Baby thoughts

Oh My Baby--ies!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was fast asleep, drool stainining the side of his face as he slept with his mouth open. Seowon refused to go back to sleep so he was up until 3:30 in the morning trying to lull her back to sleep. By the time he walked back in his and Hyukjae's room, the latter was already on his side fast asleep. 

Now, three hours later, he was woken up by the sound of his husband retching his guts out in the bathroom. His head throbbed a little from the lack of sleep but the need to check on Hyukjae was much stronger. He fought against his desire to go back to sleep and pushed himself off the bed to go to the bathroom and check on Hyukjae. 

Donghae found his husband sitting on the floor wiping the sides of his mouth as he flushed down the toilet. He looked quite pale and exhausted so early in the morning that it worried Donghae quite a bit. 

"Are you okay, Hyukkie?" 

"Y-Yeah," Hyukjae answered his voice a little raspy from all the vomiting he's been doing. "I can't wait for this sickness to go away."

"Did you take the pills Dr. Kim gave you? He said that should help with your morning sickness."

"I took one last night." Hyukjae informed him while rinsing his mouth. "It's just the cinammon scent in Seowon's room churned my stomach so much I couldn't hold it in anymore."

Donghae was surprised since Hyukjae was the one who picked out that scent for her. He really gravitated towards it when they were shopping to prepare for her room and said it kept him calm and at peace so he hoped it would do the same for her. Donghae hid his worry for his husband well as he gently patted Hyukjae's back in his attempt to soothe him. 

"Do you want me to make you some ginger tea?"

Somehow, just thinking of ginger had the scent invading Hyukjae's nose which was enough to trigger his gag reflex. He groaned and heaved over the sink, feeling like he'd throw up again even when he knew nothing would come out. "Please...no more ginger."

Donghae chewed on his lower lip and could only watch Hyukjae struggle sympathetically. "I think we should call Dr. Kim back and get you that appointment as soon as possible."

Hyukjae looked at him at the mirror then turned around to look at him face to face. "Are you sure about this?"

Donghae looked at him confused. "About what?"

"I mean..." Hyukjae chewed the inside of his cheeks and looked down almost ashamed to bring it up. "We...We just got Seowon. She's barely gonna be three months and...and we don't even know what 'this' is even about." Hyukjae covered his stomach with his hand and stared at it completely missing the confounded look on Donghae's face. "The doctor could have made a mistake. This is probably a mistak-"

"Stop." Donghae said cutting him off. "Don't say that."

Hyukjae looked up at him, tears already b in his eyes and Donghae quickly realized what Hyukjae must have been feeling in the moment. It was obvious that the latter was feeling vulnerable and afraid, and to be honest he was too, a little bit, but he needed to show Hyukjae that he wasn't gonna go through this alone. Donghae pulled Hyukjae in his embrace and kissed the top of his head. 

"We'll do this one step at a time. We'll call Dr. Kim and set up the appointment then after that we'll listen to what the other Doctor will say, okay?"

Hyukjae smiled hearing Donghae so calm and collected. It was rare for Donghae to have his mature moments and, if he was being honest, he finds it kind of hot. Unfortunately, before Hyukjae could relay that information to his husband, Seowon's cries was heard through the baby monitor and faintly through the open door of their bedroom. Donghae gave another long hard kiss on Hyukjae's head before he squeezed his arms and pulled away. 

"I'll go get her," he told him and walked out the bathroom missing the pout and longing look Hyukjae sent his way. "Should I make breakfast?"

Hyukjae scrunched his nose and made a face imagining Donghae's avocado-filled-mixed-berries smoothie in his head and gagged. "No!"

~+~+-~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Dr. Rominov's office. How can I help you?"

"Uh...Hel-Hello," Hyukjae started nervously. He glanced at Donghae who was carrying Seowon in his arms bouncing her around and kicked his upper lip trying to get the courage to speak to the other person on the phone. "My-My name's Lee Hyukjae. Dr. K-Kim said you'd be expecting my call?"

"Oh. Can you say your name one more time?"

"Yeah. Um, Le-Lee Hyukjae."

"Okay, Hyukjae-ssi. Please hold."

The sound of classical piano played through the phone as Hyukjae waited for the receptionist to get back to him. His anxiety was on high alert with each second passing as he unconsciously rubbed his belly with his free hand. He felt silly doing it since physically he couldn't really tell or feel much difference but somehow just the thought, the possibility that he was carrying life inside him was enough to make him worry and giddy at the same time. He wondered if this was a normal feeling or if it was because of their special situation. 

He heard Donghae making fake dinosaur growling noises and looked over to see him on the play mat with Seowon on her back and him hovering over her. He was making silly faces at her and the sound of her giggling resonated in the room followed by Donghae's own laughter. Hyukjae smiled seeing the two of them having so much fun and the sight before him just made his heart swell.

He's always known that Donghae would make an excellent father.  Part of the reason why it took him so long to confess to the other was because he knew Donghae wanted to have children at some point in the future and that he could never give that to him. However, now, seeing him carry Seowon around the living room, even without the pregnancy issue at hand, he knew that whatever happens from here on out, the two - no, the three of them would be okay together. 

"Hello?" A deep voice with an accent came through the phone. Hyukjae snapped out of his thoughts and shifted his attention back on the call. 

"Y-Yes! Hello!" He grimaced a little at the loud greeting he made. Hyukjae cleared his throat and adjusted his voice to a more proper volume. "S-Sorry. Hi, yes. This is um, my name is Lee Hyukjae."

"Yes, Hyukjae-ssi. This is Dr. Rominov. I heard about your, um, situation from Cheonye. How are you feeling?"

"Um, well, there really hasn't been much change." Hyukjae told him trying hard to think if there's been a change in his situation since yesterday. "Dr. Kim gave me some pills for my nausea which helped me sleep through the night but it didn't last very long."

"Yes, unfortunately morning sickness is just a given side effect of pregnancy. You'll definitely have it worse since your body is not used to the hormones your pregnancy will produce."

Hyukjae shifted uncomfortably at the mention of the word pregnancy. He still couldn't quite wrap his head around it. "Uhm...D-Doctor, how-how sure are you and Dr. Kim that I'm pregnant?" 

The other line went silent that Hyukjae had to look at his phone screen to make sure that he hasn't been disconnected. "H-Hello?"

"Yes. I'm still here, sorry. I was just looking at your chart." Hyukjae heard some pages getting flippined over before the doctor started speaking again. "Well, Hyukjae-ssi, according to your HcG levels...I'd say you're about...well, you're about two weeks pregnant already."

Hyukjae's eyes widened and his hand instinctively went back to his stomach once again. "W-What?"

"Of course, I would need you to come in so I can better assess your situation. There's so little study done on this and we can't really treat this like a normal pregnancy. Will you be able to come in tomorrow?"

Hyukjae looked at the calendar and saw that it was the day that they were supposed meet the new crew for the new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter