▲   do you know how to get away with murder?

     ▲ sterling ridge irregulars ▲ apply open  ( APPLICATION CLOSED )
 
STERLING RIDGE IRREGULARS
how to get away with murder
 
THE BASICS
 
( just as in fyi before we head into the actual cheatsheet. this fic might - leaning towards will - wander into the and m side of things. there will be a warning in the chapter titles, just as a heads up. )

the story is based in 2019 and moves into 2020, age ranges for the characters are from 17 to 26. do elaborate why they either skipped a year or got held back. for example, ruston is currently 25 years old. he played with his willy for 2 years, kept changing his major here and there and only finally settled down with a finance major at 21. he was supposed to graduate at 24 but he ed up and does not have enough credits to graduate. hence why he's still a senior at 25. there are four year levels, freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior. 

you can only have one major or do a double major. the list of majors are:
literature, journalism, english, geography, archaeology, psychology, law, history, philosophy, engineering, bio-med, biology, chemistry, architecture, sport science, nursing, education, communication, finance, commerce, accounting, agriculture, film, photography, theatre arts, computer science, anthropology, economics, sociology, forensic science, business administration etc etc...

because the university of westchester is a prestigious school, only those who are wealthy can afford it. if your character comes from a poor background, scholarships are available. if you have a scholarship, you live in a dormitory that uow provides in the sterling ridge area.  
THE CHARACTER
 
please provide reasons for your character's nicknames so we fully understand the origin of the nicknames. birthplace and hometown can be whatever you decide it to be, based on your character. likewise with languages, have a reason. have at least one paragraph each for style and appearances so we can fully understand what your character looks like. both international and asian face claims are allowed in this fic. 

for personality, have a minimum of four for positive and negative. neutral and other personality traits aren't compulsory but appreciated. in your background, include why your character moved to the westchester county or sterling ridge. a minimum of 8 - 10 lines is required for the background section. pword is whether you would like your character to be the murderer or not. just yes or no would do. format the relationships section however you like, this fic does not require a love interest but if you do want to have one, feel free to include it in the relationships section. lifestyle is basically what your character does on a day to day basis. include your class timetable if you like. 

the fun facts section is basically you likes, dislikes, habits, hobbies and trivia section. you can add social media if you wish to. 
 
THE INTERVIEW
 
you can answer this section in 1st person or 3rd person, up to you. you can change the questions to however you like but keep the basis of the questions how it is. 
 
THE EXTRAS
 
brownie points if you use faceclaims that are underrated. other faceclaims we would like to see are, twice, oneus, loona and chinese faceclaims. including andrew, tatum, william, ruston or veronica to your applications might help too.

if you can't think of anything to write, here are some prompts for you. 
— veronica zhang's best friend
— someone who has a psychology major
— someone who is really into the crime thing but actually has no association to it
— an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend to veronica zhang who people suspect and is trying to clear their name
— someone in the journalism club
— forensic science major 

the taken faceclaims are:
— tom holland as andrew foster
— hyun seunghee as tatum moon
— robert downey jr. as professor haynes
— matthew daddario as c. ruston deluca jr. 
— zhang zining as veronica zhang
— jeffrey dean morgan as police chief miller
 
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
 
i. does my character need to know veronica to join sri?
nope. they don't need to know veronica to join sri. they just need to have an interest in crime solving and want to help find the poor girl.

ii. can i get a tl;dr on andrew and tatum?
yes, you can. we have a blog containing a tl;dr version of all of the pre-existing characters' profile. you can find it here as well as in the links section below.

iii. do any of the siblings ( andrew's or tatum's ) have faceclaims?
they do not. they are faceless, so if you have a perfectly good reason to include them, just let us know and we'll allocate names and faceclaims.

iv. can my character call ruston by his given name, cormac?
absolutely not. ruston hates his given name and prefers it if everybody calls him ruston. the only people that actually call him cormac are his parents. tatum occasionally calls him cormac just to get a rise out of him and andrew rarely if ever calls him cormac, opting to call him junior instead.

v. is this story set in a fictional place?
negative. this story is set in sterling ridge. sterling ridge is in westchester county. westchester county is in new york. new york is in the united states of america. although the university of westchester is fictional, for the purpose of our story. sterling ridge and westchester county aren't the same as its actual counterpart, once again, for the purpose of the story. 
LINKS AND WHAT-NOT