Chapter Two: Hidden Away

two of a kind

Lixie despised everything about hiding. It was so uncomfortable under the bed. Felix couldn't even bother to give him a blanket or something. Lixie kept thinking about all the things that Felix didn't do but then thought about how he had brought him breakfast and how he didn't seem in any way uncomfortable around him. Why am I mad at him, Lixie thought. He's trying to help me.

Lixie tried to think about how else Felix was helping him and just looked at the positive. His position, however, was still uncomfortable. He shifted under the bed but only found himself in an even more uncomfortable position. He had wound up on his side and his ribs felt like they were being crushed by the weight of the bed. But when he tried to move again, he couldn't.

Crap, this isn't good, he thought. If Lixie couldn't get himself unstuck, he'd be in trouble. He tried to move again and succeeded, but only moved about a millimeter. He kept turning his body so that he'd lay back on his stomach but couldn't make that much more progress. His side was really starting to hurt and he was starting to panic.

Please! Somebody! Help me! He thought to himself. He couldn't say it out loud because then all the others would find out, but he hoped Felix could somehow read his mind. That was who he needed right now.

A few hours passed and Lixie was starting to lose hope. His ribs felt like they had shattered and both his legs were asleep. Felix hadn't come in and checked on him for hours and he was starting to lose hope. What if my legs fall off because they've been numb for so long? What if I'm trapped under here forever? Lixie kept thinking about all the bad things that could happen and started ugly sobbing. What if Felix never comes back?


"WHY IS THIS CHICKEN SO SPICY?!" Felix screamed, frantically looking around for something to save his burning tongue.

"Just drink something!" Chan shouted.

Felix caught sight of his water and gulped it down at lightning speed. "It's not working!" He screamed. Seungmin, who was sitting right next to Felix tried to calm him down and told him not to think about the spiciness. It wasn't exactly working.

Once Felix had stopped dying, him and everyone else left the resturaunt they were at.

"That was a very enjoyable experience," said Woojin, giggling. Felix shot him a glare.

"Hey, I was just joking," said Woojin after Felix gave him the glare.

The nine of them hopped in their car and Chan drove them all home. On the drive home Felix remembered about Lixie and how he hadn't had lunch yet. He immediately felt bad as he should have checked on him earlier. Dangit Felix, what if something bad's happened to him?

The drive home took about fifteen minutes and Felix felt like a horrible person the entire time. Not only because he hadn't checked on Lixie, but also because he was dumb enough to have eaten that spicy chicken. He felt like an idiot for eating it; he knew he couldn't handle spicy food and yet he had ate it anyway.

When they finally got back home to their dorm, Felix ran to his room quickly and said he didn't feel good, hoping the others wouldn't suspect anything weird about his behavior. When Felix got into his room he closed his door and immediately heard the sound of Lixie's soft crying. He looked under his bed and saw the tears streaming down Lixie's face, and then noticed how odd his positioning was.

"Lixie, are you all right?" Felix asked, reaching his hand under his bed so he could touch Lixie.

"I thought I was gonna die," Lixie admitted softly, speaking through his tears.

"Lixie, don't be rediculous," said Felix. Lixie just stared back at him with a serious look on his face.

"Oh," Felix said realizing that Lixie wasn't joking. He tried to lighten the mood by saying, "But at least I'm here." Lixie just sobbed.

"Lixie, I didn't mean to-" Felix sighed. "Do you need me to help you? You look stuck."

Lixie stopped sobbing and nodded, refusing to make eye contact with Felix. Hafter Lixie had nodded, Felix crawled under the bed and grabbed hold of his waist. Lixie blushed a bright red. Felix smiled at him and somehow got Lixie unstuck. For a good thirty seconds they were just laying out in the middle of the floor, Felix still hugging his waist and Lixie still blushing. Lixie decided to hug Felix back and in return Felix just hugged him more aggressively. Lixie winced at how tightly Felix was hugging him and he let go. But Lixie's arms were still wrapped around Felix. They stayed in the awkward position for about another thirty seconds.

Eventually Lixie and asked, "Felix, could you lay me on the bed? I can't feel my legs." Felix gently lifted Lixie up off the floor and laid him on the bed.

"You look tired," Felix said out of nowhere. Lixie looked confused.

"Just get some rest. You're probably all worn out because you've been crying and there hasn't been any blood flowing in your legs." Felix felt a stab of guilt when he said the word 'crying'.

Lixie sighed and said "You're right," letting himself get comfortable on the bed. Felix got on the bed and laid down next to him, wrapping his arms around his waist once again. Lixie smiled.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door and Felix heard the familiar voice of Changbin. "Felix, can I come in?" He asked. Felix was lost for words. Changbin let himself in after a few seconds with no response and froze when he saw Felix and Lixie together ob the bed. His jaw had dropped, and after a few seconds he finally managed to say, "Who- wh-what the hell is going on here?!"