Ch 08

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08 | For Justice

 

 

***

 

 

Bad headaches, dry throat, and alcohol are all over her body, Seohyun slowly gained consciousness after 9 hours of sleep. She groaned and whined as she tries to return to sleep but her headache is preventing her to do so. She forcefully pushed herself up just to realize she's on her sofa. "." Cursed her as pain stuck her head, causing her to hold her head in both hands while eyes are tight close. "Ahhh... . How did I end up like this?" Mumbles her, trying to ease the pain by massaging her head that's messing her hair more. 

 

A few minutes later, she heard her phone beeps on top of the coffee table, her left eye slowly opened before her right follows. She blinks and blinks slowly and sighs, to see the canned beers all over the floor. Not to mention the opened bags of chips. All of it is messing the entire small living room 

 

She was reminded by the events last night, causing a pang of guilt and pain in her heart. It just hurts so bad. She felt so sorry.

 

Sighing again, she lazily reached for her phone and opened it, greeted by Yoona sleeping outside the store. 

 

Unnie: She's sleeping here. Did you guys fight?

 

Seohyun holds her phone in both hands and types a reply. 

 

She already knows. Just fire her if you want.

 

Unnie: What?! Omg! Sorry to hear that. But no, I'm not firing her. She's a hardworking part-timer. But damn she's preventing customers to enter my store.

 

Wake her up then. Simple.

 

Tossing her phone back to its original place, Seohyun get up and lazily walk to her kitchen, just once again to groan to see how messy her kitchen. She just doesn't mind and opened the fridge, took a bottle of water, and drinks it in a fast manner. 

 

"Good morning, Seo Joohyun! I have some hangover soup!" Seonho's voice was heard from the living room.

 

Seohyun stopped drinking the water and meet with her friend. "What happened?" asked her as she took her seat back on the sofa while Seonho is cleaning the mess she created.

 

"You drink all night. Tsk, tsk. You happy now?" Seonho mock and hit his friend's thigh as he continues to put all the beers on a plastic bag. 

 

"You were with me the entire night?" 

 

"Of course. How can I leave you?" 

 

Seohyun sighs and pouted. "I'm sorry." She pulled the coffee table closer and took the spoon. "Thanks for this."

 

"Just have some soup to get rid of your hangover. I received the payment by the way. This actually means we need to fasten in getting these guys. But we need to know their employer as well. We can't report it to Mr. Lee if we don't have the complete details." Seonho reminds and finally, he gets up to bring the plastic bag of trash outside.

 

Taking her phone back, Seohyun opened her back just to realized there was an unread message from the dating app. She opened it and her heart skipped a beat when she reads the message she sent last night and Yoona's response.

 

I'm sorry :(

 

Yoona: I hate you.

 

*you can't reply to this conversation anymore

 

"Aish, I messaged her last night?" She knocks her own head a couple of times and stares at the three words, the doe-eyed sent. It once again stings her heart and tears are forming in her eyes. She immediately wipes off the tears when she heard Seonho's footsteps returned. She put her phone down and took her spoon back to have the second bite of her soup.

 

"Pull yourself together, we are going out again." Seonho said and knock her head as he headed to the kitchen.

 

"I'm sorry!" Seohyun yelled knowing her friend will wash the dishes for her. "And thank you." But couldn't miss saying her appreciation.

 

 

:::

 

 

"I won't really be surprised if one day you will see yourself in street, full of dirt and I won't be able to recognize you. Tsk, tsk." Chung Ah shakes her head as she patted Yoona's shoulder. "Get yourself a shower, hmm?"

 

Yoona bowed a couple of times as she apologizes a few times as well while the owner of the store leaves her. She heaved a sigh, looking down at her hangover soup. She is too embarrassed by herself after waking up on the ground and saw a few of the customers ' eyes were on her.

 

"Aish." Shaking her head, she finally took her spoon and have a hot soup. She's lucky the owner took care of her and gives her soup and a new shirt. Or she would be looking like a beggar. 

 

Taking her phone out from her pocket, she just read Sooyoung's explanation message.

 

Sooyoung: I'm so sorry, Yoona-ah. Something urgent came up in the station that I have no time to bring you to your apartment. I hope you're fine. I called Soobin either way so she must be on the way there now.

 

She just doesn't mind replying and returned to her soup. It immediately gives her a warm stomach and slowly putting on a smile on her face. She turned her head to see Ms. Lee is busy cleaning the store. She felt so sorry again. She's like watching her mom cleaning up her mess.

 

'I'll make it up to you next time, Ms. Lee.' she thought, grateful for her.

 

Going back to her soup, she can no longer look away from anywhere as she enjoys it and finishes it in no time.

 

"Yah, who's the girl again?" Soobin arrived later, immediately ask her friend.

 

"I already deleted the app. No need to mention her. She won't be seeing me anymore, either way." explained Yoona quite amused. "You, you're still using that dating app, aren't you?"

 

"How dare that girl. You're too precious to be fooled."

 

Yoona chuckled and playfully ruffles her friend's hair. "Come on, I need to go shower." she gets up and took her backpack and baseball cap to wear, walking to the bus right away.

 

"Where? Sooyoung told me you can't go home to your apartment." Soobin reminded, raising her eyebrows towards the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona stopped momentarily. "Indeed. What about your place? Can I stay there?"

 

"I would love to, Yoona but parents are strict when it comes to strangers. And you have witnessed that when you visited me home. What about a hotel? I'll lend you some money."

 

"Nah, it's okay. I'll just go to the public sauna." Yoona flashes a brief smile.

 

Soobin blocks her friend to stop her from walking. "Just get this, okay? And pay me when you get a real job." she took her hand and handed her credit card. "I have another card so it's fine." she assures her.

 

"Thanks." Yoona gratefully says, pulling her friend for a tight hug. "I can really count on you and Sooyoung." whispers her.

 

"We're friends either way." Soobin says softly, rubbing the doe-eyed's back. "Bring justice to your parents for now. Don't mind that yet."

 

Nodding, Yoona let go of the hug and flashes a bright smile. "See you around." she said and didn't wait for her answer as she runs off, leaving her friend, watching her in disbelief.

 

 

:::

 

 

Having been found new strength after a good jog, Seohyun is walking in her neighborhood, wiping her sweats from her forehead to her neck with her face towel when she saw guys are outside her small home. They wear the same tattoo which she thinks of the same men that attacked Yoona. She hides behind a post and called Seonho right away.

 

"They also knew my place."

 

[What place?]

 

"Here, in my original neighborhood. Should I greet them? But I don't think they're the same guys I encountered. They are unfamiliar to me but are wearing the same tattoos." asked her, having the urge to punch them to a pulp.

 

[They sent new guys after you give them a lesson. Don't do anything yet until I am there. Let's put on a tracker on their car.]

 

"Yeah, there's a black rover. Rich bastards." 

 

[I'm on the way.]

 

The call ended and Seohyun waited for Seonho for at least a couple of minutes until she appeared behind her. 

 

"Buy me some time." Seonho instructed, showing the small sticker tracker.

 

Seohyun doesn't need to reply as she approached the guys right away. "Yah, my place isn't for parking space." she yelled at them.

 

All guys turned to her. 

 

"Aren't you the lady our friends have fought with?" asked one of the guys, wearing sunglasses. He pulled it down as he chuckled sarcastically. "And are you that friend of Yoona?"

 

"How'd you know her name?" Seohyun muttered, staring intensely at them once the name was mentioned.

 

"Siwan's sister, how are we going to miss her name? And she has that something we needed." The guy replied, gesturing his other friends to approach the lady.

 

Seohyun took a tie from her shorts and tie her hair into a ponytail while the guys are slowly approaching her. She had her arrogant face, not even showing fear. Once one of them throws a punch, she just slaps the arm away and throws a punch straight to his face. Another one throws his fist, she got his arm and pulled him close to kick his balls, dropping him on the ground.

 

"YAAAAAHHHH!!!" A screaming guy runs towards her, she turns around and throws a kick straight on his face, throwing him a little away from her. 

 

"Come here." Seohyun smirks is yet breathless.

 

"Aish!" The guy who talked to her earlier advances and throws her a kick which she dodges and she responded with a hard elbow on his face. The guy's teeth flew off and she kicks it off. She had no time to relax as two guys attack her at the same time, she automatically backflips a couple of times towards them, causing them to stepped backward and she ended them with flying kicks and uppercuts. 

 

"Freeze!" One guy stepped out of the car, pointing a gun behind her. "You're good, Huh? But what about a bullet? Can you also beat me-"

 

Seohyun didn't let him continue his words as she turned, grabs the wrist that was holding the gun, and twisted her wrist. "Ah!" Which causes pain and he drops the gun. She snickers and punched his face. She let go of him and pick up the gun right away, pointing at him.

 

"His head will blow if you guys ing move there!" she warned his friends, fearlessly.

 

Everyone freezes.

 

"Now tell me who sent you bastards?" She angrily screams.

 

"Just kill us." One of them answered, laughing devilishly. 

 

Seohyun shifted pointing the gun to the one approaching her. "I said, don't ing move!" she threatened and pulled a trigger to the ground, sending all guys on their knees as they ask once again to spare them. She pulled the trigger again but there aren't any bullets anymore. That causes all of them to hastily runs to the car when she attempted to fight with them again. 

 

"Aish!" She hissed, watching the car leaving in an instant. "So fearless to come here but can't even fight with one woman. Tsk."

 

"Well, that was a good scene. I guess they are just here to give you some warning." Seonho said as he appeared from his hiding place. He took his phone out and immediately it shows the tracker. "Will they bring us to that warehouse?"

 

"Pretty sure." Seohyun mutters, exhaling loudly as she wiped off that little sweat over her cheek. "What's this?" she found a folded paper on top of her mailbox and raised her eyebrows upon reading a death threat.

 

Keep looking after yourself. You're next.

 

"Ha! Bring it on!" She chuckled sarcastically.

 

"Looks like they're really going... " Seonho shares his phone with his partner, taking time watching the tracker until they saw it turns to the road where the warehouse is. "Let's go." announced him as he gives Seohyun the car keys and they runs to her car nearby.

 

Seohyun drives off carefully and once they're on the highway, she speeds off. 

 

"Wait, you're still in your jogging attire." Seonho couldn't help and chuckle, realizing his friend is still on her sleeveless shirt and hot pants. 

 

"Don't have any time to change." mumbles Seohyun as her cheeks are blushing.

 

"Oh well." Seonho shrugs his shoulders but still smiled in amusement. 

 

 

:::

 

 

Changmin returned to the table where Sooyoung and Yoona are waiting after a minute of talking with a businessman friend. He flashes a friendly smile to them as he took his seat across them.

 

"So what is this about?" He furrows his eyebrows, looking back and forth to Sooyoung and the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona handed the same folder to Changmin. "Can you tell us more of these people especially the woman?" She seriously asks.

 

Changmin doesn't need to check the folder. Seonho told him that Yoona already learned about them. "What did they tell you?" His voice is calm and soft.

 

"Just tell us what you know about them? Besides they're people who wait for an employer to hire them." Sooyoung replied casually, taking a sip on her cappuccino.

 

"Well, they are, indeed."

 

"The woman is good at fighting. I feel they aren't just simple people." Yoona shares seriously.

 

"That's for you to find out Yoona. I only know what they tell you." Changmin said truthfully. "However I have to apologize, I have to ask them to get closer with you but that's also to make sure you are safe."

 

"That's what I told her." Sooyoung glanced at Yoona only to earn a rolling of eyes.

 

"I don't need protection." Said Yoona firmly. "I can take care of myself."

 

"Yeah? Can you fight with them?" Sooyoung mocks earning a hit from the latter. She chuckled and hits her back. "So we are here also-"

 

"It's on me, Sooyoung. Give me some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter