed a box of banana milk, chocolate milk and orange juice inside the grocery cart. She even tipped the staff who helped her to place it.

“Excuse me, Ms. Bae what are those?” Seulgi asked.

“These are for the kids. I promised that I’ll be bringing them their request once wee come back.” She said as she count the pieces inside the box. “This is not enough for the week.” She said.

But before she could ask a staff to get more boxes of drinks for her, she was stopped by Seulgi. “Ms. Bae, you have to understand that not all children were raised with silver spoon like you. We have to keep our $100 budget.” She said as she show her the money that Sunmi gave her. “Besides it will help those kids to work hard for something that they want went they grow up.”

“Stop lecturing me with your drama.” Joohyun said as she swayed Seulgi away in front of her. “Keep your money with you. I’ll be using my card to buy all the things that we bought.” 

“You don’t really get it do you?” Seulgi said. She knew that Joohyun is just being nice towards the kids but she just think giving too much to them isnt her responsibility at all specially they do not have more than boss and bodyguard relationship.

The two left the grocery store and Joohyun won. They were assisted to place everything that they bought at the back of her car while she enjoyed a cup of hot coffee that she bought in a vending machine. “Thank you for your help.” Joohyun tipped the bodyguard.

“Ne, you guys fight like a married couple.” The man teased them.

The exchange glances and Seulgi rolled her eyes while Joohyun suddenly find it cute so she giggled at it. “You’re really good in picking fights.” Joohyun said.

“Oh forget it.” Seulgi said as she starts the car and made their way back to the baby house.

After having breakfast the two were sent off by Sunmi who didn’t fail to give Joohyun a bag of pure cocoa and the children who waved for good bye while sipping their favorite drinks. “Gumawo Jooohyun Noona!” Mark screamed and Joohyun stick out her head and waved good bye to the cute boys.

“Ah… that was so relaxing.” Joohyun said as she exhales calmly. “How was it growing up at the baby house?” She asked ner bodyguard who’s busy driving next to her.

“Well when I got there for the first time it was difficult to adjust since the kids that was staying there are older than me.” Seulgi shared. “But as soon as I realized that they’re my new family… I was able to be comfortable around them.”

“So… your foster siblings that grew up there, where are they?” 

“Some are already abroad, some are here in the country and already have their families.” 

Joohyun would love to know more. She’s more curious to know why Seulgi and Yeji are adopted. Where their parents are and how was her childhood back then but she stopped herself in order not to go beyond with the professional relationship that they agreed.

“Do you want to have kids?” She asked. Even that kind of question was never asked to her husband before and after their marriage. 
Seulgi nods. “I do.” She make a quick glance to her Boss to show how sincere she her with her answer. “I’m just afraid if I have to come to the point where I need to explain why my baby has two mommies.” 

Joohyun laughed at her. She just really find her reason cute. “If you ask me, I might be afraid to put on diapers since babies are fragile and you answer that.”

“I’m already well trained with that, besides Yeji I became a caregiver to those who were adopted younger than me. I already know how to put them to sleep, bathe them, change their diapers, groom them, feed them name it.” Seulgi bragged.

“Omo.. so you’re looking forward that someone will call you Seulgi Omma.” Joohyun said.

“Probably yes.” Seulgi said. “Maybe if Yeji finished college.” 

It is still raining slightly, and somehow the trip was peaceful and calm. So far the awkwardness between the two were washed away. They entered the premises of Seoul and the rain started to become heavy. Thunder and lightning suddenly appeared which made Joohyun to flinch.

She suddenly got scared. Head on her knees while covering her head with her both hands. “Ms. Bae, will you please sit properly. We’re inside the vehicle we’re safe.”

“I’m scared Ms. Kang.” Joohyun confessed but still managed to keep herself upright. Pursing her lips, eyes are closed and hands are fisted over her lap.

“Such a cry baby.” Seulgi teased.

“Stop messing around.” Joohyun said, she felt Seulgi’s hand under hers and folderd her finger’s to secure her hand. She slowly open her eyes and she could see how cute her hands were locked.

“Don’t use this against me once you want to throw tantrums again. Yeji used to stay calm when I hold her hand like this.” Seulgi clarified. 

Joohyun nods. “Keep your hands there.” She said as she breathes heavily.

After reaching her bedroom at the mansion, she quickly closed all the windows and the doors in her balcony. She pulled the curtains together and kept her room dark. Suho isn’t around to be with her and even if he is, he would not make an effort to put Joohyun at ease. He wouldn’t hold her hand nor give her a hug cause even at home, he’s on his phone and tablet browsing some data reports.

Seulgi is at the lounge alone, worried with Joohyun but she don’t want to offer her a company since she would wanted to maintain the professional relationship, until her phone rings. “Yoboseyo?”

“Ms. Kang, this is Head Maid Taeyeon.” She introduces herself worriedly on the phone. “I’m not around and I am stranded here at the train station. Could you please stick around Ms. Bae? She’s really afraid of the thunder and heavy rain.” 

Seulgi reached her bedroom and knocked on her doors twice but she didn’t respond at all and even if she thought that she might be sleeping, she promised Taeyeon that she will be with the Boss until the rain and lightning stops. Even without Joohyun’s permission, Seulgi went inside and found the room dark except the bed lamp that lightens a small portion of the room.

She found Joohyun lying on her bed with her earpods in her ear and her eyes are forcefully shut forcing herself to sleep but she can’t because of the loud music she’s listening to. Seulgi grabbed her phone beside her and turned the music off which made her quickly flinch with the sound of the thunder.

“What are you doing here?” Joohyun asked.

“Aunt Taeyeon asked me to keep you accompany.” Seulgi said. Sitting down at the long couch just opposite to the bed, Seulgi crossed her arms and gestured Joohyun to sleep. “You won’t be able to sleep if you’re hearing loud music on your airpods.” 

“Don’t leave until I wake up.” Joohyun said. Shutting her eyes.

Forcing herself to sleep was quite difficult. She really cant stand thunder and lightning. Even heavy rains, frightened her as she could anticipate what might come along with that. The Boss couldn’t really put herself to sleep, its her only way to ignore the loud noises outside and yet it keeps her awake.

Opening her eyes slowly, She found Seulgi comfortably leaning on the couch. He arms and legs are folded and her eyes are already close. Joohyun walk slowly towards her and look at her closely. She looked like a calm angel as she enjoys her sleep. She moved closer to see every detail of her face but in surprise, their eyes met. 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi asked.

Joohyun quickly raised herself up, standing erected and maintaining her poise. “Just checking if you’re really asleep.”

But Seulgi’s senses are so good that even when asleep she could feel that someone is watching her. She went back closing her eyes and clear . “Just read a book if you can’t sleep.”

“Boring.” Joohyun frowned. “Well if I am not sleeping it means you’re not sleeping as well.” 

And Joohyun pulled out her facial steamer, laser, tools, organic creams, mask and toner. “I am giving you a free facial experience. Since you’re such an excellent bodyguard.” 

“I would prefer what you have to Dahyun rather than those.” Seulgi said.

“Come on..” Joohyun taps the pillow at the end of the couch for Seulgi to lie down while she decided to sit on the floor to level her bodyguard’s face. 

Seulgi was hesitant but she has no choice but to comply. She knew her Boss will pull out some irrational arguments if she let her do nothing while it is heavily raining. Rolling her eyes, she placed her head on the pillow and trust Joohyun what se has to do. 

Wiping her bodyguard’s face with some cotton after placing some exfoliating cream, Seulgi made a slight smile as she could feel warm touch of cottons very relaxing as it slides against her face. After that, Joohyun her facial steamer to open Seulgi’s pores. “You’re face is disgusting.” She complained.

“Really? Insulting me when I didn’t even ask for this?” Seulgi said.

And the next thing was something that Seulgi didn’t expect. It’s the white and black head removal. It was really painful for her to handle that she already tear up and all screams in Joohyun’s room. “Let’s just end everything here.” Seulgi begged.

“Andwe! We have to remove everything. We already open your pores and we have to take out everything inside it.” Joohyun insist. “Stay still! Or else I will choke you.” She warned her. 

It took half an hour for Joohyun to do the extraction and she cant deny she’s satisfied cleaning Seulgi’s face. She placed a cold mask on her bodyguard’s face and to her as well. “Don’t worry that will help you numb and will cleanse your face as well.” She said after a giggle.

Seulgi just starred at her with a blank face and she could still feel the sting sensation on her face. “So this is what rich people do? I must thank the Gods that I wasn’t born one.” 

“Aish, you could just thank me Ms. Kang. Its not my fault that you lack interest with such girly stuffs.” Joohyun said and smiled at her. 

“I am not blaming you for that but please don’t drag me with something like this.” Seulgi complained.

Joohyun rolled her eyes to her whining bodyguard, she took the last cream that both of them need to put on their face until she recalled how she was close to Seulgi that it gave her a voluntary smile. She saw her reflection at her faucet which made her come back to her senses. “Joohyun, boss-bodyguard relationship.” She told herself as she hits her face twice to fully wake herself up from day dreaming.

“Here, place it on your face.” Joohyun throw ithe cream to her and sits beside her.

Narrowing her eyes and checking the cream she really has no idea what’s in it. “I cant even count how many creams have we put in our faces.”
“That’s the last.” Joohyun said. Yawning and stretching her body, Joohyun lean at the arm rest of the long couch. “I am really sleepy.” She frowned.

Seulgi taps her thighs. “Head here.” She told her Boss.

Joohyun gazed at her and shake her head as she disagrees. “Your thigh are as hard as a rock. I am comfortable with my pillow.” She said.

“Too comfortable that you have to stand up from your bed to check me out?” Seulgi . 

“I am checking if you’re asleep, I am not checking you out.” She clarified, clearing she walked back to her bed and covered herself with her thick blanket but she cant really put herself to nap even if she changes her position, close her eyes, breathe calmly and put out a part of her body from her blanket.

Seulgi decided to ditch the couch and even if they already agreed to have a professional relationship between them, she knew it will help Joohyun to fall asleep if someone sleeps beside her. She pulled her thick blanket and found Joohyun still awake wearing a frown on her face. Without asking permission, she took the space beside Joohyun, placed her hands under her head and closed her eyes.

“Excuse me, Ms. Kang what the hell are you doing?” Joohyun asked as she didn’t expect that Seulgi will take the place beside her. Ever since that their room was renovated when they got married no one has ever lied down on their bed except her and her husband.

“You keep on moving like this and like that. I am helping you to sleep alright?” Seulgi explained. “Don’t worry I will leave this place once I saw you heavily snoring.” 

Its not Joohyun hate that her bodyguard lied down on her bed comfortably, she just cant help but to feel awkward and uneasy and whenever she’s that close with Seulgi, she couldn’t help but to recall how she kissed her and her neck. “Then keep your ears alert cause I do not snore.” Joohyun rolled her eyes.

It was the heavy rain and the thunder that kept Joohyun awake but now that Seulgi is beside her, she cant help but to make quick glances on her and when she realized that Seulgi might be asleep, she turned to her and watch her side view. She realized that she has a sharp nose, cheeky cheeks, cute strange eyes and even if he slightly opens when she sleeps she finds her really cute.

She was watching her too much that her focus and attention diverted to Seulgi, she didn’t hear the noise of the thunder and the scare of the heavy rain outside her mansion and that caused her to fall asleep. It was her first time to sleep peacefully and calmly during the heavy rain. Back then, she used to be awake the whole night if heavy rains occur even if her husband is just next to her.

Joohyun was able to fall asleep for 2 hours and when she’s having an afternoon nap, she will automatically be awake a couple of hours before dinner. She started to twitch a little and finally wakes up. She slightly open her eyes and with her surprise, she’s already pillowing Seulgi’s arm and her arm is wrapped around her waist. She immediately rolled away from her causing her to fall from her bed.

“Kwenchana?” Seulgi asked and checked her from afar. “I was about to leave the bed but you locked me with your arm.” 

“Yah I wont do that, maybe you made me hugged you while I was totally asleep.” Joohyun blamed her. “Its impossible for me to do that. I don’t even embrace my husband on our sleep.”

“Geez, what a boring relationship.” Seulgi as she pulled the blanket from her and tidy up Joohyun’s bed.

“Boring?” Joohyun sarcastically laugh but cant deny that she was offended by her bodyguard’s remarks. She stands up from the floor and folded her arms. “Don’t you know-that anyone would be lucky to have me as a wife? So lucky that no matter what I do they don’t they feel bored anymore?”

Seulgi would wanted to get away with the heated discussion since she knew that whne her boss is offended she would really insist and prove she is right. The bodyguard’s face didn’t pleased the Boss so she took Seulgi’s wrist and drag her inside her walk in closet.

“Everything you see in here are worth a thousand dollars above.” Joohyun bragged with a confident smile.

Seulgi ws really facinated, her walk in closet looks like a dress shop she sees in the mall. She walks as if she’s window shopping and she found Suho’s coats, ties, suits, shoes and belts. Everything is luxury and branded. 

“Ah right.” Joohyun walks behind her. “It seems like your taste in clothing is too manly. Do you like his style?”

Seulgi nods. “Well I have to admit, I feel like in a mall.” 

“Well this group of suits, I bought this in France.” She gladly tell Seulgi, collecting five sleeves in her hand. She pointed out two pair of shoes that looked like it hasn’t used ever since it was bought. “These, I bought this in Singapore during a symposium.” She then opened the glass closet where different sets of belts are hanging. “And these belts came from New york, China, England and Germany.”

“I thought you said ‘his style’?” Seulgi asked as she observes the belts. 

“Ne?”

“If you bought these stuffs for him… picked the color for him, choose the belt for him or even decide shat he should be wearing fro a day, it is your style not his.” Seulgi said. “I could say you really shaped your husband for who he is today.” 

Joohyun suddenly became silent with her words. She realized was there really to brag about? “Well, you might be right, but that’s what wife should do to their husband.” She clears . “Maybe you don’t know cause you didn’t grow up with your parents.”

Seulgi looked at her but not in an offensive expression. She rolled her eyes with a smile and Joohyun stepped back and realized how offensive her remarks it. “I have my parents in baby home remember?” Seulgi said as she made a failed wink. “So… how did you and your husband met?” 

“Well… he’s a former chief of finance at the company. He’s Sungjae’s friend and we were introduced.” Joohyun told her. “He became one of the company’s director after we got married when I decided to go down from my position.”

“Oh so… you really build a weak building to have its strong foundation.” Seulgi said. “So does a housewife or show off wife enjoys you more than being the director of the company?” 

“Well…”

“The more I analyze your situation, there’s nothing to admire in your husband. Let’s say he got in your company because of her relation to Mr. Sungjae and his current position because of you.” Seulgi shrugged her shoulders and put her hands in her pocket. “Imagine what story will you tell your children if their Dad just got all his credentials because of his affiliation with you.” 

Joohyun frowned at Seulgi and she can no longer defend her husband. “But he’s not a bad person.”

“I didn’t say anything like that. Why don’t you try working at the company again?” Seulgi suggested. 

Seulgi made her Boss into deep thoughts again. She realized after she turned over her position ot her husband her life is now completely different. She didn’t have any opportunity to expand her charities and foundation, she also failed to travel from time to time, she has to keep from her husband what she spend and most of all her relationship with her sister isn’t doing well ever since she put her full attention to her husband.

After Seulgi left her bedroom, Joohyun went straight to their family library and pull out every files related to the company. Turning on her laptop, browsing some current reports and progress from the company. Analyzing some things that needs to be addressed and reviewing some contracts that were approved and rejected. 

Seeing the long table filled with documents, books and some random files made her missed what she has been used to do before. She thought maybe her bodyguard was right. She has been giving everything to her husband and was blinded that she enjoyed the life of a supporting wife just because she was admired by many and because she assumed that it was supposed to be her responsibility. When in reality she can build herself a good image and be admired by many on her own way.

Pre occupied with files and randomly typing on her laptop, Lia suddenly barged in their family library and walked towards Joohyun. Even without looking at her, Joohyun could recognize who it was since Lia is the only person she knew that can just barge in without knocking. “You really forgot how to knock huh?” She said as a greeting while her eyes are still glued on her laptop.

“We will be bringing Seulgi unnie with us.” Lia said. “I’m not asking for permission, I am informing you.”

“Where are you planning to bring my bodyguard?”

Lia narrowed her eyes. “We just need to bond as a family.”

Joohyun took off her eyeglasses and placed it gently over her table. “Family? I should go then.”

“No you cant!” Lia said as she marched outside the library to meet Yeji and Seulgi who are hanging out inside their lounge.