Ch 03

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ch 03 | First Meeting

 

***

 

 

Sooyoung returned to the table with their iced tea, raised her eyebrows when she realized Yoona is busy on her phone. "Yah, is Soo bin telling me the truth?"

 

"What truth?" Yoona briefly looked at her best friend.

 

"That you're dating now." Sooyoung didn't even hesitate and dropped it. "Tell me, who is it?"

 

Yoona chuckled as she finally put her phone down on the table. "I'm not dating anyone." Chuckled her as she took a sip of her tea.

 

"You are. Been noticing how you are texting this someone with smiles on your face. Im Yoona, we've been friends for almost two decades. I know if you are interested in someone or not. So who is this person and when did you guys start?" Sooyoung insisted. She's happy to see every time she meets with her friend; she can see her smiles and she feels like it was because of this person from a dating app.

 

"Fine." Yoona rolled her eyes. "But we are friends, not dating. We're just like keeping each other's company if we're bored, you know. Yah, I did not call you to see me about this. I called you to reopen the investigation." She quickly changes the topic, doesn't want to waste time as she got her work later.

 

"I hope it's easy to do that again but ever since the higher-ups have decided to drop the case, I don't think we can reopen this. I'm sorry Yoona."

 

"Now that I've seen the culprit? There's more reason to do this." Yoona insisted firmly. "Come on, Sooyoung. You know how I promised to my parents. I can't return to my hometown without bringing justice home. How about a secret investigation? Hmm?" She took her friend's hand across the table and hold it while pleading.

 

Sooyoung paused and sighs. She bit her lower lip to think about it for at least five minutes. "Araso." But she ends up agreeing. "In one condition."

 

"What?"

 

"Tell me the girl's name?"

 

Yoona chuckled sarcastically. "You really know how to play a game aren't you?"

 

"Yah! It's just a name!"

 

"Fine, her name is scarlet."

 

Sooyoung raised her brows. "Not korean?"

 

"She is. Aigoo. But has English name." Yoona immediately explained. "And it's been a month since we started talking on the app."

 

"So you guys haven't met in person?"

 

"Nope."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I'm not yet ready."

 

"What?" Sooyoung laughs at her friend. "Where was the Yoona I know back then? The Yoona who gets everyone fall in line just to date you? Yah! A month is enough. Go set up a date already."

 

"Do... do you think... it's the right time now?" Yoona ask a bit hesitant and shy. She hasn't dated since her last relationship; she feels like it's her first time. "I'm actually thinking of it."

 

"Omo, there you go. Go for it. As long as it makes you happy and you're doing it right, You have my support whenever."

 

Yoona smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll ask her."

 

"Wait, what's her surname?"

 

"I think Seo."

 

"You're not sure?" Sooyoung chuckled amusingly. "You guys been talking yet you don't know?"

 

"Well it's on her username. So yeah, Seo. Seo scarlet." Yoona giggles amused with herself.

 

"Good luck with that then. Anyway, you should describe to me what you saw during the confrontation. I'll ask a friend to draw this culprit." Sooyoung took her phone out and give Yoona a signal before she pressed the record.

 

"He's taller. I think a little taller than me. He has broad shoulders and he got this muscles on his arms. He's wearing a hoodie jacket, black one and black pants. He wears a black face mask that's why I wasn't able to see his face. He was doing something on my brother's desk when I saw him. I think he's trying to search for something. He got inside without breaking the door though."

 

"Which means he knows the passcode. Your brother knows him definitely." Sooyoung noted. "What about his eyes? Can you describe it?"

 

Yoona pause and recalled what happened. Their eyes met for at least three seconds. "I couldn't tell but if I see his face, I'll probably recognize him through his eyes."

 

"Okay." Sooyoung simply replied, turning off the audio recording. "Also, I will send you some documents that I actually gathered last week about this case. See it for yourself."

 

"Wait I thought you stopped investigating?"

 

"Like I told you, you and your family are like my family as well. So, there's no reason for me to stop. It's about your brother. You can see pictures there. Tell me if you recognized anyone."

 

"Thanks, Soo." Yoona can't ask for more. Her best friend has never really failed her and she's always grateful to have her. "No worries, I'll do my best to help you with this."

 

"Help me by introducing me to your online girlfriend."

 

"Yah! I said we're not dating!" Yoona reacted defensively earning a laugh from the taller girl. She could only smile and chuckle.

 

"By the way, that officer your Aunt was saying, he doesn't exist. I mean, the call log in your Aunt was already dead when we try to trace it." Sooyoung mentioned as she calmed down. "Which means, the culprit pretended to be an officer and he definitely broke your brother's phone after calling your Aunt. And The last GPS signal was at the same location where we saw your brother's body. Aigoo, wherever he is right now?"

 

"I've expected it." Yoona wasn't surprised at all and just sigh.

 

 

:::

 

 

Just as Yoona arrived at the restaurant, Tiffany ask her to come with her and Jessica to the market. She never had the chance to put her bag to the locker as she tags along with them right away, riding the restaurant's van.

 

"Do you guys usually buy the ingredients for the restaurant?" Ask Yoona innocently while she's sitting at the back. Tiffany is driving and Jessica is at the passenger's seat.

 

"Nope. There's a schedule. So, since we are the only two for this team, we automatically include you." Tiffany explained, flashing a bright smile to Yoona.

 

"Welcome to JeTi's Team." Jessica announced, winking at their youngest member.

 

"It should be JeTiYoon, now. Isn't it." Yoona grinned earning chuckles from both ladies.

 

"Absolutely!" Jessica and Tiffany agreed automatically.

 

Just an hour of drive, they arrived at the market, immediately greeted by the noise around the entire place. As they roam around, they would ask for the price and check on them especially fish, crabs, octopus, to see it what they're getting are all fresh.

 

But while they're busy, Yoona suddenly noticed someone familiar not far from them. Her heart skipped a beat and she unconsciously tried to get a closer look to confirm it's indeed scarlet, who is apparently talking to a female vendor, wearing a pink top and white pants. She looks so dashing even from a little far. And there are people around, it's only that she can see.

 

Hastily, she took her phone out, opened her camera, and zoomed in to see if it's really her. Her lips curved into a giddy smile. She quickly dialed her number and got nervous when it rings. She waited patiently while she's staring at her from the distance.

 

Soon, scarlet took her phone and got brighten to see whose calling.

 

[Yoona!] And answered her phone call with such a bright response.

 

"Hey!" Yoona had the same excitement in her voice. "Where are you right now?"

 

[I'm outside... Wait, you're too? I can hear noises.]

 

"Yes, I am." Yoona replied as she unconsciously steps forward. "Turn 9 o'clock." She didn't hesitate and tells her.

 

[Hmm?] Complying, scarlet turned her head. At the first second, she didn't find anyone familiar until she set her eyes on a lady, standing nearby with her face so bright, wearing a simple white shirt and jeans and her smile that she always sees every time they talk. [It's you?] She almost raises her voice.

 

Yoona's heart is fluttering as she smiles giddily and nodded her head. Slowly but surely, she approached her. "And it's you, wearing that pink top and... The most beautiful smile I've seen."

 

Scarlet giggles couldn't look away anymore. "I'm right, you look better personally."

 

Yoona giggles back. She hangs up as she finally arrived at her destination, couldn't stop smiling while her eyes are sparkling to finally meet her. She's speechless and just stood there doing nothing.

 

"Seo Scarlet." Scarlet introduced herself, stretching her hand out, couldn't stop smiling as well.

 

"Ahh, yeah, Im Yoona." Yoona stands corrected and quickly she accepts her hand. Her heart skipped a beat for the first time to see her and hold her hand. "I'm... I'm speechless." Her cheeks are blushing. "I don't know what to say."

 

"After telling me earlier I'm beautiful?" Scarlet giggles in amusement.

 

"Yeah, it's just... I didn't expect this to happen. I mean... You did not lie when you told me I will be really out of words. Ugh, we've been talking for a month. I feel... Shy." Yoona couldn't really know how to talk to her. She's like the shyest at the moment. But seeing her in person and talking with her in person is absolutely better.

 

"You're funny." Scarlet chuckled. "What are you doing here by the way? I think it's not your routine to go out here so early." Scarlet couldn't help and realize. Yoona isn't a morning person and it's a surprise to see her in such a place.

 

"I haven't told you. I finally got a job in a restaurant and I'm... One of the waiters. How about you then?" Yoona explained and feels a bit awkward. It must be the result of talking always on the phone.

 

"I have to stop by before heading home. I just bought some fresh vegetables for salad." Scarlet said as she briefly showed the plastic she's holding.

 

"So, you just got off from work?" Yoona gasps as it didn't come to her mind because she still looks so fresh.

 

Scarlet nodded and smile in amusement. "I have rehearsals for the upcoming fashion show this weekend. Wait, now that you're here, I should invite you." she hastily took a card from her shoulder bag and handed it. "Be there."

 

Yoona accepted and smile reassuringly. She was about to say something when she heard Tiffany, calling her.

 

"Who's that?" Scarlet peeked behind Yoona to see an eye-smiled girl, calling for the doe-eyed.

 

"Oh, that's my colleague. I should get going. I won't miss this, I promise." Yoona said and was about to leave when Scarlet held her hand. "Hmm?"

 

Without a word, Scarlet leaned in to kiss her on the lips. She stayed her lips against hers for about a minute before she leaned out, "I told you." and whispered, winking and wave goodbye as she left her, dumbfounded.

 

Yoona's cheeks is as red as a tomato. Her chest is beating fast like it wasn't able to do so. She's like watching Scarlet stealing her with the kiss and it's slowly giving her insanity.

 

'I will kiss you once we meet.' And that word from her, she remembers one of their talks. She really did it.

 

"Yah, who's that?" Tiffany snapped her out from rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter