ad lib

hindsight

********

“How long do we have ‘til Gyuri gets back?”  Eunbi, who’s now in-charge of the whole operation, asks the group in general.

Hyewon answers her question, “I’ve asked Yuri to update me about their practice.  She texted me fifteen minutes ago that it’s over.”

A collective ‘what!?’ resonates in the room, and Hyewon and Eunbi shush them and point to the three sleeping figures on the floor.

“Don’t worry, she’s asked Gyuri to dinner, on the guise of asking for notes for their play, to stall her,” Hyewon promptly continues to inform them.

“Yena is not gonna be happy about that,” Chaeyeon notes.

“Well, Yuri is not happy with her either, so I guess that makes them square,” Hyewon responds, remembering Yuri’s tone during their phone call.

“So, let’s say we have thirty minutes tops,” Eunbi thinks out loud.  “That’s time enough to move them to Minju and Hii-chan’s room; it’s the closest.  We should be able to manage it with our number.”

“But, unnie, we have two single beds.  There’s no way they could all fit there.” Minju reminds the leader.

“Yena will take the floor,” Eunbi replies coolly.  The others gape at the eldest, eyes wide with fear from the tone Eunbi took.  Eunbi snickers in response.  “Relax, we have an extra mattress for emergencies.”  There’s a collective sigh of relief.

“Although, letting her sleep on the floor would serve the two-fold purpose of punishment and teaching a lesson.”

“Unniiiieee~”

Eunbi howls in laughter, proceeding to her room to get the emergency mattress.