Ch 09

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09 | It's Over

 

 

***

 

 

"Omo." Seohyun got surprised when she woke up and saw Yoona is sleeping on the floor next to her sofa, that she almost stepped on her. "Wha... what is... she doing here? Wait, she slept here?" She exclaimed and covered instantly with her eyes widened. Her cheeks are slowly blushing as she looked down at her sleeping face as her heart is fluttering.

 

'She was all glaring at Seonho last night and even sounds cold every time she speaks. What ing comes to her mind and she's sleeping here?'

 

"What's up with her? I thought she hates me? Tsk." She carefully stands on her feet and walks to the kitchen, making sure not to steps on her. 
 

Opening the fridge, she raises her eyebrows when there's still a box of pizza inside. She decided to take it out and place it on their dining table, as she takes her seat and picks one of the slices.

 

'Could it be... She can't sleep in her bedroom? Or... She really just wants to be near me? Aish, still she hates me.' Seohyun shakes her head and finally took a bite of her pizza while her eyes are on Yoona, who is still sleeping like a kid, hugging her extra pillow and a comforter is on her stomach. 'She's making me confused.'

 

Taking more bites of her pizza, she finished it in no time and took another slice. 'I fell asleep on the sofa, who brought the pillow and the comforter?' She just realized she never has any memories of grabbing a pillow and comforter. 'Did she... Brought it? Yeah, she definitely did, why is she there if she didn't?' 

 

Seohyun's lips curved into a big giddy smile. 'I don't know what is she doing but she's...making me... ugh... I hope she knows what she's doing.' She picks another pizza and still couldn't stop smiling while her eyes can't leave the figure of a sleeping girl nearby. 

 

She was like a fool for the next fifteen minutes until she saw Yoona is slowly gaining consciousness. She hurriedly lowered herself to hide under the table. 

 

Yoona who is slowly sitting up, let out a huge yawn as she stretches her arms upward and noticed immediately that the sofa is empty. She turned to her right and left and then stands up. "She... Woke up before me? Aish!" She ruffles her hair in frustration. She plans to wake up at dawn but it looked like Seohyun beats her plan. 

 

Picking her pillows and comforter, she animatedly returned to the bedroom and find Sooyoung sleeping soundlessly on her bed. She was about to lay down on her own bed when she heard a knock. 

 

"Yah! Im Yoona!" Followed by Seohyun's voice.

 

Her eyes widened and she hurriedly lied down, hides behind the comforter, and covered her ears. "I'm not hearing her voice. I'm not hearing her."

 

"Tsk." Seohyun rolled her eyes and kick the door when she heard nothing. Walking back to the sofa, she kicks the coffee table and crossed her arms near her chest with a grumpy face. 'I can't believe she just leave without looking for me. Tsk.'

 

 

:::

 

 

Quiet yet feels weird, that's how Seonho describes what's happening at their table as they eat their simple breakfast.

 

Seohyun who keeps glaring at Yoona is the weirdest thing he is witnessing especially that the doe-eyed isn't paying attention to her. He woke up earlier just to see the living room empty and Seohyun returned from jogging to help him right away with their breakfast.

 

"So, you guys heard about Yoochun?" Seonho breaks the silence between the three of them only as Sooyoung left for the station the moment she woke up.

 

"Didn't we talked about him last night?" Ask Seohyun as she shifted her attention to her partner, sitting across her.

 

"There's a new thing I have learned." Seonho replied earning Yoona's attention finally, who is sitting on his left.

 

"What is it?" Yoona softly asks without giving a glance to Seohyun.

 

"So apparently he isn't just some thug, it's just his part-time job I think. He is one of the employees in a mall, as one of the security guards." Seonho shared, taking his phone from the side and showed the photos of their target.

 

Seohyun and Yoona grab the phone together which made their hands have contact. But quickly Yoona retracted her hand when she saw the glare from the young agent. She looked down to avoid her gaze right away.

 

Seohyun sighs and checks the photos. "Looks like a Hwangshin Mall." She said as she noticed the surrounding of the photos. "Where did you get these?" 

 

"Yes. Mr. Lee sent it last night. He hired another detective to get more information about this guy." Explained Seonho and he took his phone back. "And he wants us to capture him tonight."

 

"Okay. That's an easy mission."  Seohyun just coly replied. She took her fork to have a bite of her fish cake.

 

"No, Seohyun it isn't. He will be in the warehouse tonight. So yeah, we will have to be careful." Seonho reminded, doesn't want to see anyone gets hurt.

 

"We can't do it in daylight?" Wonders Yoona as she tilts her head to him.

 

"He's working in the mall. We can't kidnap him there  can't we?" Seonho chuckled softly.

 

"Indeed." Yoona nodded and glanced at Seohyun who isn't paying attention. She audibly sighs and returned to her meal.

 

A few minutes later, "I'm done." Seohyun gets up and walk to the sofa, grabbing her jacket and backpack. "I'll see you guys tonight." 

 

"You're not staying?" Seonho asks in surprise.

 

"Well, I have to return home. For sure they're not there anymore." Seohyun explained and made her way to the lift. "By the way, prepare for tonight, Yoona. You're part of the team now so don't be-"

 

"I have been on training since last week. You don't have to worry about me." Yoona interrupted knowing what she meant.

 

"Good." Nodding her head, Seohyun presses the up button of the lift. "See you guys then." She briefly smiled at them earning a wave of the hand from Seonho. She stepped inside the lift and disappeared from their eyes.

 

Just then Yoona heard her phone ring from the coffee table. She casually gets up and walked to it. "Who's this?" She raises her eyebrows as she picks it and finds an unknown number flashing on the screen.

 

"Answer it. It must be them." Seonho hastily suggested.

 

Yoona took a deep breath and exhales slowly before she taps the answer button. "Hello?" In a calm and soft voice.

 

[Im Yoona, right?]

 

"Yes. Who am I speaking to?"

 

[You gave me your calling card the day your brother died. It's Ahn Jo Seop.]

 

"Ahn Hyo Seop..." Yoona doesn't remember and tried to recall. 

 

[One of the securities here in your brother's apartment building. Can you meet me today?]

 

"Omo." Yoona widened her eyes when she just remembered it. She wasn't able to find CCTV footage from the day her brother died so she gives her calling card to the security in case they retrieve deleted files. "It's you. Where should I meet you? This is about my brother, right?"

 

[Yes. So please come, alone, and make sure you hide your identity.]

 

"A-Are you hiding?"

 

[Received a death threat recently even though I don't have the footage. But I want to tell you something important. Can no longer take this fear and I want to confess. So please see me later at the address I will send.]

 

The call ended and Yoona looks at Seonho agape and their eyes are widening.

 

"What's going on?" Seohyun's voice was heard behind, which causes the two to look at her.

 

"Looks like she received an important call." Seonho explained, waiting for the doe-eyed to share it.

 

Yoona was about to explain it when she received the address and the time of their meetup. "It's the apartment's security agent. He wants to confess whatever he knows." She says with a shaky voice. "I think he will confirm to us who really killed my brother."

 

Both Seohyun and Seonho looked at her in disbelief yet thrilled to meet the guy.

 

 

:::

 

"Is there a need for this?" Ask Yoona as Seohyun put on glasses on her eyes and put on a pin on her shirt that serves as a camera and mic.

 

"We can't guarantee that this isn't a setup." Seohyun explained. "We need to be careful. If it isn't then it's good." She taps her cheek and smiles. "You're good to go."

 

"Listen, if he says something weird or you see something strange, don't forget to give us a signal." Instructed Seonho from the driver's seat. "You look good on glasses, Yoona." And can't help but praise.

 

"Thanks." Yoona smiled shyly.

 

"I'll be just across the cafe to make sure the place is safe." Seohyun said and opened the van. "Count ten before you come out." She added and hastily put on her baseball cap as she stepped out and casually walk to a nearby bench in the park.

 

Yoona takes ten seconds before she comes out and crosses the crosswalk, walking casually all the way to the cafe where Ahn Hyo Seop is waiting. 

 

[So far the surrounding is clear.] Said Seohyun from her earpiece. 

 

[Copy that.] Seonho replied from the van.

 

Yoona soon entered the cafe and spotted him sitting in the corner of the cafe when he waves at her. She smiled briefly and walked towards him. "I'm glad to see you." She greeted as she took her seat.

 

"I will not take long Yoona, so let me just start this by apologizing first. Took me almost months to have this courage." Hyo-Seop began as he felt a bit nervous. He took a sip of his iced coffee in the process.

 

"It's okay. I understand. Relax, can't you?" Yoona can see it in his eyes, he keeps staring behind her and in the corner of his eyes. 

 

"Yes, I'm sorry. Anyway, he took it." Hyo-Seop didn't hesitate and revealed.

 

"What do you mean?" Yoona raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

"The footage of that incident. This guy took it from us. I-I mean he ordered me to delete it but before that, he saved the footage to his flash drive. If I wasn't mistaken, it was a frog flash drive." 

 

"The footage of the culprit killing my brother?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Who is this He?" Yoona curiously asked as she's determined to know the truth.

 

"I don't know him but I can describe what he looks like." Hyo-Seop replied a bit breathless.

 

[Let him see the photo of Park Yoochun.] Seonho instructed over the earpiece.

 

Yoona casually took her phone out and showed the photo. "Does he looks like this?"

 

Hyo-Seop slightly widened his eyes. "Yes. It's him. It's also the same person that keeps threatening me to shut my mouth. It's really him. He got the footage."

 

"I see." Yoona nodded her head. "Thanks for confirming, Hyo-Seop-ssi." 

 

"So can you guarantee me my safety? I mean, I don't want to keep hiding anymore." Hyo-Seop desperately said as he holds his drinks tighter.

 

"Yes, I talked to a friend. She will send some police. Don't worry, starting tonight as we part ways, you will no longer need to hide." Yoona assuringly replied, flashing a small smile. 

 

"Thank you." Hyo-Seop took her hand and give it a squeeze, as she gratefully smiles. He didn't regret his decisions.

 

 

:::

 

 

After having a meeting with Seonho and Seohyun, Yoona decided to come early to her part-time job where she meets the owner and handed her paper bag lunch boxes of foods she made earlier in return for her kindness a week ago.

 

"I already told you not to bother." Chung Ah told her but she accepted the bag. "But thank you. These are a lot." She gasps when checks the inside.

 

"For you and for your family, Ms. Lee. Also, I came early because I will be out early tonight too." Yoona replied as she casually put on her uniform jacket as a part-timer.

 

"Wae? You are going somewhere?" 

 

"You're Seohyun's sister, right?"

 

"Not biologically but yes. Are you meeting her?" Chung Ah can't help and .

 

Yoona nodded simply. "Yes. For a mission."

 

"I see..." 

 

"Wait, if you guys are not biological..." 

 

"After her father died during a war, she was adopted by my parents." Chung-ah explained softly. "Her mother died when she was two years old though from cancer. So yeah. She's pretty much an orphan." She shrugs her shoulders afterward.

 

"So it's not true..." Yoona was reminded by how Scarlet told her she's an only child and that her parents are in the province. 'Yeah, it wasn't Seohyun. She needs to lie, of course.'

 

"You know Seonho?"

 

"Yes."

 

"She's his childhood friend. Ever since her father died, he never left her side. You know he also has soldier parents and died in action. Seonho got adopted after she was adopted in an orphanage. Coincidentally, the couples that adopted them are friends. So yeah, they stick together until now." Chung-ah softly chuckles. "They even entered the same jobs. That's how close they are. He's like her brother and she's like his younger sister."

 

'No wonder he took care of Seohyun well.' Yoona thought as she remembers the last night's celebration of her birthday. 'Ugh, my jealousy was nonsense. They're just like siblings.'

 

"Anyway, can I know what time are you leaving the store?" Ask Chung-ah as she checks the time.

 

"I'll be off around 8 pm, is that okay, Ms. Lee?" 

 

"Hmm, that's fine. I'll see you later then." Ms. Lee stepped out of the counter and patted Yoona's shoulder as she left. "Thanks for these Yoona." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter