Ch 10 [Final]

Why Am I Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 | Future

 

 

***

 

 

Just the moment Yoona unlocked the door from her apartment, she hastily runs to the scattered stuff in the living room, picking them especially those crumpled papers and empty bags of chips, bringing them all to her trash can. She also fixed the pillows on the sofa and spray perfume around. Once she's satisfied, she runs back to the door and opened it wide for Seohyun.

 

"I'm-I'm sorry. Been a while since I cleaned my place." She explained flashing a sheepish smile and immediately she snatched the paper bag she's holding. "Make yourself at home." She said as she allows her to walk in. 
 

Taking off of her sneakers, Seohyun stepped into her apartment completely and immediately can smell that peasant atmosphere in the air. She only has a small living room with a small tv screen and two rooms and a kitchen nearby. It's her first time and she's already liking it. "I thought you live with your Auntie?" She asks softly as she took her seat on the sofa.

 

"She's in the province with my parents," Yoona said and brought the food to the kitchen.

 

"I see. They already know the case is opened?" Ask Seohyun, a small smile forming on her face when she noticed a picture frame of young Yoona with her parents and a dog beside her.

 

"They did and will come here next week. They want to be in the court, hearing the first trial against the mayor." Said Yoona while transferring the spicy chicken to a plate. 
 

"They must be happy right now." Getting up, Seohyun took the remote control under the tv and opened it as she returned to the cushion. She tilted her head to the doe-eyed and smile in amusement. She looked so excited and a bit nervous? Maybe because it's her first time in her apartment. She remembers asking her to come to her place and she refused. It was worth the wait to come, she doesn't have to pretend to be someone else.

 

"Definitely. And so as my brother up there." Yoona glances at her and sweetly smiled.

 

Seohyun smiled back and shifted her attention to the tv screen. She flips the channel and it was good timing that the program is talking about the mayor after Yoochun have confessed it was all his doings. They're debating on whether it's true or not, considering the mayor has a good image to the public. "Tsk, when power really plays a big role, it always makes a person do bad things."

 

"I know right? And I hate the fact that I have the same fate as my brother. Good thing that Assemblyman isn't as evil as them to get back on me." Yoona shared her thoughts as she joined her girlfriend in the living room, placing the plate of spicy chicken and bowl of salad on the coffee table.

 

"Speaking of that, why didn't you fight back with that dirty man?" 

 

"I have weak evidence against that bastard. I couldn't continue. But at least he's one of those that were involved with the mayor. I got my justice." Smiled Yoona briefly, handing Seohyun her chopsticks. "And that's because of you."

 

"Not exactly. We just got the flash drive from your brother, we just used it to exposed them all. It's all thanks to him." Seohyun corrected. She doesn't feel like she has done it all than Siwan. 

 

"Still, without you guys, it might forever be hidden and my brother's case will be buried as well." Yoona believes so. She feeds her with the salad and giggles when she had a big bite.

 

"You mentioned you had a relationship before me right?"

 

"Yes, and she's now married."

 

"Whoa! Really?" Seohyun is surprised Yoona instantly replied. 

 

"How about you?" And the doe-eyed smirked at her. "You haven't shared anything about it and don't even know the few stuff you shared are true." She reminded.

 

Seohyun chuckled and hit Yoona playfully on her arm. "Some of it is true including being a model and senior student in College. There's no need to say more about my life."

 

"Indeed but-"

 

"I know what you're going to say. My sister told me." She cut her off.

 

Yoona nodded and smile a little. "Now I understand."

 

"From now on I'm telling you the truth so I hope you believe me too." Seohyun promised and hopes she will not see her girlfriend thinking twice over her words.

 

"You love me and I believe that." Yoona softly replied, taking her hands. "The rest will follow." She assured her as she genuinely smiled and gently fixed her hair.

 

Seohyun is fluttered and happy to hear it. "I'm sorry again." But can't help and mention. 
 

"I know. And I'm over with it." Yoona gently kissed her hand and sweetly smiled.

 

"I didn't actually know I love you back then because I was just playing but when I saw you with Soobin and the fact that I was hurting as well to see you hurting, I realized I really love you, for real."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah, weird that the mission ends up like this. It's the first time." Confessed Seohyun with a bit shy smile.

 

"It must be a fate."

 

"Yeah."

 

"But you don't really have any relationship from the past?"

 

"I do but didn't last."

 

"How many?" ask Yoona instantly. She casually took a bite of her chicken.

 

Seohyun laughs. "Are you that curious?"

 

"Well, you know a lot about me. I think it's fair if I know also about you."

 

"Fine. Just two and all of them only lasted months that's why I was quite not sure about my feelings towards you before. You know not all relationships are about love. You just like each other then you date each other." Seohyun shared just simply and shrugs her shoulders before taking a bite of the salad.
 

Yoona is agape and speechless for a couple of seconds. "Will we... last long?" And she's curious about it. Just imagining about it makes her heart hurts.

 

"Depends." Seohyun replied and giggles.

 

"Of what?"

 

"It depends on how much we love each other. Hopefully, we will last forever. Future is uncertain you know." Reminded Seohyun, doesn't want their relationship to be always full of dreams. They should work on it to be able to keep going. 
 

Yoona understands her words and nodded her head. "Yeah, hopefully." But she wishes it too. They may have started badly because of her lies but her feelings never faded and she hopes for her girlfriend as well.

 

 

:::

 

 

After having a good dinner date, the couple went for a walk around the park while holding each other's hand, enjoying each other's company with lots of giggles, laughs, hugs, and kisses like it's their first time to date for real.

 

Moments later, they find their selves in the ground park and Seohyun was about to turn on the engine when Yoona turned to stopped her.

 

"Can you stay, please? I mean it's our first night as a couple and you're already in my apartment. I want to spend the rest of the night with you." A cute pout is apparent on Yoona's face while she's begging for her girlfriend to stay.

 

"But I have my last exam tomorrow." Seohyun reasoned even though she likes the offer.

 

"I know but can you leave just like this? I will miss you immediately. Will you also?" Yoona continued to please her. 
 

Seohyun smiled in amusement and she quiet as she thinks of it. At least for a minute only. "Okay. I'll sleep with you." She unbuckles her seatbelt right away.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona's face brightened. 
 

"Yes. I can't resist you either way." Seohyun unlocked the door and stepped out only to be greeted by a tight hug from the doe-eyed, she chuckled and returned the hug.

 

"Thank you, Seohyun-ah." Yoona said with her smile from ear to ear. She pulled back and kisses her cheek. "Let's get back." She announced, holding her hand back and they walk to the lift with giddy smiles on their lips.

 

As they stepped inside the lift, Seohyun's phone rings and she showed it to Yoona. "Seonho."

 

"We haven't told him indeed." Yoona sighs. "But tell him we're back again." But she grinned right away. 
 

Seohyun pressed the answer button and was about to speak when Seonho beats her.

 

[I received an email from NIS. You might check your mail.]
 

Casually Seohyun opened the mail app and she indeed received a letter too. She opened it and reads the attached document. She got quiet but her eyes slightly widened when she reads 'We will be glad to see you back in the office.' 
 

"What is it?" Yoona tried to see the screen of her smartphone but Seohyun closes it right away.

 

"NIS is offering me a job... but the modeling in London is still there." Said Seohyun, staring back at those doe-eyes before her. She wanted to see any reaction from her but she just looked confused. Her heart is now torn between being a model and an agent... again.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun is on top of the world after receiving her certificate in her graduation. Then she can not stop smiling as she waves it to her sister and parents who are calling her name from the guardians' seats. Finally, after almost six years, she was able to get it and she could proudly tell herself and the others that she finished school successfully. It may take more years than it was supposed to be, she doesn't mind it. All hard work has paid off. And she wouldn't be getting where she is right now without her second family's support.

 

Her smile was soon followed by tears when she hugs them and she hears their words like 'I'm so proud of you', 'Congratulations!' and she looks great in a graduation gown. 

 

However, before they can continue the celebration, she was reminded of the final trial of Yoona's battle against the murderer of her brother, she takes off her gown and gives it to her sister, and runs off of the theater wearing a black dress and heels. 

 

"Have dinner with us!" Chung-ah yelled at her. "Tell Yoona!"

 

"Yes!" Seohyun responded loud enough before she completely disappeared in her family's eyes. She heads straight to her car and steps inside right away, driving off in a much hurry. She fixes her hair while she's on the road and keeps glancing at the time. She's late but she knows the verdict will be happening at 3 pm. 

 

Overtaking a lot of cars ahead of her, she keeps getting honks from every vehicle and she could only say 'Sorry, I'm in a hurry', repeatedly.

 

After fifteen minutes, she heard her phone ring. "Seonho." and answered her partner right away.

 

[The supreme court is heavily guarded right now due to media and for the security of the Im as well. You should take the back, I'll meet you there.]

 

"Got that. How's the atmosphere inside?" ask her while she's focused on the road.

 

[Heavy. Yoona's parents are emotional while the court is reading the incidents. We could understand. It's still hard to move on.]

 

"How about her?"

 

[She's calm and supporting her parents. These politicians, they have smug faces on their faces, seem confident the court will be on their sides.]

 

"They'll continue being like that. They aren't in their position if they show their weakness. Keep an eye on the Im."

 

[As always. Mr. Lee is inside too, making sure to be by the family's side. Sooyoung by the way is still on the way. You might meet her.]

 

"Yes, thanks for the heads up." She ended the call just as she turned to a left intersection, a road that will take her to the back part of the supreme court.

 

-

 

"Seohyun-ah!" called out Sooyoung when she spotted her getting off of her car. She approached her and immediately hit her arm. "Congrats on your graduation!" 

 

"Thanks, Soo." Said Seohyun as she smiled and wear her sunglasses.

 

"Looks like you're in a mission?" ask Sooyoung while they are walking to the lift.

 

"Mr. Lee asks us to guard, to make sure nothing bad will happen." explained Seohyun and pressed the third floor of the building. "You know how big this case is."

 

"Right. It isn't even about those politicians but the police as well. Tsk. I'm just glad not all in my station is involved. Just a few of them."

 

"You did a good job too, Soo." Seohyun can't credit everything when the detective has done so much as well. It just happened that they encountered each other along the way. "I think Yoona won't have the courage to investigate this again without your help." 

 

"It was her who wants to open it. I'm just following her orders." Corrected Sooyoung, proud of her friend.

 

"Her parents... it pushes her because of them." Seohyun sighs, knowing her girlfriend's pressure as well to get justice.

 

"Definitely." Mumbles Sooyoung, briefly smiling at the younger lady.

 

The lift reached the floor and they were greeted by securities outside the court trial. A guy approached them and see their identification cards and searched their body to make sure they're not carrying any weapon. After confirming they're safe, they got the access and they walked inside quietly.

 

Seohyun's eyes immediately spotted Yoona and smile a little when their eyes met, which she also copied. She also saw Seonho from the opposite side of the room and sends a thumbs up. 

 

"The court finds all the defendants Mr. Park Yoochun and Mayor Kang all guilty with 80 years of imprisonment." 

 

The moment the verdict was read, Yoona's parents rose from their seats and hugs Yoona tightly as they cried in each other's arms. The other politician that was involved in the case has a lower verdict but they got complaints and got mad here and there that the security had to step in to stop them from getting closer to the Im family. The court got even chaotic when Yoochun snatched the police's gun and pulled the trigger on the ceiling, got everyone squeal, and left the room. Yoona hastily brought her family outside with the security's guide. Seohyun and Sooyoung leave the room as well as they keep their eyes on the family, while they're moving to the lift.

 

-

 

While driving behind the police car that's guarding the Im family's car, Seohyun noticed the people on the side of the street, holding placards that support the Ims. Everyone is shouting to give their congratulations to them. There are some also that shouted for every case in the country to have fair treatment.
 

"This case is really giving everyone's courage to come out and shout for their deserving justice. It's inspiring them to voice out." Sooyoung is happy to see people out there. She has seen some of the cases that were junk, she can't blame them but she hopes this is the beginning for the country's justice system to be corrected and take responsibility according to the law not basing on people's privilege.

 

"True." Seohyun can't agree more. If only she can help them one by one, she wouldn't mind.

 

A few minutes later, they have lost all the people and continue their ride to the Im's residence. It is a smooth drive and no headache as there isn't any much traffic on the way. 

 

Then suddenly Seohyun received an unknown call. She just casually answered it. "Hello?"

 

[Seo Joohyun, right?]

 

The voice got her surprised, knowing it well. "How'd you get my number? And how can you call right now when you just got your sentence?" She slightly raises her voice in disbelief that startled Sooyoung next to her.

 

[Yeah? I got the privilege, remember? Listen, I just want you to know that this isn't over.]

 

"What do you mean?" She gritted her teeth and tightened her hold on the steering wheel.

 

[Look under your seat.]

 

Seohyun complied and gasped to see a bomb is attached underneath. "How dare you-"

 

[The moment you leave your seat, it will explode. But here's another thing, you can't also stop the car. The bomb will explode if you stop it. Congratulations on your graduation!]

 

" YOU!" She curses angrily.

 

[HAHAHAHAHAHA GOODBYE.]

 

"What's going on, Hyun?" Ask Sooyoung worriedly when Seohyun put away her earpiece.

 

"There's a bomb under my seat, Soo." Informed Seohyun as she began to think of a way on how to stop it from exploding but it's definitely impossible. She can't stop the car nor leave her seat to stop it. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter