Stolen Heart

Stolen Heart

“Fine. Okay” you huff, finally giving in. It’s not that you didn’t like going out and doing fun things but that you’d heard things about the people who race or attend the races.

“Come on!” Your friend, Lisa yelled. “It’ll be so much fun” she wiggled her eyebrows at you. It had been like this for the last 15 minutes, her trying her hardest to convince you to go with her to the races tonight. The illegal races that usually happen every Saturday night.

Alot of things went on there. You’d never experienced it first hand but you hear about it and it made you reluctant to go. However, you don’t really know unless you see it with your own eyes.

“Really?” She excitedly asks.

“Yes really” you sigh, already regretting giving into her. “What time do they start?” You question. It was almost 7pm, you imagined it would be soon.

“Around 1030 or 11pm” she smiles. Your mouth drops.

“That’s late” you whine. That was what time you normally crawled your into bed. But it was Saturday, you were young, you might as well live it up.

“Let’s go get dinner, then we can start getting ready” Lisa says, grabbing you hand to drag you out of your apartment. This girl, she was always getting you to do things you did not want to do.

By the time you got back from dinner it was 9pm, which gave you about two hours to get ready and that stressed lisa out. Apparently your plans of wearing a tank top and black jeans were out of the question.

By 9:45 Lisa had you tucked into a pair of black high-waisted leather short shorts, a white tank top and a pair of heels.

You groaned at the sight of your outfit. You groaned while she did your makeup, a dark smokey eye with red lipstick.

At the end of it, you stood in your mirror and stared at yourself. You had ay admit, you didn’t look bad. You actually looked rather good.

“Fine, whatever, I look good” you rolled your eyes at Lisa. She just smiled and dragged you out of the apartment, again.

Arriving on the outskirts of town, you were entranced by the sight of everything. The cars, the amount of people, the music. To be completely honest, it was amazing.

You and Lisa get out of the car, making your way to a large group of people standing behind a few set of cars waiting to race. You pay no attention to the men hooting and hollering at you until Lisa told you she would be right back. Then you became extremely aware of your surroundings and how alone you actually were.

You scanned the crowd, you were one to like people watching. You never stared for too long, unless you locked eyes with someone, but that rarely happened.

Until you actually did. With a man. His hair was dark brown, a little longer, covering his eyes slightly. He wore a black leather jacket and semi tight black jeans. He looked good. Wow.

You felt your heart beating faster with every second your eyes were locked with his. His face never faltered.

he was handsome.

You were brought out of your daze by a small slap to your . Looking behind you a man winked at you. “Hey there pretty lady. Wanna take a ride in my car?” A man asked you with a wink. Your only response was to roll your eyes and scoff.

“Don’t be like that baby” he groans. “I just want to show you a good time” he smirks.

“I’m not interested” you say, waving him off with your hand. Trying to ignore him, you scan the crowd of people for Lisa, who still hasn’t come back. Or possibly the handsome stranger you’d just basically eye ed.

“It’ll be fun, I promise” he slurs, grabbing your wrist tightly.

“Let go of me” you snap, attempting to free yourself from his grip.

“Don’t be a ing ” he snarls at you, yanking your body towards him. You try your best to escape him but his grip grows tighter with every move you make.

The man starts walking, practically dragging you behind him. Panicking, you look around for help but nobody seems to notice. Everyone is paying attention to the races that are about to begin.

“Let me go” you cry, continuing to struggle. Desperately you search for someone to help you, hoping maybe the man you locked eyes with before was still around.

He wasn’t.

The man continued to drag you towards and abandoned warehouse, and the panic really began to set in.

“I believe she told you to stop” you hear, as the man haults.

“Ahh Byun, don’t worry about it. We’re just having some fun” he laughs, trying to drag you around Byun.

“Doesn’t sound like she wants to ing go with you” Byun snaps. You look up, and see the angry eyes of the man from before. He looks even more handsome pissed off.

“Mind your ing business” the man snaps at Byun. Your heart begins to race.

Byun doesn’t respond. Instead, he looks to you, seeing the terror in your eyes and sighs.

Before you know it, the man that was once handling you, was laying unconscious in the dirt.

You were free and felt a sense of relief.

“Thank..” you begin before being cut off.

“Don’t come back here” he says to you before disappearing into the crowd of onlookers.

“What the y/n” Lisa says, grabbing your shoulders to face her. “What happened?”

You stare at her for a minute, confused. “You left, he started harassing me and then that guy saved me” you told her, giving her the short version. “Where have you been?”

“I went to get us drinks, and then I ran into old friends and by the time I came back you were gone” she says, looking guilty.

“It’s fine. Can we just go?” You ask.

“Yeah sure, no one is going to believe this story” she exclaims.

“Why not?”

“That was Byun Baekhyun. He doesn’t speak to anyone unless he is selling them drugs. Even then it’s only a few words. He never shows interest in anyone, no matter how many girls throw themselves at him. He’s seen alot of and has never intervened” She says.

If he doesn’t show interest in anyone, why did he save you? What makes you so special?