Ch 01

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ch 01 | Loss

 

 

***

 

 

A loud thud followed by a groan was heard in a not so big bedroom. One woman walked inside the room only to shake her head to see her niece, who is wearing her favorite rainbow pajamas, getting up from the fall she had.

 

"You're not going to work today?" She asks, holding out her hand to give her a hand. But instead of taking it, her niece proceeds to climb to her bed.

 

"It's Sunday." A mumble came from the young lady on the bed as she tucks herself back inside the comforter. Her eyes slowly close. "I got nothing to do.” Came her soft voice.

 

"Don't you mind having breakfast?" Ask the woman standing next to the bed. "It's not like you don't have a work you can continue doing nothing. Be productive always."

 

"I know. At least give me some break Auntie."

 

"You are really an Im, Yoona. Tsk." Giving it to her niece, Yoona's Auntie left the room casually not before setting the cup of tea on her night stand.

 

Yoona who can smell the tea turned her head to the night stand and forcefully opened her eyes. Her hang over is still there that she feels like she needed something to drink after last night's party at her colleague place. She sighs and force herself to get up, taking the cup and took a sip of it. Her eyes close unconsciously as she let the tea engulfed her, which give her comfort. She opened her eyes back just to see her phone received a message. Taking her eyeglasses and wore it, she opened the message just to read her mom fangirling.

 

mom: i'm watching your report right now honey. why are you so pretty? i really really really give birth to the prettiest person in the world. come home soon!

 

A big smile formed in Yoona's lips after reading it. She however did not answer as she went to get the remote control and her tv screen. She grimaces once she saw herself on the tv, reporting about the current issues of South Korea. She always feels awkward to see herself on the tv even though it's her dream since high school to be a journalist. She hastily changes the channel and watch a replay of a variety show instead while she's having her tea, which is slowly taking off her throbbing head.

 

After a while, she heads out and find an untouched breakfast in the dining area. She just took the bread and put it inside as she leaves the house, doing her morning routine which is jogging around their neighborhood. She would bow and greet her neighbors from time to time until she reached the park, she took a seat and give herself a time to have some water that she only finished in one go.

 

For the time being, she enjoyed herself watching those kids, playing around, keeping her company alone. Until a message distracted her from them.

 

Manager Kim: Have you gone online? Check the trending topics.

 

Without putting any idea on it, she casually opened a browser on her phone and opened the popular website. Her eyes doubled when she saw her name being the trending topic. She hastily taps on it and articles about her from different reporters is apparently trending:

 

Reporter Im Yoona just casually attacked Assemblyman Lee on her recent report on News Today program.

 

Does every word that came from Reporter Im legit?

 

Assemblyman being attacked by reporter Im, telling him to confess on receiving bribes from every businessman.

 

Reporter Im of News Today just revealed Assemblyman Lee is receiving bribes without showing evidences.

 

“What the heck?” Yoona quickly check the video and find out that the new program earlier broadcasted her unfinished report. She totally didn’t mind earlier because it was what she and the director have worked on. She hastily dialed the Director’s number but he can’t be reached. “This isn’t right.”  Getting up, she returned home in a fast pace but end up and running. She reached in no time just to get her car keys as she hastily speeds off to the company she’s working.

 

-

 

"It was a mistake. That video shouldn't be broadcasted!" Reasoned Yoona firmly and defensively for herself to their team leader.

 

"I don't know how did it aired but what I submitted was the same file, Reporter Im. Don't accused me like it was my doing." Their Team Leader who is a middle-aged man responded, staring intensely at her.

 

"Where's Director Cho?" ask Yoona, looking around.

 

"It's Sunday, no one's around."

 

"." Yoona cursed, smacking her own forehead. "I should release a statement about this." She rushed to her cubicle and opened her desktop.

 

"You should wait until tomorrow to make a decision. We can't release anything that's not being signed by our Director and CEO."

 

Yoona was about to respond when someone barge into them.

 

"The President is looking for you, Reporter Im. Please proceed to his office." 

 

Yoona sighs and started to feel nervous as she looked at their team leader, who only give her the gesture to follow to the President and CEO's office. 'What is he doing here?' She wonders, knowing there's no work mostly for them. Getting up, she had no choice but to follow the order and meet with their President.

 

"I receive a lot of calls and messages after the broadcast. Most of them are investors and our parter... they're all asking for your explanation." 

 

Yoona was met by such a disappointing news. She looked down in shame. "My apologies." she grit her teeth and clench her fists. But she promptly looked up to meet his eyes. "I swear what happened was a mistake. It wasn't part of my report, Mr. President."

 

"A mistake or not that report triggers the assembly especially Lee Joonhyuk himself. His secretary called demanding to fire you for unappropriate reporting."

 

"Wha-what?" Yoona exclaimed.

 

"I actually have thought of it. I'm sorry Yoona but we can't afford the loss in our company if you continue staying here."

 

"So you're firing me?"

 

The President nodded. "Pack your stuffs." and he gestures to the security to take Yoona out of his office.

 

Yoona yanked away the security's hands on her and walked out the room willingly, not before sending glares to the President. She won't ever forget the unfair treatment. But she definitely felt betrayed.

 

'Someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter