Ch 06

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Flash Drive

 

 

***

 

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun! You freak eyes here!" Seonho keeps calling his friend while he would turn to her and turn to the road to make sure he won't crash the car or he would break the speed limit. "YOU ARE NOT ING WEARING YOUR MASK! YOU ARE ABOUT TO RUIN THIS MISSION!"

 

He keeps honking the car also but the latter seems hard to even hear him. She's focused on catching at least one of the 5 men or try to divert their attention by calling them. Unfortunately, the unknown men are stubborn as they keep chasing Yoona as well.

 

The chase keeps going for the next 30 minutes as Yoona keeps turning to every street, jumping, pushing, and avoiding all that comes her way. It's like a marathon. She would glance back to make sure they're still chasing and look for another way to stop them, but no they're persistent.

 

She doesn't know what's going on but she feels like running to save herself.

 

Seohyun who suddenly knew the street turned to her right and turned to another alleyway, and more alleyways until she stopped and catches her breath, watching Yoona from afar, slowly getting closer and closer but before she can see her, Seonho grabs her by her shoulder and hastily pushed her down to hide behind a garbage container.

 

"Damn you! I missed my chance!" Seohyun tried to get up but Seonho pulled her back and put the full head mask on her.

 

"You want to continue saving Yoona again? Go ahead but don't forget to hide your identity!" Scolded Seonho but only to receive a rolling of eyes. "Don't worry, we have a car." He gets up and pulled her up. But before he can open the car, she gets inside and left him in a hurry. "Oh, come on." He could throw his hands in the air. "Aish." But hurriedly also followed as he held a cab that instant.

 

-

 

Heavy breathing, sweats dripping from her forehead, exhausted legs, Yoona finally found a hiding spot, in an empty alleyway without lights. She's hiding behind a wooden box after she lost it. She really almost was caught but she was able to react right away by pushing the man too hard.

 

Looking up while still catching his breath, Yoona chuckled bitterly as he can see stars clearly. 

 

'I thought it's hard to find stars in the city?' She thought feeling like she's going to collapse any time. 'Is this your doing, Siwan-ah? Why? Why? What did you ing do for me to suffer like this?' She really questioned and couldn't help and feel so upset.

 

She knows there's a reason for this but she couldn't somehow accept what's going on. It's like she was being punished. First, she loses him, her parents aren't taking it well and now she's being chased by scary men.

 

She sighs and closes her eyes to rest. But it was just a couple of minutes when she heard footsteps. Her eyes fluttered open and she wasn't surprised at all to see the men she had escaped earlier. 

 

"Do you think you can escape from us?" 

 

Yoona slowly get up and eyed them one by one, noticing the same dragon tattoo on their neck. "What do you want? Who sent all of you?" Ask her nonchalantly.

 

The taller who is in the middle, wearing a piercing on his left eye stepped forward. "The flash drive, where is it?"

 

"What flash drive?" Yoona innocently replied.

 

All men laugh sarcastically. "You run away from us but you don't know the reason?" The leader asks her, taking a knife from behind him.

 

"How would I know? And I'm not stupid to not run away when I am facing some... Bastard." Yoona said which made them mad. But as they attack her, someone from behind suddenly appeared, throwing flying kicks, punches, and backflips that would hit them.

 

'Who the heck?' Yoona is agape as she just stood immobile, watching a seemed to be woman, fighting the five men at the same time. She's like watching an action movie where the female actress is good at martial arts. She's too fast dodging and attacking them at the same time.

 

*thud.* until all of them are on their cold ground, barely could move and asking her to stop attacking them.

 

" off!" 

 

Yoona raises her brows when she heard the voice, quickly causing her to approach the woman but before she can confirm her suspicion, someone hit her from behind, her world turned upside down and she dropped on the ground, unconscious.

 

"Yah! What the hell?" Seohyun is surprised to see the doe-eyed. She quickly went to check on her. "Yoona, wake up." She taps her cheek a few times but she won't open her eyes.

 

Seonho sighs and also lowered himself. "She's just unconscious. You don't need to worry. She was about to approach you when she heard your voice. Do you know what's going to happen next? She'll take off your mask. Actually, she should be suspicious by now since you introduced Seohyun to her in that restaurant. I mean, Scarlet and you have the same voice. Didn't she asks Scarlet about that?"

 

Seohyun ignored her friend and keeps tapping her more until Seonho decided to carry her on his back. "Where are you taking her?" she got up and exclaimed.

 

"Hotel. Just tell her when she wakes up we called her girlfriend and she came right away." Seonho flashes a bright smile, feeling like he's the smartest boy.

 

The idea got Seohyun speechless and she slowly agrees to it. "O-okay... But let's bring her to my apartment."

 

"Cool, you're finally showing her to your world?"

 

"No, the one I got from the Agency. We're talking about Scarlet here, not me."

 

 

:::

 

 

9:00 pm, Just exactly the time turned sharp nine, a pair of doe-eyes slowly flutter open as one woman is slowly gaining her consciousness. She is taking time before she realizes she's not really in a place where she usually wakes up. Promptly she sits up and looks around the room. It's a big bedroom, feels like in a luxury hotel. The walls just a couple of steps from the bed are all glasses which can make her see the city.

 

With only the night lamps , she can see clearly from her position, the Seoul Tower and the moon behind, huge and bright.

 

"Where am I? Why am I here?" Came her question, getting off of the bed and walk to the glass walls. "Aren't I..." she paused when she felt a slight pain behind her which made her touch the nack of her neck, just to feel a bandage. Her eyes widened as she recalls the chase, the woman who fights with the bad guys, and then someone hit her hard behind. "That voice..." and of course the voice she feels like, "Scarlet?"

 

She suddenly heard the door opens which leads for the lights to open and she turned to see the person she just said. "Scarlet?"

 

 Seohyun approached her in an instant. "You alright?" And she asks in concern.

 

"How did I get here? Is this your place? That woman... was that you?" Yoona bombs her with questions. "You, explain it to me." As she firmly demanded.
 

"Who are you talking about?" Seohyun innocently reacts. "Oh, must be the woman who called me. I received a call telling me that you fainted. I hurriedly left the cafe I was at and went to that place. And so I decided to ask someone to bring you to my apartment."

 

"She called you?" Yoona raises her eyebrows. 'So... That voice... I was probably hallucinating.' She thought ruffling her hair.

 

"Yes. Here." Seohyun took her phone from her pocket and showed the caller ID from the dating app that was 4 hours ago. "What happened and-"

 

"My phone is empty." Yoona felt confused and strange as she remembers she was out of battery. "Where's my phone?" And she hastily looks for it.

 

Seohyun was about to tell her when the doe-eyed found it on her jacket that was on the bed. 

 

Yoona opened her phone and it has 10 percent left. "She forced to open this, didn't she?" She opened the call history in the dating app and it has there. 'Ugh, who was that? Why did I hear... Scarlet... No, no, it's not her. It really isn't. How ridiculous for me. She's a model and... that woman knew martial arts. Too absurd.' She's convinced she's just hallucinating. 

 

"Probably. But seriously, Yoona. What happened?" Seohyun grabs the doe-eyed girl's shoulder and turned her to her so she's facing her. "I was freaking so worried about you!" She yelled at her upon noticing she's not paying attention.

 

Yoona was snapped out of reality and finally realized the worries from her girlfriend. She smiled and pulled her for a hug, kissing her cheek affectionately. "I'm fine... It was just some random gangsters, trying to-"

 

"What?" Seohyun gasps to interrupt the doe-eyed. "You didn't call me right away?" She exclaimed.

 

"Really, it was nothing. No worries." Yoona assures as she pulled her again gently for an embrace. She mentally scolded herself for not thinking of her actions. She rubs her back and kissed her head. "That won't happen anymore. I promise." Whispered her. Suspecting her to be that woman is just like suspecting her girlfriend. She felt so bad and she doesn't want to make her worry.

 

Seohyun sighs and wraps her arms around her waist and her head is on her chest. She felt so bad lying to her but there's nothing she can do. She wanted to protect her either way and she felt so protective, hugging her tightly.

 

"I'm sorry earlier, Scarlet... I... I was just too confused. But now... It's so clear for me now." Yoona softly said, feeling bad for her girlfriend. 'To think, that woman feels like the same person in the apartment. Scarlet will never be that person.' She told herself again.

 

Shaking her head, Seohyun slowly loses her hug and pulled away gently to see her girlfriend's face with a warm smile. She held her face with one hand and gently rubs her cheek and captured gently her lips, which cause Yoona to close her eyes and leaned into the kiss, slowly calming her muscles and her mind as she responded gently.

 

"You're staying here for the meantime." Announced Seohyun as she pulled back a little, she's staring at her pair of lips.

 

"You ask me to come to my apartment yet it was you who brought me to yours." Yoona reminded.

 

Seohyun smiled cheerfully. "Indeed."

 

"I don't mind bringing you in my apartment as well." Promised Yoona.

 

"You better be." 

 

"I'm hungry."

 

"Oh yeah, you haven't-" Seohyun didn't continue her words when Yoona captured her lips again causing her to instantly respond and close her eyes as her arms wrapped around her neck, to pull her close for a deeper kiss.

 

Yoona's arms are around Scarlet's waist as she kisses her like she hasn't kissed her before or she hasn't kissed anyone before.

 

Slow, soft, sweet yet moist, hot and breathy, both of them are not trying to win any battle, as they seek for union and closeness, sharing the same one breath, one sensation, and one passionate moment that's not failing them to feel that bliss.

 

It's the first time. They wanted to take it longer than the first kiss in the car.

 

But as soon as they needed air, they almost immediately felt their foreheads against each other. Eyes are on fire but cheeks are as red as chili. 

 

"So... You're still hungry?" With her y voice, Seohyun asks as caresses Yoona's lips. She can feel her breath, brushing her cheek.

 

"Yeah, but literally hungry now." Yoona whispered and kissed the young model's cheek as she took her hand gently. "Cook for me, Scarlet." And requested without hesitation.

 

Seohyun sweetly smiled. "Come with me then." And takes the doe-eyed with her out of the room.

 

Yoona for the first time has a view of the other parts of her apartment. She immediately noticed the paintings, her photos on the walls, and her awards on a shelf. She halted them so she can have a closer look at the plaque and trophies. "Wow. You didn't lie when you mentioned you are that smart." All of the awards came from high school and college. Her name 'Seo Scarlet' on every award just made her feel so proud.

 

"I told ya." Seohyun just simply said as she continues them to the living room but passes another room first before they completely reached it.

 

"Was that the guest room?" Ask Yoona randomly.

 

"Master Bedroom. The room you are in was a guest room." Explained Seohyun as she let go of Yoona's hand once they are in her kitchen.

 

"So you brought me to your guest room?" Yoona didn't expect that but she doesn't mind at all.

 

Seohyun pauses and looked at the doe-eyed, processing what she just said. "You, you are a guest." So she explained, a bit confused what the deer is implying.

 

"I'm your girlfriend. But it's okay of course. I'm just kidding. I don't mind at all. I mean-"

 

"Omo. I'm sorry, I did not think of that. I mean, aish, Stupid of me." Seohyun interrupted as she regretted immediately for not thinking about treating her special. She was in a hurry earlier either way.

 

"No, no, you don't need to say sorry. Aigoo, it's fine." Yoona assured, pinching her cheeks in the process. 

 

"Okay." Seohyun smiled sheepishly and finally opened the fridge and takes the ingredients out.

 

Yoona on the other hand tool her seat to the stall while watching her girlfriend, adoringly in silence. 

 

Seohyun would glance and smile sweetly at her while she's chopping and stirring. Yoona may not be the first time having the chance to see her cook but she's the first girlfriend she's cooking for. 

 

"Wae?" she asks her finally after minutes of not talking. 

 

"You're pretty." praises Yoona, placing her elbow on the table and supported her chin on her palm. "I have a very very very pretty girlfriend." she sweetly and softly says, couldn't stop smiling.

 

Seohyun scoffs and flips her hair. "I know right?" and wink at her.

 

"Have you done this to anyone?" curious, Yoona casually asks.

 

"What? Cooking?"

 

"Yeah. You mentioned you have friends yet haven't seen one. I supposed you guys hang out here if they have that mood." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter