Baby - 16 weeks

Oh My Baby--ies!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was sound asleep and enjoying his dream of playing with Seowon when he suddenly felt like falling out of nowhere followed by an immediate feeling of pain as his entire body fell flat on the floor. He gasped awake then looked left and right trying to find the culprit who pushed him off his bed only to be met by Hyukjae's hard deadly glare. His initial feeling of annoyance quickly disappearing as he gulped quietly and tried to chuckle as an attempt to lighten his husband's obviously sour mood. 

"H-Hey baby...how-how are you feeling?" 

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes at Donghae before grabbing the latter's pillow and throwing it at his face.

"YOU JERK!" Hyukjae yelled then turned around to get up, only to fumble back down as he struggled to find his body's balance. Donghae pouted and whimpered to himself as he hugged the pillow Hyukjae threw at him close to his body and watched his husband stand up from the body. Already prepared for the morning tantrum that's about to come. "Look at this!" Hyukjae pointed at his stomach to which Donghae beamed at proudly. "I'm starting to balloon because of you!" 

"Hyuuukkie~," Donghae called childishly. "You look beautiful. Radiant. Amazing! Why are you so upset that our baby is growing inside you?"

"I'm not upset about that, you idiot." Hyukjae hissed and held his stomach with his right hand while grabbing his pillow with his left and weakly throwing it at Donghae's pouting face. "I can't fit in any of my clothes anymore!" Hyukjae sighed and growled lightly at Donghae's sweatpants he had to borrow the night before. 

"I told you I can go clothes shopping with you."

"Are you insane? Why the hell would I go out looking like this?!" Hyukjae walked towards the closet and opened Donghae's side to grab a random white shirt that he knows fits loosely on his body. "I'd lock myself up in the house before I let anyone else see how fat I got."

Hyukjae felt Donghae's arm snake around his waist and despite the extreme annoyance he felt upon waking up that morning, he couldn't deny that feeling Donghae's warmth against him was also extremely comfortable. He leaned against Donghae's chest and let the other hold him. Hyukjae tried to ignore the fact that Donghae was petting his stomach like some sort-of pet since he knows he's probably more excited to see the twins that he is. 

"I already told you, you're not fat." Donghae whispered to his ear then placed a quick kiss on his neck. "You're the most beautiful," he placed another kiss to the base of Hyukjae's neck, "most handsome," another kiss to his shoulder, "and most attractive person on the planet." He placed a long deep kiss to Hyukjae's left cheek then slowly turned the other so that he could look the other directly in the eyes. "You'd attract attention even without this baby bump on you that's why I have to always have my guard up to make sure no one steals you from me."

Hyukjae couldn't help the half-smile that  showed on his face hearing Donghae's words. Feeling overwhelmed with sudden affection for the other, Hyukjae pushed Donghae's face away from him so he could go check up on their (surprisingly) quiet baby today. 

"Enough with the cheesy words and go make breakfast." Hyukjae was out the door already but then quickly peeked his head back in the bedroom just to narrow his eyes at Donghae and waving a warning finger at the other. "Don't even try with the smoothies today. Not unless you want me to throw up all over you." 

Donghae's eyes just grew wide at Hyukjae's threat as he watched his husband disappear. It seems with each passing day, Hyukjae's weird habits only got weirder and he wouldn't put it pass him to go through with his threat. Shuddering at the image of his husband throwing up all over him, Donghae decided it was best to search on the web the best breakfast he could make for someone in their second trimester. Hopefully, Naver or Google can help him find the answer that will appease Hyukjae. 

The latter on the other hand had already forgotten all about Donghae the second he entered their daughter's room. He opened the door quietly and peeked his head in, careful not to wake her by accident, only to grin widely when he saw her looking up at her baby mobile and cooing softly at the spinning toy above her. Hyukjae's heart melted at the sight and felt a huge desire to hold. 

"Good morning, Seowonnie~" he called out to her effectively catching her attention. As soon as she heard his voice, Seowon's head turned then flipped onto her stomach at the excitement she felt upon seeing Hyukjae. Her small hands grabbing at the bars of her crib and using all her strength, she pulled herself up so she could stand on her feet then excitedly bent her knees up and down, her small frame's attempt at jumping, excited for Hyukjae to finally pick her up. "How's my baby girl doing today? I missed you." Hyukjae cooed and left eskimo kisses all over her face before dropping a real one on her cheeks. 

Seowon loved the attention and laughed while tilting her head back that Hyukjae had to support her neck to make sure she didn't fall. He laughed with her and cradled her close to his chest, swaying her body along with his, as though they were dancing, and walked her out of her room. 

"Donghae Appa's making breakfast today. Do you want to go see him? Did you miss Appa Hae?" Hyukjae's high pitched voice was making Seowon laugh and each time he heard it he felt his heart swell. "What's that? You only want me? I'm your favorite Appa?" Hyukjae giggled at his own joke and held Seowon's hand with his thumb and forefinger, her hand reflexively gripping his tight, and continued to dance their way to the kitchen. "I know.  We should go tell Appa Hae that I'm your favorite so we can make him super jealous." 

Seowon tilted her head to the side before falling down on Hyukjae's shoulders as she babbled and made incoherent noises with . Hyukjae just smiled completely content at hearing her voice when something he felt something weird happen. He stopped at the corner of the hall and held Seowon closer to him when he felt it again. It was uncomfortable and slightly painful but Hyukjae's fear was that he might drop Seowon. 

"H-Hae! Donghae!" He yelled for the other while using both hands to hold Seowon. He leaned his shoulders against the wall and closed his eyes trying to ignore the weird feeling inside his body. He felt the strange tingle run down his spine again and this time he called for Donghae's name louder. 

Hearing Hyukjae's panicked voice from across the room, Donghae immediately turned the stove off and ran to where he was. He was surprised to see such a pained expression on Hyukjae's face and was quick to be by his side. 

"Hyuk! What's wrong? What's going on?"

Hyukjae didn't say much and handed Seowon to Donghae. "T-Take her. I- I don't feel well."

Donghae took Seowon into his arms but his eyes remained on Hyukjae. Seowon, completely unaware of what was going on with either of her parents, was surprised to suddenly Donghae. She reached her hand out to touch Donghae's face and made a loud shrill shout to express her happiness. Donghae took a moment to look at his daughter and smiled seeing her in such a good mood and placed a quick kiss on her forehead. 

"Good morning, baby." He said to her then looked back at Hyukjae with worried eyes. "Should I call the Doctor? What are you feeling?"

"N-No." Hyukjae said while taking in repetitive deep breaths. A deep inhale through the nose then slowly out the mouth. He did that three more times before slowly getting back on his feet and showing Donghae a small reassuring smile. "I'm-I'm okay, Hae." His hand went to his stomach and suddenly felt a strong feeling of connection in his chest. "I'm okay." 

"Are you sure? That looked painful. Maybe we should call Dr. Rominov for consultation."

"No, really, Hae. I'm okay." Hyukjae reassured him again, this time sounding more firm and convincing. "I just...I think I felt our babies move." Hyukjae held Donghae's free hand and placed it on his belly. "It was just a tingle but I-...I think it was them, Hae. I could feel them moving." 

Donghae's eyes widened and even though he couldn't feel what Hyukjae was feeling, he could tell by the look on Hyukjae's face that he truly felt something. The range of emotions he went through within a minute span was incredible. From worried, to surprise, to incredibly elated. It was a lot that he couldn't just contain it inside his body. Donghae was so overwhelmed with happiness that he ended up throwing Seowon in the air and catching her. 

"Did you hear that Seowonnie? Your baby brothers are excited to see you too!" Seowon laughed and giggled each time she was lifted in the air and Hyukjae couldn't help but laugh along with them seeing both of them look so happy. 

"Yah, meongcheong-ah, stop throwing her up in the air like that unless you want spit up on your face."

"Huh?" Sure enough, as soon as Donghae stopped throwing her in the air, Seowon ended up letting out a loud burp followed by white milk spit up that ended up goinn all over Donghae's shirt. "Ah! Ahh...Seowonnie...this is Appa's workout shirt."

Hyukjae smirked and ended up stealing Seowon back from Donghae. 

"Good job, my angel. That'll teach Donghae appa to wear his tight muscle shirts around us when I have to wear his stupid large shirts now that I can't fit into any of my regular ones."

"aahh...bababa. ah-pp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter