Stolen Heart

Stolen Heart

Baekhyun dreams of you that night and the next. Sunday night was the worst, as he laid in his bed, he tossed and turns trying to shake the thought of you from his mind. This doesn’t happen to him, he’s not one to step into other peoples business that doesn’t involve him. Although you were different to the other girls he has had the displeasure of encountering. You didn’t throw yourself at them like they usually do. Had he locked eyes with any other woman, they would have tried to do whatever they possible could to get him to take them home with him but not you.

 As his mind wanders, his alarm rings with an almost deafening continuous beep. He rolls his eyes and groans as he slowly climbs out of his bed to get ready and head out to the shop, another uneventful day there, with hopefully a more eventful night. Although it was a Monday, they had collectively as a group decided last night to host a popup race tonight. These usually brought more people out, the people who wanted to blow off steam from a ty first day back at work. They always bought more drugs than necessary from him, not that he was complaining. He didn’t give a about what they did after the purchase, as long as he got his money. 

 Baekhyun groaned as he walked into the front office of EXO Customs, the phones already ringing off the hook. Glancing down at his expensive Rolex, he noticed it was only 8:45am, they didn’t actually open until 9am. How was that a hard concept for people to grasp? Baekhyun glared at the phones as the lights flash, signaling multiple people had been trying to reach the shop. He ing hated answering the phones, but that was the only thing he was really allowed to do. 

 Junmyeon had once compiled with Baekhyun’s request to try to work on cars, being taught by Chanyeol. Junmyeon and Chanyeol were weary, rightfully so as Baekhyun wasn’t the one with the steadiest of hands. That day was a disaster to say the least. Chanyeol had him tightening something on the engine, on a very nice Aston Martin. Chanyeol should have known better than to trust Baekhyun with all sort of tools, especially something that requires a firm grip and the use of muscles. 

 Baekhyun shudders at the memory of celebrating that he fixed whatever it was, his arms in the air, the tool still in his grip as Chanyeol closed the hood of the car. He should have had a better grip on it but as he waved his arms around, the tool slipped from his palm, crashing loudly onto the windshield, cracking it beyond repair.   Baekhyun was sure the vein in Junmyeon’s forehead was going to explode as he shunned Baekhyun from the garage and forced him to pay the $4000 for a new windshield for the car. It took weeks for Junmyeon to look him in the eye without wanting to strangle him. 

He hadn’t been back inside the garage since, not that he was welcomed there anyways. He was only allowed to poke his head through the door to talk to them, they would all glare at him, if he tried to extend any other body part beyond the door.

 That was the unfortunate tale of how Baekhyun would be stuck as a receptionist for the rest of his day time working life. Even though someone else has needed help in the garage and Baekhyun was the only one available, they would figure it out on their own, or wait for someone else to get back. They never allowed Baekhyun to attempt to help again, which was likely for the best. As the clock hit 11am, there still hadn’t been any calls since the phone stopped ringing right at 9am. They must have had all given up and tried somewhere else, and now the place was quiet, other than listening to the men in the garage talk and laugh. 

Baekhyun got up, opening the door a crack before peering his head into the other side of the building, the smell of oil strong. “What’s going on?” he asked, opening the door a little more.

 “Don’t you dare Byun" Chanyeol warned him, pointing his finger. 

 “What? I’m not going to touch anything" Baekhyun groaned as his raised his hands in surrender. 

 “Don’t even try to step into this garage Baekhyun, or I swear to god" Jongin threatened. 

Baekhyun mumbled as he went back into the office, sitting in his chair mimicking the men. Looking at his watch again, he groans. Only 3 more hours of being stuck behind this desk.

 **

 You were tired, tired and angry. What a ty Monday it had been for you. As much as you tried to forget the man that saved you, you couldn’t and it was seriously ing up your work. It’s not like you would really ever see him again, unless you went back to the races that he explicitly told you to avoid, but you weren’t one to listen to angry strangers. Out of curiosity you messaged Lisa, inquiring about the next race, as casual as you could. 

[3:48pm] You: Hey, question. Just out of curiosity, when’s the next race? 

[3:50pm] Lisa: Tonight.. why?

 [3:52pm] You: Like I said, just curious.

 [3:57pm] Lisa: Do you want to come with me? 

 You grinned at your phone reading her last message.  

[4:00pm] You: Yes, but please don’t leave me again. 

 [4:02pm] Lisa: Promise!! I’ll swing by at 9.

 ** 

 As you stare at the clock, your stomach twists and turns. You’d picked out your own outfit for tonight, choosing something simple and more you, a metal band cropped shirt, pair of black ripped jeans and your trusty converse. You knew Lisa would have something to say, but you didn’t want to go tonight wearing the same type of she made you wear last time. Maybe tonight you’d be able to enjoy yourself. 

 Right as the clock struck 9, your doorbell rang before the door swung open. 

“Let’s go " Lisa yelled, walking through your hallway. You rolled your eyes as you grabbed you bag, meeting her before she entered the living room. 

 “Let’s go” you smiled, she gave you a knowing look. She knew you too well, she knew you were up to something.

 “So why did you really want to come tonight?” she asked, turning to head to check behind her before she switched lanes. 

 “I just wanted to give it a second chance" you say, shrugging your shoulders. 

You look out the passenger side window as the lights of the city fade and the two of you drive further into the darkness. The closer the two of you get to the race site, the more your stomach becomes an even bigger bundle of nerves. There is no reason for you to be nervous, you didn’t even know why you were. But in reality, you did. You hoped that Baekhyun was going to be there and you hoped that you got to thank him for the other night. You also hoped he would forget that he told you to never come back to these things.

Getting out of the car, you look around before you. This seems to be so much bigger than the one the two of you were at last time. It was louder, brighter and a lot more people as well. Lisa comes over to you, grabbing your hand before pulling you to one of the kegs. You were never one for beer, but since that seemed to be all they had, you took what you could get. The two of you stood there, and pounded at least 3 beers each before wandering off to watch a few of the beginning races. 

 Lisa stared at one man in particular, an extremely handsome man with purple hair, tattoo’s littered on his arm and more piercings then you can count. She partially giggles as she watches him tuning up his car, twirling her hair in her fingers.

 “Who is that?” you ask nudging her, while nodding your head towards the man. 

“Ugh" she sighs. “That’s Kim Jongin, the iest man alive.” She swoons. 

 “So why are you just staring at him? Go talk to him" you say, nudging her a little more.

 “Me? Absolutely not. He may sleep around occasionally but he always ends up back with one girl, Vixen. And believe me, you do not want to with her" she shivers. 

 Just as you were about to advert your eyes from the scene, you noticed another man who looked a little familiar approach Jongin. Your stomach almost fell out of your as you noticed it was Baekhyun. You weren’t quite drunk enough to thank him, or even show your face, so you quickly dragged Lisa back to the kegs, pouring each of you another drink before pounding it back.

 “Hey baby" you hear another voice from behind you. Another one that feels oddly familiar. Turning around you raise your eyebrow, seeing the same man that had harassed you a few nights ago, attempting to do it again. 

 “Seriously? Again?” you ask.

 “Ahh. I think we got off on the wrong foot last weekend" he chuckled, grazing your arm with his fingertips. 

 “No, I really don’t think we did. You harassed me, and then you got your handed to you for it.” You say rolling your eyes before drinking another cup or beer. You went to fill it up again, but were stopped by Lisa, looking concerned. 

“Slow down. We haven’t even been here 2 hours. Pace yourself” she laughs. 

“Maybe if people like him" you start, pointing at the man who hasn’t gotten the hint yet. “left me alone, I wouldn’t feel the need to drown my disgust in beer" you smiled at her, taking her cup from her hands and downing the content. 

 “Okay. You’re cut off" she giggles, throwing both of your cups away. Looking at the man, you give him the middle finger before you and Lisa stumble away, giggle to yourselves. You both are laughing too much as your walking, you’re not paying any attention and that’s when you run into a rather solid person. The person stays still as you’re jolted back a little bit. Looking up with an angry face, your met with the even angrier eyes of Baekhyun. 

 “So sorry" Lisa says, trying to drag you away from the scene.

 “Its you" you slur, stumbling up to him, poking his chest. “You saved me last time" you finish with a hiccup.

 “I did. I also told you something else" he snapped. 

 “You did. You told me not to come back" you giggle. “But I had to thank you. So thank you mister sir.“ you pout. 

 Baekhyun tries to hide his amusement at your drunken state. “You didn’t have too. How drunk are you?” Baekhyun asks. 

 “I had a few. Lisa.. how many?” you ask, turning your head, only to find your friend had disappeared. “Oh.. well she’s gone now. I had a few too many.. a lot too many” you say, swaying. “I’ll just go ask the guy from last time where she went" you say, thinking it was an excellent idea. 

 “I don’t ing think so.” Baekhyun grumbles as you look like you’re about to lose your balance. He wraps your arm around his neck before swiftly picking you up and taking you to his car. 

“Where are you taking me you angry angry man?“ you mumble, your eyes closed.  

“Where do you live?” he asks but judging by your snoring, he realizes he will not be getting any answers from you. “.” He mumbles laying you in the backseat of his car. 

Pulling out his phone, he makes a call to Junmyeon. “Yeah I’ll be back later. I gotta take care of something” he says before abruptly hanging up. Baekhyun starts his car but before he leaves, he glances back at you, watching you sleep for a moment. 

What the were you doing to him?