phase 4

hindsight

*****

Hyewon pads back to the living room after her phone call with Yuri.  She checks the place; it’s acceptably clean, not suspicious at all, just as she wants it.  Well, with the exception of a few (three, actually) things.  But, if all goes according to plan, Hitomi will be back any moment with reinforcements to help with the said exception.

She’s about to head to the kitchen for a drink when she hears keys jingling.

Hyewon stands rooted.  She holds her breath.

The door finally opens and in comes Hitomi, followed by three people.

Hyewon releases the breath she didn’t know she was holding in a loud sigh of relief, “Oh, thank God it’s you guys!”

Hyewon meets them by the entrance.  She and Hitomi then lead the other three into the living room.

“So what do you guys need help with?  What did Yena do this time?” Sakura asks as they file in.

‘Oh, what did Yena not do,’ Hyewon wants to say but ultimately restrains herself.

Once they’ve reached the living room and their three neighbors have seen what’s in it, Hyewon answers Sakura’s question.  “We need your help to move them.”

*****

“Uh, why exactly do we need to move them?” Chaeyeon asks in a hushed tone.

“It’s a long story, unnie.  Please help us move them first, then we’ll tell you everything that happened.”  Hitomi pleads, coupling it with her most fatal puppy dog eyes.

Chaeyeon stutters, “I- fine,” she relents, looking away.  “But I want the full account later, capisce?” This one she directs at Hyewon, who only nods.

Chaewon snorts, then she remembers just how she reacts to that lethal weapon of Hitomi.  She clears and moves further into the living room.

“Okay, so how are we gonna go about this?  Also, where are we going to move them?”  Sakura asks.

“I’m still fuzzy about that part.  After all, it is quite a trek from here to your house.” Hyewon responds, thumb and forefinger on her chin.

“Excuse me, did you just tell us to move them to our house?”