Chapter Five: Sixteen Eyes

two of a kind

Lixie felt like an idiot for not paying attention to how long Felix had been gone for. He felt like an idiot for not hearing everyone yelling at him. He felt like an idiot for realizing what was going on when it was already too late.

"So," said an unfamiliar voice. "Where might Felix keep his clone?" Lixie shivered as he heard these words.

"Just search the room," said another vice. "I'll look in the closet."

In the closet. Lixie began to panic and tried to think of where he could hide before that person opened the door but it was too late. The door opened and revealed a face he had never seen before. It was Chan. He stared at Lixie for a few solid seconds before calling the others over to the closet. About two seconds later, seven more guys just popped into the closet. Lixie looked down to the ground so he didn't have to make eye contact with them, but he could still feel them staring at him.

"What happened to his head?" Someone asked.

"Well hell I don't know!" Another person responded.

"Probably has brain damage," said a third voice.

Lixie snapped his head up so fast that it probably should have been painful. "You know, it's not nice to make rumors about people," he said. Everyone just stared at him speechlessly and then turned their heads to one of their own, who happened to be Hyunjin, and his face turned bright red in embarassment.

Suddenly Chan cleared his throat to grab the others' attention and he asked, "Um, may I ask what happened to your head?"

Lixie hesitated. He felt weird taliking to someone who wasn't Felix and was anxious and scared and everything all at once and he had to pull himself together in order to speak again. "I- I fell," he finally managed to say. "And I hit it." Lixie didn't mention that he fell out of Felix's bed because he knew that one person in particular wouldn't be too terribly thrilled hearing that part of the story. That person was Changbin, Felix's lover.

"Are you all right?" Chan asked. Lixie nodded.

"Good," Chan responded.

There was yet another long pause, but then someone finally finally spoke up: "Hey, um... I have a question, too." It was Woojin.

Lixie looked back up to make eye contact woth Woojin. He gave Woojin a sort of attentive look that read: 'Go ahead, I'm listening'. Woojin got the signal and nodded at Lixie. "So I was just wondering... What would we call you? Are you Felix, or... Not Felix?" He asked.

Lixie took in a deep breath and pushed back his anxiety. "Well, um, technically, I am Felix. But you can call me Lixie. In fact, please call me Lixie."

"Okay," said Woojin. "Um... I feel like I'm supposed to say something but I don't know what to say."

"Um, you did just say something," said Lixie. Woojin looked confused.

"Nevermind," said Woojin.

There was a long pause and everyone looked at Lixie. "What?" He asked. "Is there something you want me to tell you?"

Everyone stayed silent for about twenty more seconds, and someone spoke up, saying: "I don't know. I think we're all amazed that there's like... two of you."

"Yeah, Minho's right." Lixie looked at the person who spoke and recognised him as the guy who walked into Felix's room the night before right before he passed out. Lixie shook his head to clear the thought from his mind and listened to what else he had to say: "We're all just kind of amazed that you're like... Felix's clone or whatever. None of us really thought it was possible. And yet, here we are."

Lixie nodded as he realized how odd it must be for there to be two Felixes.

"Hey Lixie, I have a question for you." It was Jeongin who spoke.

"Okay," Lixie responded.

"Are you human?"

Lixie froze for a second. "Of course I'm human!" He finally said.

"That sounds exactly like something a non-human would say!"

"Jeongin, hush up," said Chan. "He said he was human so therefore, he. Is. Human."

There was a long, awkward pause and Chan broke it by saying: "Woojin, could you go fetch Felix for me?"

Woojin nodded. "Of course," he said, rushing out of the closet and runing out of the room. After Woojin went to get Felix, the others just kept asking Lixie stuff about how he ended up here and who his favorite Twice member was for some reason. And he answered 'I don't know' to almost all of those questions.

About thirty minutes passed and they got absolutely nothing accomplished.


"Felix?" Woojin asked as he walked into the main room.

"Go away, Woojin."

"Lix, I am NOT leaving you. Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I was mad that you were keeping secrets and also a little confused. Because come on, if I told you I had a magical clone, wouldn't you think I'm insane, too?"

Felix wiped tears from his face. He'd been ugly sobbing earlier.

Woojin wrapped his arm around Felx. "Please don't cry. Dangit, I know I was a... a moron but please don't cry."

Felix wiped his tears again. "Why are you here?"

"Chan wants you to come see Lixie. It's pretty awkward in there and we kind of need you."

"So you didn't come to apologize."

"Lix, I really am sorry, I just..." Woojin trailed off.

Felix let out a sigh. "If Chan wants me, then let's just go."

Felix and Woojin both stood up, walking over to Felix's bedroom so they could see Lixie.

"Oh, you're here," said Chan with a tone of bounciness in his voice as an attempt to lighten the mood. It didn't work. Felix sat down on the bed next to Lixie. While he was alone with Woojin, the others had shifted into the main part of the bedroom onto Felix's bed.

When Felix sat down, he said: "Get out. All of you. Except Jisung and Changbin."

Everyone hesitated for a moment and then got up without saying a word, exiting Felix's room like he had rold them to. Everyone left, that was, except for Changbin and Jisung.

"So... Uh, what did you want to tell us?" Changbin asked.

"I'm sorry," Felix said, holding his head down.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?!" Jisung asked.

Felix took a deep breath. "I'msorrybecauseyouhadtoseemebeanawfulperson."

"Enunciate," said Jisung.

"I'm sorry because you had to see me be an awful person," said Felix.

"You're not an awful person!" Lixie blurted.

"Yeah, you're not awful, what makes you think that?" Changbin asked. Jisung simply nodded at what Changbin said.

"Because you both saw me with Lixie."

"FELIX I AM RIGHT HERE," Lixie basically screeched. Felix looked down at his feet.

"Lix..." Said Changbin, attempting to get Felix's attention. Felix lifted his head slightly so he could look Changbin in the eyes.

"Why do you think you're so awful?" Changbin asked.

"BECAUSE YOU AND JISUNG SAW ME BEING HORRIBLE WITH LIXIE!"

"You are NOT horrible!" Said Jisung. "You're an amazingkindloving person."

Lixie basically his himself under the covers because he absolutely did NOT want to be part of this conversation anymore, and Felix said: "You're just saying that because you're my friend."

"I am absolutely NOT just saying that because I'm your friend," said Jisung, getting up from his posistion on the floor to give Felix a hug. Changbin, too, git uo and hugged Felix, and even Lixie hugged him awkwardly from his position under the covers. Felix buried his face in Changbin's neck and hugged him and Jisung both back (but not Lixie because his position was too awkward for Felix to give him a hug).

"Felix, if you ever, ever feel bad, just tell Changbin or I, all right?" Jisung whispered.

"Or Lixie," Lixie piped in. "You can always tell Lixie."

Felix nodded at Jisung, even though Lixie had ruined the moment.

"I'll tell you," Felix whispered softly. Then, Changbin suddenly felt something wet trickle down his neck and he realized that Felix was crying. He lightly pat his back to comfort him and assured him that everything was okay.

After about ten minutes or so, Jisung and Changbin finally pulled out of the hug and Felix gave them looks of thanks. Jisung decided it was time to go, giving Felix a pat on the shoulder and then getting up to leave. He waved to him goodbye and then walked out the door. Changbin stayed and Lixie decided this was a good time to stop hugging Felix. And right as he did, Changbin once again wrapped his arms around Felix and leaned in for a soft kiss. Lixie buried his face under the covers again as Felix accepted the kiss, then turning into a full make-out session. Lixie was now very glad he decided to hide his face in the covers.

When Changbin and Felix were finally done making out, Changbin got up and left without saying goodbye and Felix collapsed onto the bed.

"Felix," said Lixie from under the covers, "I'd really prefer it if you didn't make out with Changbin while I'm around."

"Shut up," said Felix, lifting up the covers and placing his hand on Lixie's mouth. Lixie grabbed Felix's wrist and pulled his hand off his mouth, then making Felix lightly slap his own face.

"Why are you hitting yourself?" Lixie asked as he repeatedly made Felix slap himself. Felix started giggling and he his pinky finger, then sticking it in Lixie's ear and giving him a wet willie. Lixie basically screeched, which only caused Felix to start giggling even harder.

The two of them laughed with each other for hours until they realized how hungry they were. It was about one o'clock and they were starving.

"Felix?" Lixie asked softly. "Can we eat?"

"Uh... Yeah, of course," Felix replied, getting up. Lixie had taken Felix's mind off all the stuff that had gone on earlier and now that he had to go see them again only made him feel awful again. Lixie saw how Felix's face changed as he realized he had to see the others again and got up from his position on the bed to hug him from behind.

"Thanks," Felix whispered, right before Lixie let go. Felix walked over to the door to open it, and then walked out. Lixie hesitated.

"What'cha waiting around for?"  Felix asked from the doorway.

"Sorry. This is just... weird," Lixie replied.

Felix nodded. It must be weird for Lixie to exit his room for the first time. He'd been in the bathroom and the closet before, but those were technically still part of his room.

When Lixie finally stopped hesitating and walked out of the room, he and Felix walked into the kitchen to see Hyunjin doing the dishes.

"Hey Hyunjin," Felix basically whispered as he and Lixie entered the kitchen.

Hyunjin turned around to face Felix. "Hey Felix... And Lixie. I was wondering when you two would come out. We saved some beef fore you in the fridge."

"Okay thanks," said Felix without making eye contact with Hyunjin.

"Thank you Hyunjin," said Lixie. Hyunjin simply smiled and nodded at both of them.

Felix went over to the refrigerator and opened it, pulling out the beef. He walked over to the table with Lixie trailing behind him and plopped his down on a chair.

"Uh... Shouldn't we heat the beef up?" Lixie asked after a few seconds.

"Oh yeah," said Felix as though he hadn't realized that the beef was still cold. "You do that and I'll grab some forks."

"Um okay," said Lixie. He wondered why Felix didn't want to use the microwave and then realized that it was closer to Hyunjin than all the drawers (where he assumed the silverware might be). Then Lixie realized he had no idea how to use a microwave. He didn't say anything though, and instead just walked over to the microwave, opening it and stucking the beef in, and then pressed about every single button to see if it worked. It didn't.

"Do you need some help with that?" Hyunjin asked, noticing Lixie struggle with the microwave.

Lixie turned to make eye contact with Hyunjin. "Yeah," he admitted, nodding his head.

"All right. Let me see. Beef?" Hyunjin observed as he shifted over to where Lixie was standing.

"Yup. Now can you tell me how to cook it?" Lixie asked.

"Oh yeah," said Hyunjin, having already forgotten that he needed to help Lixie. "Just press the button that says '소고기'."

"Okay," said Lixie, pressing the beef button.

"Now press the '시작' button."

Lixie pressed rhe grewn start button and gazed in awe as the microwave started up. He'd never seen one before let alone see one work.

"Lixie, have you never seen a microwave before?" Hyunjin asked, seeing how awestricken Lixie was. Lixie shook his head no.

"Hm. Weird," said Hyunjin. Lixie shot Hyunjin a look that read: 'Um, excuse me you doofus! The last time I checked I was anything but weird!' Hyunjin allowed himself to smile at Lixie's look.

As the microwave beeped, Lixie jumped and looked around to see what the beeping was. "What's that?! It's very beepy."

"That's the microwave, silly," said Hyunjin, opening up the microwave and pulling out the container of beef, handing it to Lixie. "It'll beep at you to say that the food is ready."

"Oh okay I guess that makes sense," said Lixie.

"Also," said Hyunjin before Lixie could leave, "have you really never seen a microwave before?"

"Nope," Lixie responded. "But I am only two days old."

"Really? Only two days old? But you're like, full grown!"

"I'm a clone, Hyunjin. Not a baby."

"Well... All right. I better get back to doing dishes anyway."

"'Kay, bye," said Lixie, walking all the way back over to the table where Felix sat at. He plopped his down on the chair next to him and set the thing of beef on the table. Felix handed him a fork and began to dig in without saying anything. Lixie, too, started devouring the beef, but about a hundred times more barbarically. By the time they were finished, Felix had only eaten about a fourth of the beef and Lixie had eaten the other three fourths.

"You eat like an animal," Felix muttered.

"I do?" Lixie asked.

"Yup."

There was an awkward silence between the two for awhile as they just sat at the table for about five minutes after they had finished. That qas interrupted when Jisung yelled so lout you could hear him in China.

"MINHO WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THAT YOU SON OF A-" Jisung and Minho were playing some sort of video game and Minho had killed Jisung.

Then, there was a sudden crash coming from the kitchen. "DAMNIT!" Hyunjin yelled. He had finished cleaning dished and had started putring them away when Jisung yelled, causing him to drop the plate on the floor, making it shatter.

"What just happened?!" Jisung basically yelled, turning in the direction of the kitchen. Minho, Felix, and Lixie all looked in the direction of the kitchen, too.

"I dropped a plate and it shattered," said Hyunjin. "And I wouldn'tve dropped it if you didn't yell like that!"

"Well I'm ​​​​​​sorry, mister princess," said Jisung snarkily. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, Jisung. Now let me clean this up." Hyunjin started to walk away from the shattered glaas to grab a broom and dustpan, but landed his foot right on a sharp piece of glass that impaled his foot. Hyunjin shrieked in pain.

"On second thought," said Hyunjin, "yes, I am hurt."

"Uhhh I'll get the first aid kit," Felix blurted suddenly when no one was saying anything. Minho and Jisung both stared at him as though they hadn't realized he was there.

"Well then gat me thw dang first aid kit!" Hyunjin yelled. He was still mad, of course, that Jisung had made him deop the plate, and obviously in pain.

Felix shot up out of his chair and ran to grab the first aid kit. He came back a second later and ran over to Hyunjin, opening up the first aid kit and seeing what there was to help him.

"Tweezers," said Hyunjin.

"What?" Felix asked.

"TWEEZERS! I HAVE A SHARD OF GLASS IN MY FOOT USE THE GOD DAMN TWEEZERS!"

"Okay, okay, okay, geez," said Felix, pulling out a somewhat large pair of tweezers. He yanked the piece of glass from Hyunjin's foot and fell backwards. Hyunjin screamed bloody murder.

"DAMNIT FELIX THAT HURTS!" He shrieked.

"I'm sorry! But how else was I supposed to get the glass out?!" Felix shrieked back.

"What the heck is going on here?!" A new voice yelled. It was Woojin, who had suddenly popped out of his room.

"Hyunjin hurt his foot," said Felix flatly.

"AND IT'S ALL JISUNG'S FAULT!" Hyunjin added.

"NO IT'S NOT!" Jisung defended.

"Okay guys, slow down for a sec," said Woojin. "How'd Hyunjin hurt his foot and is he okay?"

"A plate," said Hyunjin after evening out his breathing for a few seconds. "I dropped a plate."

"And are you okay?" Woojin asked once again.

"Yeah, I... I'm fine," Hyunjin managed to spit out. "But it hurts."

"Well I think Felix'll handle that for you just fine," said Woojin. "Now Jisung, how is it your fault that Hyunjin dropped the plate?"

"Well I- I kind of yelled at Minho when he killed me in Super Smash Bros." Jisung swallowed. "And I called him a son of a... You know. And then Hyunjin dropped his plate because I'd kinda startled him."

"Okay. Lixie, Minho, do you have anything to say about this?" Woojin asked.

"I think we're both kinda just in states of shock," said Lixie. "We have no idea what to say."

"Yeah," said Minho. "We're still kinda taking in what just happened."

"Well," said Woojin, "before we say or do anything else, let's pick up all that broken glass." Everyone nodded and went over to where Felix and Hyunjin were and helped them pick up the glass. Felix finished his job on Hyunjin's foot and wrapped it in a bandage.

"Okay guys," said Woojin, grabbing everyone's attention. "I think you should all try to work this situation out and also try not to be so loud. Because I'm trying to relax and Changbin is trying to write a song. And if Chan, Seungmin, and Jeongin come back early, I don't think they'd want to come home to all of you guys screaming at each other."

"Okay," everyone replied, nodding. Woojin then turned around and headed back to his room where he'd collapse on his bed and forget everything that had just happened. Once Woojin had left, everyone made their apologies like he told them to.

"I'm sorry Minho for yelling at you," Jisung satrted. "And I'm sorry for making you hurt yourself, Hyunjin."

Hyunjin held his arms out to give Jisung a hug. Jisung leaned in and wrapped his arms around Hyunjin, and Hyunjin wrapped his arms around Jisung. Then Minho joined in and hugged Jisung from behind.

Once Jisung and Minho both pulled out of the hug, Hyunjin said: "I'm sorry Jisung for yelling at you. Even if you did make me drop the plate, I still shouldn't have gotten all mad. And I'm sorry to Felix and Lixie for being rude to you earlier."

"You're totally fine," said Felix. Jisung and Lixie both nodded. "You couldn't help yourself. You just let it slip."

Hyunjin smiled as a sort of 'Thank you for accepting my apology' and yanked Jisung, Felix, Lixie, and Minho, too, in for a huge group hug.

"I- I'm sorry for basically avoiding you earlier, Hyunjin," said Felix while being smooshed in the group hug. "And I- I'm sorry for not telling yo u guys about Lixie. I just didn't know how and just wasn't ready."

"You're totally fine," said Hyunjin. "Heck, if I were you, I would've avoided me, too. And I would've probably kept Lixie a secret, too."

Felix tightened his grasp around Hyunjin after recieving forgiveness and buried his face in his chest. He said a small, muffled 'Thank you'.

 It was now Minho's turn to apologize. "I'm sorry for killing you in Super Smash Bros, Jisungie," he said.

"It's okay," Jisung replied. "That's what's Super Smash Bros is about anyway, isn't it? I shouldn't have even gotten mad in the first place."

Minho smiled softly after being forgiven by Jisung. He leaned in for a soft kiss and Jisung accepted, then pulled out after about two seconds.

"I guess I'm sorry, too," said Lixie. "I'm sorry for existing."

"Don't say that, Lixie!" Hyunjin whispered. "I'm glad that you exist. I think you're a really nice guy!"

It was pretty reassuring to Lixie to hear something supportive from someone other than Felix. He was really starting to doubt himself for about two seconds there.

"Well I'm glad that you exist, Hyunjin," said Lixie. He and Hyunjin both smiled.

The five of the kept hugging for awhile until they decided it was time to stop. Jisung helped Hyunjin to his feet and guided him to his room so he could lay down and relax on his bed.

"Try not to put any pressure on that leg if you don't have to," said Jisung.

"All right," said Hyunjin. "Could you bring me my laptop, please?"

"Hyunjin it's literally on your nightstand," said Jisung.

"Oh yeah!" Said Hyunjin, grabbing it from his nightstand and opening it up. "Now shoo."

Jisung walked out of Hyunjin's room and plopped his down on the couch in the main room. He then laid down on the couch, only to get attacked by a wild Lee Minho.

"Minho stop," said a muffled Jisung when Minho sat right on his face.

"What's that? You need to speak up," said Minho jokingly.

"GET OFF ME!" Jisung yelled from under Minho's .

"Whatever you say, Captain!" Said Minho, getting up off Jisung so he could breathe. He then started to slowly walk towoards his room.

"No Minho wait!" Jisung hollered. "Come back!"

"Oh now you want me to sit on your face?" Asked Minho, smiling.

"No!" Said Jisung. "You can sit your smelly down on the actual couch and I can lay my head on your lap."

Minho smiled and went back over to Jisung who lifted his head up so Minho could sit his down. Then Jisung laid his head gently on Minho's lap and gazed up at him.

"Love you," said Jisung.

"Love you, too," said Minho. Both boys smiled at each other. Minho lifted up Jisung's hand and kissed it lightly.

Jisung smiled and blushed lightly. "Should we watch something?" He asked softly.

"Okay, like what?" Minho asked in return.

"I heard about this one baking show called 'Nailed It!' and it looks pretty funny," said Jisung. "And can you grab me a blanket?"

"Sure," said Minho, grabbing a blanket that was on the floor next to the couch and handing it to Jisung. "Do you want the remote?"

"Yeah," said Jisung. Minho handed Jisung the remote and lrt him find 'Nailed It!' on Netflix. Jisung clicked on his profile which said 'Squirrel' and found 'Nailed It!' in his list. He clicked on it and started the first episode, which happened to be about marriage.

As the episode played on, Minho and Jisung just enjoyed themselves and laughed whenever the people on the show did something dumb or funny.

"Hey Jisung, do you wanna watch another episode?" Minho asked after the first episode was over. All he got in response from Jisung was a small snore. Somehow he had fallen asleep.

"Oh, okay," said Minho when he realized that Jisung was asleep. "I guess not."

Minho didn't get up from his position on the couch because he didn't want to wake up Jisung, so he just let himself get comfy. About thirty minutes later, Jisung stirred.

"Hey Jisung, are you waking up?" Minho asked. Jisung shifted and let out a small moan in return. Minho allowed himself to giggle.

Jisung let out another moan and said, "Hungry", all right before opening his eyes to see a bright and smiling Minho.

"You're hungry? Do you want some food?" Minho asked softly.

"I want noodles," said Jisung, rubbing his eyes. "Ramen noodles."

"Whatever you want, babe~" said Minho, getting up and rushing into the kitchen to make some ramen noodles. Jisung sat up and turned the TV back on. He watched 'Nailed It!' while Minho made ramen noodles.

"Jisung I'm finished!" Minho hollered once he was done making the noodles. Jisung shot up from his seat and hurried into the kitchen. He hugged Minho from behind and made them both smile.

"Let's pray that you didn't mess these up," said Jisung.

"I don't think it's humanly possible to mess up ramen noodles, Jisung," Minho replied.

"We'll see about that." Minho handed Jisung the bowl of ramen noodled and followed him over to the table where they both sat down. Jisung immediately slurped some of the ramen noodles without using any sort of fork or chopsticks and gagged.

"Minho, I think you've done the impossible," he said. "I think you've ruined ramen noodles."


a/n

i'm sorry that it took forever to update and that this chapter was so long! i just got a spark of creativity so here we are. also, i wanted to focus a little more on the other members in this chapter since all the other chapters have basically only been felix and lixie. and i'm also sorry that the ending might have been a litte abrupt or that my writing style has kind of changed. but anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter just as much as the others! bye!

-moon