conclusion

hindsight

**********

“I’m home~ Yuri’s with me.” Gyuri announces as she heads in.  “Oh, hey guys; didn’t know you’d be here,” she remarks as she sees their neighbors in the living room.

“Hiya, everyone.  I’m just here for Hyewon unnie’s math notes.” Yuri informs, not at all suspiciously, so she thinks.

Chaewon can’t help but to facepalm.  Hitomi gives her a light nudge.

“Speaking of,” Gyuri turns to Hyewon, “I hope my sister wasn’t too much of a trouble,” Gyuri inquires.

Everyone in the room holds their breath, their eyes automatically drifting to the subject girl.

“She actually spent the afternoon sleeping.  You know how teenagers are: they stay up all night, so they get sleepy during the day,” is the reply, but not from Hyewon.  “She’s in Minju and Hii-chan’s room,” Eunbi continues.

A wide-eyed Hyewon looks at her.  Eunbi gives her a wink.  Hyewon chuckles softly, visibly relaxing.

“Oh, sorry for the intrusion guys.  I’ll go wake her and move her to my room.”

“NO!” the group, including Yuri (but Gyuri’s too surprised to notice), shouts in unison.

Gyuri’s brows furrow at the reaction, but Minju, being driven by adrenaline, speaks up to try to salvage the situation, “It’s totally fine.  Unnie.  Hii-chan and I are sleeping over at the other house.  Right, Nako?”

“Right!” Nako half-yells in reply.

Gyuri looks at the two.  Then a realization hits her, “Oh!  Right!  Of course!  You two- uh, you two have fun… with the ‘sleepover,’” she air quotes.  “Just don’t do anything your unnies won’t, right Chaeyeon?” Gyuri teases, wiggling her eyebrows at Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon gives out a token laughter, before taking the chance to drive the topic as far away as possible, “So, how was practice?  The director run you to the ground again?”

“Ugh~ more like dragged us to the ground then left us there.  I’m so exhausted,” Gyuri complains, rolling her spent shoulders.

“Aw, you poor thing,” Eunbi coos.  “Why don’t you step in the shower and refresh.  I’m starting dinner.”

“Actually, Yuri and I have eaten.” Gyuri tells her.

“Oh?” Eunbi reacts smoothly, the naturalness of it astonishing the others.

“Well, you can head straight to bed after then.  Don’t worry about Wonyoung; we’ll take care of her,” is the, once again, smooth riposte.  The others are really starting to fear the capabilities of their general rabbit.

“You would?  Oh, you guys are the best!  Thank you!” Gyuri exclaims.  The others simply smile at her and bid her good night.  They then watch with bated breath as she heads towards her room, walking past Minju and Hitomi’s room without checking in.

The door clicks, then there’s silence.

Hyewon turns to face the others, face baffled.  “Huh.  We did it.”