Baby - 15 weeks

Oh My Baby--ies!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to all mom!ELFs out there! You're all amazing and I hope you enjoyed your day ^^ Happy Mother's Day. 
PS - kind of a boring chapter with lots of medical terms but don't worry. There's no angst in here :)

Donghae and Hyukjae entered Dr. Rominov's office and found three different couples in the waiting room. Donghae went straight to the receptionist to check themselves in for their appointment while Hyukjae looked for an open seat that was furthest from anyone in the room. He wrapped the loose sweater he stole from Donghae's side of the closet around himself and used the hoodie to cover his face as he kept his head down trying his best to avoid attracting any attention. He was able to spot an open seat by the corner of the room and didn't hesitate to take it. Hyukjae blended himself so well that by the time Donghae finished with the receptionist it took him a good minute to spot him. 

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked as he took the available seat next to him. "You look like you just committed a crime. Why are you mushing yourself with the wall?"

"Ssh!" Hyukjae shushed him and made a quick glance at the other guests before further pulling his hoodie to cover the side of his face. "Keep your voice down."

Donghae chuckled quietly and whispered closer to Hyukjae's ear. "Is this better?" 

Hyukjae scowled at Donghae's joke and pushed his face away. Donghae laughed at his reaction and wrapped his arm around Hyukjae's shoulders and pulled him close. He placed a kiss on top of Hyukjae's hoodie and ignored the way the other tried to jab at his side in an attempt to hurt him. Placing the blame of Hyukjae's weird quirks on his hormones has made it easier for Donghae to ride out the unpredictable wave of annoyance and displaced anger the other has been going through the past few weeks. 

"Lee Hyukjae?"

Hyukjae's eyes widened and kept his head low upon hearing his name get called. Donghae had to cosciously refrain himself from rolling his eyes as he encourgaed Hyukjae to get up from his seat. 

"Lee Hyukjae? Are you here?"

"We're here!" Donghae answered and put a little force to get Hyukjae up on his feet. 

"Ah- aish! Yah, be careful." 

"Yes, yes. Always." Donghae nodded his head for Hyukjae to go with the nurse who smiled at him and patiently waited by the door. 

"Hello, Mr. Lee. Dr. Rominov will see you in room 5."

Hyukjae and Donghae both gave her a quick nod of acknowledgment as they followed after her to the assigned room. The nurse opened the door for them as she filled out the chart by the exam table. Hyukjae took his seat on the patient table while Donghae sat down on the side to quietly observe. 

"Okay, Hyukjae-ssi, I'm just going to do some quick examination before Dr. Rominov gets here. I'll be taking your temperature and blood pressure then I'll let him know of your arrival." Hyukjae nodded blindly to what she said but Donghae could tell from his face that there was more going on in his mind. He bit the inside of his cheeks and chose to wait for the nurse to leave before walking over to his husband. "98.4. Temperature is normal. Now, just extend your left arm and I can take your blood pressure." 

Hyukjae did so like a robot. This time, the nurse noticed as well the anxiety on his face. 

"Is everything okay? You're looking a little pale."

"Huh? Oh- oh, uhm, no...I-I mena I'm fine." Hyukjae stuttered then sighed trying to force himself to relax. "I'm just- today was the first day we've left our daughter alone. I-I mean, of-of course she's not alone!" Hyukjae felt his breath hitch at his mistake and closed his eyes to mentally kick himself for being stupid that she missed the fond smile that appeared on the nurse's face. "I-I would never leave my baby alone. She's with my brother and-and his partner. They're taking good care of her...I'm pretty sure. May-Maybe I should check in on them..." Hyukjae's eyes widened as he realized he has yet to call them since leaving the apartment. Overwhelmed with worry, he looked at Donghae in panic as he thought of Seowon's cries from earlier. "Hae! We have- We have to call them! Video call Leeteuk hyung now and make sure Seowon's okay!"

Donghae sweatdropped in place seeing Hyukjae fuss around with the nurse that he wasn't sure whether or not he should apologize to her for his husband's behavior.

"Hy-Hyuk, I'm pretty sure Leeteuk hyung is doing fine with her." 

Hyukjae glared at him and Donghae silently gulped to keep himself from visibly cowering at Hyukjae's predatory eyes. 

"Oh my-" the nuse gasped catching both Hyukjae and Donghae's attention. "Uhhm...may-maybe we should wait a minute before I take your blood pressure again." She nervously said as they all looked at the numbers on the machine that had her flustered. 

180/90.

She removed the blood pressure cuff off Hyukjae's arm and made a quick side glance at Donghae.

"Uhm..while we're waiting, maybe you should give your daughter a call," she said as she inched closer towards the door. "It might help calm your husband down a bit. I'm gonna go get him some water and see if that can help as well." 

As soon as she made her exit, Donghae sighed and pulled his phone out from his back pocket. 

"You can be so scary sometimes," he commented while dialing Leeteuk's number.

Hyukjae hmphed and crossed his arms together in protest. "I am not. I'm just worried about our daughter. Is that so bad?"

Donghae smiled and walked closer to him just in time for Leeteuk to answer his video call. "Of course not," he told Hyukjae just as he placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. 

"Egh! Did you really have to call me to show me that? As if we don't get enough PDA from you two on a regular basis."

Hyukjae ignored Kangin's comment and grabbed the phone from Donghae's hand. "Kangin hyung! Where's Leeteuk hyung? How's Seowon doing? Is she still crying?"

"Hyukjae, you left like thirty minutes ago. If she's still crying, your neighbors would have called the cops on us already."

As though sensing Hyukjae's growing agitation to see his daughter, Leeteuk took the phone away from Kangin and showed himself on camera carrying Seowon in his arms.

"Ignore him, Hyukjae. He's been completely useless today."

"Yah! What do you mean useless?" Hyukjae and Donghae both watched Leeteuk roll his eyes at Kangin's complaining voice behind the camera. "I helped you heat up the milk and picked out her change of clothes."

"Do you really think that's the same as feeding her or changing her diaper?"

"I told you I could've taken the trash out when you were done!" 

"The trash can was empty!" 

Kangin and Leeteuk's argument was interrupted by the sound of Seowon's babbling as she reached forward for the phone the second she noticed Hyukjae's face. The latter was obviously happy that she recognized him and immediately waved at the camera. 

"Hi baby!" Hyukjae cooed and smiled brightly when Leeteuk readjusted the phone so he could have a better view of her. "Are you okay? Is Leeteuk samcheon taking good care of you? Are you having fun?" 

"da-da ma-aah babababa," she babbled in response. 

Despite the incoherence of Seowon's words, Hyukjae's heart still melted hearing her voice. Specially when she pulled her head forward so close to the camera that the only thing he could see was her forehead then her hair. Donghae watched their daughter play on camera then averted her eyes to Hyukjae and smiled seeing how happy his husband looked watching their daughter. 

"Appa misses you a lot too. We'll be home soon, okay? I love you!" 

Seowon giggled loudly and clapped her hands together, barely missing hitting Leeteuk's face if  it wasn't for the latter's quick reflexes and ducking his head away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter