Chapter 6

Sweet Lies

A/N: I already wrote up to chapter 13 in my drafts. I just never had time to upload here. Anyway, enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minho was surprised to see that his first training class was actually a mixed class. He thought that girls and boys would practice separately, because the company would want to avoid them dating and they dance differently as well. Even though Minho wasn’t the only newcomer he still felt weird and awkward. Yuna seemed like a cheerful girl and he was grateful that at least she seemed to talk with him. In the practice room Minho instantly wanted to go to the guys standing next to them, but he quickly called to mind that he currently appears as a girl.

Everyone scatters in the room and Minho made the compromise to at least stand in the line that is directly next to the guys. It seemed stupid to him that the others were standing separated by gender. Usually, Minho would stand in the front row or the second row, because he is confident in his dancing skills and wants to observe the teacher properly. But since it was his first day today, he was too timid to go there and lined up in the back. He gave Yuna a friendly smile when she came closer and took her spot next to him.

“Fighting!” Yuna whispered brightly, making a short fist gesture.

“Yeah, fighting!” Minho replied weakly.

The trainer for today’s lesson entered the room and put his stuff in the corner next to the jukebox.

“Okay, everyone since we have two new trainees, I will make a short introduction and directly after we will start. Can you girls please raise your hands so that I know who you are?” the trainer searched within the rows and the other trainees turned to look at us. I shyly raised my hand simultaneously with Yuna. “Alright” he continued “My name’s James and I am one of the trainers. The basic course right now is one of the few courses that is mixed. We will learn the basic JYP dance routine in this course and trust me, even though a few of the trainees have been here for years and they still haven’t mastered it, so don’t worry you will catch up with the others soon enough. Okay, let’s get started!” James finished and Minho was happy that the whole attention wasn’t on him anymore.

James showed the dancing steps slowly and explained a few details but quickly changed to just practicing the steps with the music playing. The trainer didn’t put on anything special, just the music you would hear on the radio and of course some JYP songs. Minho could follow the steps easily. The steps weren’t very complicated and he had a good memory for dancing steps anyway, but he knew that for this dance routine the details were important. He squinted towards the clock and saw that they didn’t finish half of the course. After about 45 minutes he already memorizes all the steps perfectly and got a little bored. He knew he should concentrate on himself, but his curiosity prevailed and he scanned the others for their movements and how they dance to the basic steps.

Of course the others would be better with the steps, because they knew the steps for a longer time than himself but still, he was a little frightened how perfect some of them executed the movements. Almost everyone was on the level the teachers outside of the trainee business are. He really had to catch up to them in order to make his debut.

They made a short break and Minho stuck to Yuna. She was likeable and a good dancer as well. She was a little younger than him and she didn’t seem to gain suspicion about his identity which made him act a little more confident.

“Do you know anyone here?” She asked looking around the room.

“No, but I hope we get to know the others better. Who knows with whom we might end up together in the end. If we make it….” Minho ended with a gloomy tone, but Yuna didn’t let that feeling prevail and replied in her usual cheerful manner:

“Don’t worry about that, we still have a long time to go! And imagine maybe we end up in the same group! It would be like destiny!” she laughed and Minho smiled. It should’ve been impossible for them to be in the same group, but theoretically it would be possible as of now.

The break was over and this time Minho dared not to stand in the last row and Yuna followed suit. Luckily no one complained that they took a different spot. James the music again and they just kept on repeating the basic dance steps. Throughout the lesson he had to arrange his boredom of the steps with the will to improve his skills. It was his first lesson after all, he didn’t want to leave a bad impression.

Throughout the class he started to sweat more and more. Minho was afraid that his make up would go away and that his manly features came through. But at some point, he forgot about that.

After practice Yuna asked Minho to wait for her, because she had to change clothes unlike him. Minho would be in disguise many kilometers away already. He waited outside the changing room, not wanting to intrude the girls’ privacy. He watched other people passing him when suddenly two handsome guys from his course approached him and startled him.

“Hey! You’re one of the new trainees! I saw you dancing earlier and your dance steps looked really neat already. Did you already practiced a lot before coming here?”

“I-, Uh, yeah Yuna and I are the trainees that passed the last audition. I really love dancing so I have been in a dance group before coming here.” Minho replied a little nervous.

“Oh that’s cool.” The other guy still hasn’t said anything. “I guess you must be tired after this class. We will leave you now, Hyunjin and I still gotta grab something to eat. Oh, and if you have any questions you can come to me, I’ve been in the company for quite a while….. See you around!” the guy said and then they left.

“Yeah, see you guys!” Minho was a little surprised about the encounter but happy that the guy approached him. He seemed like a very approachable guy who is friends with everyone. He seemed very likeable. He didn’t catch his name, but he would ask the next time he sees him.

Minho overserved how the two guys walked away and saw how they made some jokes with each other and smiled at the view. It didn’t take long and the door to the female changing rooms opened and Yuna greeted him after she finished changing her clothes.

“Okay, I’m ready. Let’s go!” Yuna walked ahead.

They wanted to go home together, but they didn’t live very close to each other. At least they could drive a few stations together. The walked slowly to the station. They instantly clicked and Minho was glad to have found a friend so early in his trainee time. Even though Yuna was noticeably younger than him, he got along so well with her. Probably because girls are more mature earlier than guys are.

Before they would separate ways Yuna asked Minho for his mobile number so that they could stay in contact, since they will see each other more frequently from now on. Minho gladly gave her his mobile number, not having in mind that his profile picture is himself looking like a boy. Minho only realized that mishap when Yuna addressed the guy in his profile. Instant panic kicked in and he regretted giving out his mobile number that carelessly.

“Oh, who’s this guy? He looks somehow like you.” Yuna asked innocently.

“Uh, that’s… That’s my brother.” Minho stuttered slightly but Yuna just smiled and nodded. They parted ways and Minho cringed at his behavior. He still had to learn a lot to keep up his act.

 

 

A/N:
Let's just say Yuna is gullible