Chapter One: The Clone

two of a kind

Felix stared in shock at the person next to him. How did they look exactly alike? Was he some sort of clone?

"No," Felix muttered to himself. "This can't be." He was still staring at the person to his right in a sort of awestricken way. He slowly reached out his hand to touch his face. He felt human.

The person next to him groaned. Felix quickly pulled his hand away because he didn't know if this person was dangerous or what.

About two minutes passed and Felix was still staring at the other person, who was starting to wake up. He looked cute as he awoke, letting out a slight yawn and making the cutest facial expression, wrinkling his nose like he had just smelled moldy cheese. Felix allowed himself to chuckle a little, but then the nervousness once again engulfed him, as well as curiousity and even a little fear. He still didn't know how this person got in his bed and how he looked exactly like him.

The identical broke the silence and Felix's train of thought when he yawned again. He was really waking up now. He eventually gained full conscious and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes. Felix just stared at him while he awoke and the identical jumped when he saw Felix. He muttered something that Felix couldn't exactly interpret, but he assumed the identical was asking what the heck was going on.

"Um." Felix didn't know what he should say.

The identical just stared at Felix, and asked again so he could understand, "What's happening?" He was speaking a little louder than Felix preferred.

Felix hesitated. "My name's Felix, and I think you're my clone."

"A clone? How am I a clone?" The identical asked, basically screaming.

Felix sighed and shook his head, saying: "I don't know. And also, please be more quiet. I wouldn't want the others finding out about you. Not yet, at least."

"There are others here?" The identical asked, finally keeping a good volume.

"Um, yeah. There's Chan and Minho and Hyunjin and Binnie-"

The identical cut Felix off by saying, "Okay, I get it. There's a lot of other people here."

Felix wondered what else he should tell his presumed 'clone'. He finally thought of something that he should have already asked: his name.

"Um, may I ask for your name?" Asked Felix.

The identical hesitated to reply. "I'm... also Felix."

Makes sense, why didn't I consider that? Felix thought. He asked the other Felix another question by saying: "Do you shink we should make nicknames for each other?" The other Felix just looked confused.

"You know, so it won't be so awkward?"

"Oh," said the other Felix. "Maybe I could be Lixie?"

"Yeah, sure! It sounds cute!" Lixie broke eye contact with Felix and blushed. Felix smiled at him.

"I'm not cute," said Lixie. He seriously had no idea how much he souned like an immature five-year-old when he said that.

"It's not nice to lie, Lixie," said Felix, giggling slightly.

"Stop it right now or I'll slap you right across the face and it'll hurt," said Lixie childishly.

Felix hugged Lixie very overdramatically. "You are cute," he said. "I already told you, it's not nice to lie." Lixie hesitantly hugged him back and blushed lightly.


"Here, put this on," said Felix, holding out a shirt and pants for Lixie to change out of his pajamas into.

Lixie blushed at him deep red. "What?!"

"No, no, no, not like that," said Felix. "There's a bathroom right there." Felix pointed to the bathroom door.

Lixie grabbed the clothes walked to the bathroom, still blushing and embarrassed. Dang it, Felix, he thought. Why do you have to embarrass me? He walked into the bathroom, closing the door so he could change. Felix stayed in his room and hugged his pillow, thinking about things he coukd ask Lixie and developing theories on how he could have got into his bed. Most of them were pretty far-fetched, but the whole situation itself was pretty odd to say the least.

Felix's head shot up as Lixie came out of the bathroom. He was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and black jeans which made him look about a thousand times cuter. Felix wanted so much to hug him and feel his lips on his own, but he immediately cleared that thought away as he remembered that he already had a boyfriend: Changbin. That reminded him of his dream and he buried his face in his pillow.

Lixie saw Felix and walked up to him, asking, "Is everything alright?"

Felix hesitated. "No... Er, yes. Everything's fine," he replied. "I just thought about... something. I had a bad dream last night."

"Oh, I see," said Lixie. He sat down next to Felix and rested his head on his shoulder. He was kind of surprised at how fast they had formed a bond, but when he thought about it, they were the same person. Of course they had a bond.

Felix wraped his arm around Lixie and they started discussing basically everything they had ever known. Eventually they heard a creaking sound coming from the floorboards. Somebody else had woken up. Felix assumed it was Chan, but really it could be anyone but Seungmin.

Felix looked at Lixie nervously. "Lixie. You need to hide," he said softly.

"Why?" Lixie asked.

"Whoever just got up," Felix said. "I can't have them seeing you. Not yet, at least."

Lixie opened his mouth in protest but then looked down to his feet. Felix was right. How would he explain to the others about how some random clone of himself had randomly appeared in his bed? And that would be especially hard because neither of them even knew how it had happened, thus making it even harder to explain.

Lixie sighed and looked Felix in the eyes. "Where do you want me to hide?"


Felix was so hungry he could eat a horse. He was so hungry that he could probably eat multiple horses, in fact. He went to the kitchen where he saw Hyunjin scanning through the fridge, and greeted him. "Good morning," he said.

Hyunjin turned around and saw Felix. "Hey Felix," he said back. Hyunjin's voice sounded rather raspy and he had dark circles under his eyes. Felix assumed he didn't get a very good night's sleep.

"Hyung, did you sleep alright?" Felix asked. "You look tired. Very tired, in fact."

Hyunjin sighed. "You know, to be completely honest, I couldn't sleep at all."

"Why?" Felix asked curiously.

"Bad dream," Hyunjin said after a little hesitation. Felix was intrigued. He remembered the nightmare he had right before he woke up to see Lixie, his clone.

"Hyunjin, may I ask what happened in your dream?" Felix asked.

Hyunjin gave Felix a nasty look. "Mind your own buisness, you weirdo. All I remember is that it was bad. Are you happy now?"

Felix gave Hyunjin a nasty look in return. "In fact, no, I'm not happy," he exclaimed. "I was only asking you what happened in your dream and you got all crappy with me."

Hyunjin looked back at Felix and he truly saw how tired he was. He looked worse than just a few minutes ago and Felix realized that his tiredness was probably what made him act so crappy. He seriously looked like he was about to pass out; he'd been awake for roughly a whole day.

"Hyung, you need to get some sleep," said Felix. "You have to be tired."

Hyunjin sighed but then nodded. He walked to the main room and collapsed onto the couch. He'd be out for awhile. Felix took this opportunity to grab a light breakfast for himself, plus a little bite to eat for Lixie. He brought the food into his room and shut the door quickly since everyone else would be waking up soon. He got down onto his knees and looked under his bed to see that Lixie was still there and let out a sigh of relief.

"I got you breakfast," Felix exclaimed, handing Lixie a strawberry-frosted donut from the small pile of food he had gathered.

"Thanks," said Lixie, stuffing the donut into his mouth. He looked so cute when he ate. Felix watched him while he ate his own breakfast. He was so handsome and beautiful. Then Felix realized that he was calling himself beautiful. I'm dumb, he thought. But he couldn't take his eyes off Lixie.

Eventually they finished eating and Felix said: "Gotta go. See you later."

"Bye," said Lixie.

Felix got up and walked out of his room. He went to the dorm's main room and saw everyone but Seungmin out there. Seungmin was always the last to get up and you'd probably end up dead if you tried to make him get out of bed and actually accomplish something.

Felix looked around the room and caught sight of Changbin and basically ran over to him. "Changbinnie!" He screamed joyously. Felix's nightmare was still fresh in his mind and he was relieved when he saw Changbin.

"Lix?" Changbin said, lifting his head up with a confused tone in his voice.

"Yes it's me!" Felix gave Changbin a huge hug. Changbin blushed an extremely deep red.

"Stop embarrassing me!" Changbin shouted. But Felix could tell he obviously didn't mean it. Changbin loved him, he wouldn't push him away or want him to stop any day.

"No," said Felix. "You're mine and I'll never let go."

At this point, everyone in the room was staring at the pair, and Changbin's face was so red that Felix thought he might actually blow up. Everyone else in the room was giggling, except for Hyunjin, who was somehow still asleep.

"Why don't you two just get mairried and get this all over with?" Jisung asked jokingly. Changbin gave him the death glare.

"Oh, okay. Maybe not," Jisung replied, breaking eye contact with Changbin and then turning around.

Meanwhile Felix came out of the hug so Changbin wouldn't die of embarrassment. Changbin gave Felix a look that read 'Thank God you're finally finished'. Felix gave him a look that read 'You didn't like it?' in return. Changbin shook his head. Felix felt himself tearing up.

"No, Felix. I didn't mean... You can hug me," said Changbin. "Just don't embarrass me, okay?"

Felix nodded and laid his head on Changbin's shoulder. He closed his eyes and Changbin wrapped his arm around him. Felix smiled. He could stay like this forever.