Baby woes

Oh My Baby--ies!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Seowon has been with Donghae and Hyukjae. It's also been two weeks since the two of them last got a decent night of sleep. No matter what they did all she wanted to do was play, cry, and eat. Putting her to sleep was always little bursts of miracle in their day as they would use that chance to take turns taking a nap. They were lucky to get two hours in before she would start to cry for their attention once again that would have them immediately running by her side and carrying her around in their arms.

Now, at 2:30 in the morning, Hyukjae and Donghae were both dead tired and frantic as Seowon continued to cry very loudly in Hyukjae's arms. 

"Sshhh...come on, Seowon-ah, it's okay." Hyukjae said while lightly dancing around trying to calm her down. He looked over at Donghae, who was sitting next to her crib, eyes closed and head dropping down every now and then, an obvious sign that the latter was falling asleep. He scowled and harshly kicked his leg to violently wake him up. "Yah! How can you sleep right now?!"

Donghae groaned and rubbed his eyes tiredly. He looked up at Hyukjae groggily and was completely unfazed by his husband's glare. His only attention was on Seowon who's face was stained with her tears and frowned. "Why is she so upset?"

"I don't know!" Hyukjae continued to rock her and was starting to feel a little overwhelmed that he couldn't calm his baby. "I tried giving her her bottle but she doesn't want to drink it. I've changed her already and even tried cradling her the way she likes but she still won't stop crying."

Donghae was completely sympathetic to Hyukjae and decided to give his husband a break. He stood up and very gently took the crying Seowon from his arms and gave Hyukjae's pouting lips a peck before turning his attention to the crying baby in his arms. "Why are you crying, Seowonnie? Our pretty baby should be sleeping by now." He cooed while lightly jumping her in his arms. 

Hyukjae watched helplessly and felt a little lightheaded. He didn't pay too much mind to it and forced himself to pay attention to Donghae and their daughter. His hand grasping onto the side of Seowon's crib and held it tight so that he could keep himself up on his feet. 

Donghae noticed Hyukjae's fatigue and pursed his lips together. He supposed Hyukjae's been taking care of Seowon more lately due to his piling projects. Seowon's cries slowly calmed down and he took that as his chance to lie her down in his arms and hopefully cradle her back to sleep. While doing so he nudged Hyukjae with his shoulder in order to get his attention. 

"Try to go and get some sleep," he coaxed while looking down on Seowon's face and smiled when he saw her eyes slowly fluttering shut. She was still sniffling a little and had minor hiccups but at least she wasn't screaming anymore. "I'll put her to sleep tonight."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Donghae leaned forward to give Hyukjae another comforting kiss and encouraged him to go to bed. "Get some rest tonight. I got this."

Hyukjae was thankful because he really wasn't feeling well. He reached out and squeezed Donghae's arms before he looked at their daughter and smiled seeing her eyes already closed. Very carefully, he caressed her hair very lightly then placed a small kiss on her forehead before leaving the room to get some sleep. He just hoped that he wasn't catching anything because Seowon wasn't scheduled to get vaccinated until next week. 

Donghae walked around the room and opened a window to let the fresh air help keep Seowon calm. He looked down on her sleeping face and lightly brushed the back of his finger over her soft cheeks. Now that things were calm and quiet, he could feel his exhaustion lessen the more he looked at her. 

"Our Seowon, you look so peaceful when you're sleeping." He said to her in a whisper trying not to wake her. "Don't give Hyukkie Appa such a hard time. He feels really bad whenever you start crying and I can't have the two of you cry at the same time." He giggled when he remembered Hyukjae cry the first time he couldn't calm Seowon down. It was such a heart-wrenching and funny moment because Hyukjae was really worried that that was a sign he was a bad parent. "Seowonnie should be happy. I promise both Appa will love you so much and do our best to keep you happy." Donghae leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead before turning around to walk back towards her crib. 

Donghae made sure to cradle her still while placing her down inside the crib. He watched over her for a few seconds before tiptoeing his way out of her room and back with Hyukjae. He even left her door open as to not create any unnecessary noise that might accidentally wake her up and climbed over the bed he shared with Hyukjae. The latter was already fast asleep on his side so Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's waist and pulled him close. Almost immediately, he could feel some more tension around his shoulders loosen as he held Hyukjae in his arms. He closed his eyes and smiled contently feeling Hyukjae's warmth against his skin. 

The quiet in their house lasted for a good twenty minutes before Seowon's cries was once again heard over the baby monitor. Donghae and Hyukjae both groaned out loud and they both slowly got out of bed to go check on her. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Wow - you look terrible." Leeteuk commented as soon as Donghae opened the door.

"Come in, hyung." Donghae's tired welcome was evident as he kept the door open so that his guests could just let themselves in. He dragged his feet back to the living room where Hyukjae was feeding Seowon her lunch. Leeteuk and Heechul both shared a sympathetic look seeing Donghae drop himself on the sofa with his arm over his eyes while Hyukjae tries to play with Seowon while feeding her. 

"Are you okay?" Heechul asked seeing Donghae's drained look. It was like all of his energy had just been drained out of him. 

"I'm fine." Donghae mumbled then slowly fell on his side so that he could see Hyukjae and Seowon closer while his husband fed her. Even though completely tired from staying up all of last night, he was still able to muster up a smile seeing Hyukjae's wide gummy smile as he fed their daughter her applesauce. 

"This place is a mess." Leeteuk said looking around the toys, blankets, and dirty clothes that was all around the apartment. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." Hyukjae sheepishly looked at his brother and let Seowon play with the rubber spoon after she finished her food. "I've been meaning to clean up a little but we've just been so busy trying to get Seowon settled and used to her new environment that I just haven't had the time. She's been crying a lot."

Heechul could tell that the last part has been bother Hyukjae quite a bit and tried to comfort him. "Well, she's a baby. Of course she cries a lot."

Keyword. Try.

Leeteuk sighed and sat on the floor next to Hyukjae and tried not to grimace too much when he got closed to Donghae. "Ugh-umm...when was the last time you two got the chance to shower?"

Donghae pondered the question in his head and when he couldn't think of the answer, swiftly sat up on the couch and smelled himself. He made a face when the stench of his clothes was strong even for himself. "I guess i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter