SEVEN

Enemies from the past
Please log in to read the full chapter

UNWORTHY.

 

Sehun went scowling at that and retreated his hand from Chanyeol - as if he was burning when he touched him longer.

“You talk too much, Park Chanyeol.” he gritted through his teeth. 

“I will get out when I want to.” his eyes went sharp on the other guy and Chanyeol stood still in front of him, smirking with the smug look and placed his hands inside the pocket, somehow acting nonchalant. 

“And when will that be? Because I really don’t appreciate you being here.”

“First, your mother and now you? Get a life. Don’t mess with my - ” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “ - Jihae.”

Sehun went frowning at that - hearing the words from Chanyeol. 

Mother? 

Jihae went sighing, tugging Chanyeol by the arm and his eye twitched at that, disliking that she went touching other man so easily and even more annoyed when he saw her pleading face at Chanyeol.

That makes the man sighed in defeat and lowered his guard a bit and Sehun just stared at Jihae’s hand that was placed on Chanyeol’s arm. 

“I presume you send out the final report to me. I’ll view it and get back to you soon. Please have a nice flight to Seoul.” Jihae said in one breath - using her textbook tone and Sehun scowled at that.

Before she gave a curt bow and tugged Chanyeol along with her, leaving him all alone at the hallway and have the secretary looked at him - not knowing what to do and Sehun grew irked once more.

Knowing that she was with Chanyeol.

Something was definitely messed up in his mind. 

He hated her for playing with him, and swore that he wouldn’t be getting close and let down his own pride, but - seeing her with another dude besides him, irked something inside him that makes him bubbled angrily. 

His jaw clenched and unclenched as he sauntered away from the building office, leaving Jihae with Chanyeol in her office and he huffed out loud at that. 

He lit on his cigarette, inhaling the intoxicating roll as his lips trembled at the thought of her and Chanyeol. 

She said his name while she was sleeping - Chanyeol knew - that means they have slept together. 

That means they are serious enough. 

Sehun knew he shouldn’t be believing the business gossip when they went saying how Jihae and Chanyeol were just a close friends and nothing more - when he had searched for Jihae the moment he recognized her from the London news. 

Gosh. 

Why does the thought of her being happy with another man, makes him annoyed to the core? 

Was he jealous?

How can he be jealous when she bluntly confessed how she was just using him and practically left him for a stack of money?

How can he be jealous when she doesn’t even love him in the first place? 

How can he be jealous when he already have Joohyun by his side? 

And after he had sworn to focus on Joohyun as she was being such an angel, while Jihae was being such a devil the past years. 

He had thought Jihae broke up with him for something that he had done. Maybe he hurt her or anything.

But, knowing that she just left him for money, makes his stomach sick and he hated it - making him feel like he was a low life and have no value than just a few numbers of money that could be bought. 

Sehun went throwing the cigarette and heaved a low gruff, before clacking his tongue in displeased as he stared at the office building.

Was he that low if he wanted her to leave Chanyeol and come back to him again? 

He groaned at that - feeling his mind was messing up with his emotions once again.

And have his guilt eating him alive when he saw Joohyun smiling brightly at him when he had arrived at their hotel room.

She had packed everything up, and was ready for their flight to Seoul and Sehun swallowed hard at seeing her innocent face. 

Truthfully, Sehun doesn’t know why Joohyun would be falling in love with him. Someone who was still living in his past and hurt badly because of it. 

But, she did. 

She loves him.

During his study in the States, Joohyun was the only person who bothered to talk to him, despite his cold demeanour and sharp tongue. 

Because they are both Korean in a foreign country - she would say to him, when he had asked her why she bothered with him. 

And Sehun liked her presence - soothing him in every way that’s possible. 

Unlike Jihae - whom he had loved passionately and strongly, Joohyun was more like falling into a calm water - deep, fluid and easy to move around. 

She was patient and calm and Sehun found himself in her - like she had hold a piece of him within herself. 

“How did it go?” she blinked happily at him from their hotel bed and Sehun just leaned down to her lap, letting her chuckled and soothed on his hair.

He wanted Joohyun to be by his side, but his mind kept thinking about Jihae.

He shouldn’t be wanting her after what she had done to him.

But...

“It’s fine.” he said. 

He needed to talk to his mother. 

Joohyun let her fingers combed on his hair. “Was it really fine though?”

“Yeah.” he lied. 

 

 

 

 

“So...you are telling me that...Sehun, that guy - ” Chanyeol pointed to the door of Jihae’s office, where they had been the last 15 minutes. “ - is your boyfriend?”

“Ex boyfriend.” Jihae corrected, sighing from her seat as she stared at Chanyeol who was pacing around in her office after she had told him about who Sehun was. 

And weirdly - he seemed ecstatic. As if not believing what he had heard, but never mind on it. 

“So - ” Chanyeol looked at her straight in the eyes. “ - you’re telling me that you’re not a lesbian?”

Jihae automatically frowned at that, looking at Chanyeol like he had grown another head. “Where the hell did you get that idea?”

Chanyeol blinked at that, seemingly baffled but nevertheless answered her. “Well, a lot of rumors had been circulating.”

“I mean, you always rejects every guy that tried to court you,” Chanyeol then, had his eyes widened - as if remembering something. 

“...and you also fired your secretary because she was busy with her boyfriend - I thought you had a crush on her or something and got jealous - ”

Jihae frowned at how ridiculous his words were. 

“ - the point is - ” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “ - you’re not...a lesbian?”

She wanted to laugh at that - she really do, but she was so tired from the small meeting of Chanyeol and Sehun earlier that she didn’t have any energy left to spend.

“I’m straight.” she said simply, and Chanyeol nodded immediately upon that before he stared to his shoes and Jihae frowned at that, couldn’t see his face to know what he was thinking or feeling at the moment. 

“Okay.” he then smiled at her and Jihae frowned even more at that. 

“You’re such a weirdo.” she joked before pointing at her door. “Get out, I need to work.”

He grinned at that, nodding and opened on the door. “I’ll pick you up after you finish.”

She nodded at that. 

“Just call me, okay?”

She nodded again. 

“And if your ex come again, just call me, okay?”

She sighed, glaring at him. “Go.”

He made a kissy face at her and Jihae just chuckled at that.

Before she heaved a heavy sigh and stared at the file on her desk - that Sehun had delivered for her.

 

 

 

 

“Did you have fun with Joohyun in Jeju? Did you send her home safely?”

Sehun

Please log in to read the full chapter