Stolen Heart

Stolen Heart

As Baekhyun starts his car, the rumbling from the loud engine causes you to groan in the backseat, but not enough to wake you up apparently. He sits there for a second weighing his options. Where was he supposed to take you? Clearly you weren’t going to let him know where you lived. He could take you to the garage, or to his house but the last thing he wanted was something happening to you while there. The garage and his place weren’t exactly the safest places considering his line of work.
Before he could decide on a place, he hears his phone ringing. Looking down, he sees Kai’s name flashing on the screen. Letting out a small groan, he answers his phone.
“What?” he snaps.
“Hey man, sorry to do this. Can you do a quick drop for me? I’m in desperate need of something.“ he says, trying to muffle the giggle of a girl in the background.
“Yeah sure, whatever” Baekhyun huffs. “Text me the address” he says before hanging up, not giving Kai the chance to respond. Once his phone lights up again and he sees the address he figured Kai would be there. Turning his head, he looks back at you, still sound asleep, no surprise there.
You infuriated him to no end. He didn’t want anything to do with you, he didn’t have the time. Being with him wasn’t safe in the least and he didn’t know how to make you understand. But he would figure it out, like he always did.
Baekhyun whips his car around, heading to the house Kai was currently residing in, wanting to drop off his drugs as quick as possible.
Once he reaches his destination, he turns his car off, locking the doors after he gets out and checking on you one last time before heading up the pathway and knocking on the door.
Kai answers, looking exhausted and already strung out on something but Baekhyun didn’t have the time to go into details with him, not did he really care enough at this moment.
“Thanks man, I owe you" Kai smiles before Baekhyun turns away, walking quickly back to his car.
As he approaches, he sees the backdoor left wide open, and the backseat empty, with you nowhere in sight.
.
**
You startle yourself awake, sitting up in a empty car that you did not recognize. You slightly begin to panic as you look around your surroundings. You can tell by what you see this wasn’t exactly the safest neighborhood to be in by yourself, but you decided you’d rather take your chances than being in someone’s car you didn’t know, possibly being kidnapped.
Unlocking the door, you stumble your way out onto the side walk, looking to your left and right, trying to decide which direction would hopefully be your safest bet to travel.
Choosing to go left, you walk as fast as you can, while tripping over nothing and having the world spin around you.
You eventually make it to what looks like a main street, with men you can almost guarantee are gang related. You pray as you make your way towards them, hoping to walk past quickly without any issues.
“Hey there, baby girl” one of them whistles, from down the street.
Oh great.
Keeping your head down, you try to walk past the group of men, when you’re yanked back, the grip on your upper arm tighter than it needed to be.
“Yanno, it’s rude to not respond to someone talking to you” the man growls as his friends laugh.
“No, it’s rude to cat-call someone" you snap back, your still drunk state taking over.
“Don’t talk back to me baby” He whispers, leaning in too close for comfort. “What do you say you and some of my friends here have some fun, mhm?” he purrs, his friends moving in to surround you.
A tear slips from your eyes as you try to figure out how you’re going to get out of this predicament you’re in. You almost wished you would have stayed in the strangers car, might have been better than this.
Before anyone could do anything, you all turn your heads to the sound of tired screeching, coming to a hard stop right in front of the group.
The leader of the group, steps forward as whoever was in the car gets out, walking towards everyone. Within a few seconds everyone stiffens up awfully quick, confusing you as to who would be so scary to frighten them all. You move around one of the men, catching Baekhyun’s eye almost immediately.
“B-Baekhyun, what can we do for you" the leader mumbles.
“The girl" he snaps.  “Hand her over.”
“We were just about to have some fun with her" The leader says, turning his head to give you a small wink.
“I think the not” Baekhyun snaps. “If you’d like to remain under the protection of us, I suggest you give her to me before there’s a bigger ing problem"
“What are you going to do about it?” one of the other men chuckles, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you in closely to him.
Baekhyun’s eyes darken in a split second, his fists clenched tight as he moves through the others to the man who has his arm around. Baekhyun turns to look at you, seeing the stiffness of your body and the fear in your eyes.
The man laughs as he looks at his friends, who at him with the look of disappointment, knowing what will come next for him. Baekhyun raises his fist and with one shot swiftly connects with the mans jaw, forcing him to let go of you and stumble backwards.
Baekhyun grabs your wrist, dragging you away from the crowd before turning back to look at the leader.
“He is no longer under our protection. Take care of it, or we will" he threatens before dragging you to his car.
**
The drive with Baekhyun was silent after you had told him your address. He gripped the steering wheel tightly, his jaw clenched and his brows furrowed.
He screeches to a stop in front of your apartment complex, still staring straight ahead.
“Thank you for..” you begin before he cuts you off.
“Don’t.” He snaps, turning to look at you, the anger on his face very obvious. “Listen closely. Stay the away from the races. Stay far away from me, I’m nothing but trouble. Go on living your life, and stay the hell out of mine" he finishes, turning his head back towards the street.
“Okay" you whisper, getting out of his car and walking away.
Baekhyun sighs as he watches you disappear into the building. He didn’t want you to stay away but it was the best for both of you.
You lay in bed that night, thinking of what happened. You didn’t want to stay away from him. You couldn’t put your finger on it but there was something about Baekhyun that had you so intrigued by him. So much so you had to know more. It didn’t help that the thrill and adrenaline of putting yourself in dangerous situations and having him save you was addicting.
You knew you wouldn’t stay away. You wanted to see him again, and a part of you just knew that he wanted to see you again.
Rolling over you grab your phone, that you had finally charged. When you turn it on, you’re bombarded with messages from Lisa wondering where you were and if you were okay.
[12:32am] You: I’m fine. It’s a long story, I’ll explain tomorrow.
[12:33am] Lisa: You better. I was so ing worried.
[12:35am] You: Question for you. Do you know where EXO might frequent, a specific bar maybe?
[12:37am] Lisa: I think I heard something about O’Doul’s. Why?
[12:39am] You: Just wondering. Talk to you tomorrow.
And like that, you knew where you were headed for a drink tomorrow night.