Always By Your side

PRINCESS WITHOUT HAND

Seulgi take bus from the bus stop near Joohyun’s house to her apartment, looking at her old apartment before she climbs the stairs as she reminisces the first time she met Joohyun and all of this begin. “I guess, I made wrong choices for doing all of this” she muttered with tears start to come out from her eyes and entered her apartment that a bit dusty because nobody living there. She cleaned the entire place before she lay down on the sofa too tired to do anything and close her eyes until night comes.

Seulgi woke up when she heard her phone ringing, picking up the phone “Hello??” Seulgi said as he answered the phone. Seulgi suddenly wide awake and jump from her seat when she heard Joohyun crying on the phone “Joohyun? Where are you? Tell me.” Seulgi said before Joohyun can say anything. “Park.. your house..” Joohyun said with sobs in every words she said, make Seulgi took her wallet and wore her shoes, heading out from her apartment to the place that Joohyun mentioned. “don’t hang up okay? I’ll be there in seconds, stay there okay Joohyun?” Seulgi said as she climbed down the stairs half running. At time like this she cursed herself for choosing apartment that at the top of the building. Seulgi ran to the park and found Joohyun is sitting on one of the bench still crying which pained Seulgi’s heart.

“Joohyun? Joohyun!” Seulgi called as she getting closer to Joohyun and hugged her tightly “What’s wrong? What’s going on?” Seulgi asked as she rubbed Joohyun’s back trying to calm the latter that non-stop crying. Seulgi clenched her jaw, trying to be strong for Joohyun and let her to cry as much as she wants on Seulgi with hands grabbing Seulgi’s shirt tightly. “It’s alright, It’s alright. You’re going to be alright. I’m always here remember?” Seulgi said keep rubbing Joohyun’s back for a while until the sobs lower down. Joohyun pulling out from the hug and Seulgi caress Joohyun’s head “Want to come to my house? We could have the amazing instant noodles for your hungry stomach” Seulgi smiles warmly and Joohyun only nodded in reply. Seulgi bend down “hop on. You don’t have energy to walk” Seulgi said and Joohyun just follow hopping on Seulgi’s back and let Seulgi to carry her to the apartment.

The walk is quiet, only some sobs can be heard that Seulgi assumed Joohyun is busy with her thought and cried again. “You know you can tell me anything right Joohyun? Because no matter what happens I’ll be by your side. Be the person you can rely on and someone that you can trust.” Seulgi said as she walks to the apartment. And that, enough to make Joohyun burst into tears again “Can’t we go to a place where I can be myself? The place that people know me nothing but my name. Don’t know where I came from and how wealth my family is” Joohyun asked. Seulgi stopped her walk as she heard the question and proceed her steps “We can. Of course we can Joohyun. Give me some times and we’ll go to that place okay? I promise” Seulgi said with each step she climbs the stairs.

Joohyun pulling out her pinky finger to Seulgi “promise?”

Seulgi turned her head to look at Joohyun who currently having swollen eyes but trying her best to smiles before she pulling out her own pinky finger, holding Joohyun’s body with one hand “Promise” then she sealed the promise with their thumb touch each other. Seulgi shook her head and opened her front door still carrying Joohyun on her back heading to the guest room but stopped when Joohyun said “can I stay with you tonight?”

Seulgi who doesn’t have strength to argue with the princess heading to her room and put Joohyun on her bed before turn around to look at Joohyun straight to her eyes “wash up, calm yourself and stay on the bed until I come back okay? I’ll be preparing our dinner and you’ll be having dinner on bed” Seulgi said and flick Joohyun’s nose before headed out to the kitchen. Seulgi’s phone is ringing from unknown number and she doesn’t have choice but to pick it up “hello?”

“Seulgi? It’s me Joohyun’s father. Is she with you?” Mr. bae asked. Seulgi has no idea how Mr. Bae can have her number but of course rich people can do anything they want with the money they have “I won’t lie to you Sir, yes she’s here. But if any of you come her to bring her back to the mansion by forced, I won’t be responsible for what happened to your men. With all my respect, I begged you to let Joohyun stay here because I’m sure she’s here because there’s something wrong at your place. Aren’t I right sir?” Seulgi said trying to respect Joohyun parents. “Yes, you’re right. Please take care of her Seulgi.” With that Mr. Bae hanged up the phone and Seulgi continue to cook their dinner.

Joohyun follows what Seulgi asked her to do, freshen herself up and calm down as she waits for Seulgi to bring their food. Joohyun realized how much Seulgi impact to her as her messy state can go calm just by having Seulgi around her and she can’t imagine herself without Seulgi around her. “Joohyun? Joohyun?” Seulgi called as her hand went left to right in front of Joohyun’s face. “huh? When did you come in?” Joohyun asked, didn’t realize that Seulgi already enter the room. “You were too busy with your thought until you didn’t realize I came in” Seulgi shrugged and opened the folded table before she put the bowl on top of it. “eat. I only left for few hours and look at how skinny you are” Seulgi said and feed Joohyun.

“I blame you for leaving me alone” Joohyun pouted and eat the food.

“I need to calm myself Joohyun. Knowing that you have Suho makes me realize that I shouldn’t fall for you in the first place” Seulgi told the reason to Joohyun and Joohyun choke at the food, coughing at the statement. It isn’t like Joohyun didn’t know about it, she knows because it’s too obvious and Joohyun also feel the same with Seulgi. However, being the Bae family makes Joohyun unable to love Seulgi back. At least before all of this happened.

“Then.. How do you feel right now Seulgi? If I told you I love you too. If I told you that I’m happy when I have you not when I have Suho by my side. Will you believe that? Will you fight for me? Even if my parents against it and despise you” Joohyun asked, trying to find out how Seulgi feels towards her.

“Of course I will Joohyun. I will fight for you and I will fight for your happiness. Even if it costs me an arm and a leg” Seulgi said in confident.

Joohyun can feel her face hot and looked down to eat the hot noodles in hurry, only to make Seulgi laughed at her princess shy attitude “slowly princess, or you’ll get choke again” Seulgi said and once the food is finished Seulgi put it aside and lay on her bed with Joohyun next to her.

“so.. What happened Joohyun? Why are you running away from your home?” Seulgi asked after she knew that Joohyun feels better.

Joohyun told everything to Seulgi without missing anything and it makes Seulgi angry at the way Mrs. Bae treated her daughter and the douchebag Suho. “I told you that your mother is a ” Seulgi rolled her eyes and open her arms so that Joohyun can cuddle with her. Seulgi kissed Joohyun forehead “let’s forget about it for now, and sleep? You and I know that we’re both need it”

Morning has come and Joohyun was the first one that woke up between the two. She looked at her phone that has lots of missed calls from her parents and sighed. Still in closed eyes Seulgi realized that Joohyun has woke up “still morning and someone already taking a deep breath. No wonder she looks old” Seulgi said only get a jab on her stomach for her sentence. Seulgi peeked with one eye to look at Joohyun who glared at her “Morning” Seulgi said and pouted her lips asking for a kiss in joke. What she didn’t expect is Joohyun really gives her a peck on her lips, leaving Seulgi act like a stone as she’s shocked with Joohyun’s gesture. Seulgi was about to pull Joohyun back to her arm but her phone is ringing with the unknown number again. “yes?” Seulgi said after she picked up the phone.

“all right I told her and bring her back if she wants to. Else I won’t force her” Seulgi said and hanged up.

“who is it Seul?” Joohyun asked.

“your… dad. Where did he get my number again? I Thought only you know my number.” Seulgi annoyed.

“you know how rich people do their business.” Joohyun shrugged and continued “He wants me to go back isn’t he?” and Seulgi answered with a nod.

“I guess it’s inevitable. Will you accompany me Seul?” Joohyun asked with plead.

Seulgi flicked Joohyun’s forehead “without you need to ask silly. I’ll accompany you even if you say no. Go wash up and we head back to your place. But of course we’ll be having our breakfast first.” Seulgi said.

It took 30 minutes for them to get ready and head out from Seulgi apartment. “are we going to take bus?” Joohyun asked as he never public transport before. Seulgi chuckled “Do YOU want to take public transport princess?” Seulgi asked back. Joohyun shook her head feeling scared of getting lost if she took public transport though Seulgi is with her. “we’re not. I’m not that poor you know. I know that you think I’m poor based on the way I live my life. But there’s a lot of things you don’t know about me Joohyun” Seulgi said and pressing the remote, revealing her car that she’s been used just for emergency. “get in” Seulgi said and drove her car to the nearest restaurant before they went to the mansion.

Seulgi stopped by at McDonald’s and having drive thru for Joohyun and herself “So.. which one you want? Don’t tell you never have McDonald’s too?” Seulgi asked since there’s possibility for Joohyun to not having fast food in her life. Joohyun is flustered with Seulgi’s statement but didn’t want to admit it so she said “W-who said I never have this? I want that” Joohyun pointed at the Chicken Mcmuffin. Seulgi shrugged and ordered her food and Joohyun’s before she drove to the next counter to proceed the payment and took their food after that.

Seulgi stopped by at the side of the street and passed Joohyun her meal before she opened hers and start to savour her food. Joohyun on the other hand, waiting for Seulgi to eat her food as she doesn’t have any idea how to eat the food without the cutlery. Joohyun took her first bite after learning from Seulgi how to it the meal and hitting Seulgi arm numerous time because of the delicious taste of her foods. “Seulgi, This is so delicious” joohyun said, forgetting the fact that she told Seulgi that she tried it before. Seulgi was confused at Joohyun’s statement before she smirked and said “I thought you said you tried it before?” Seulgi with teasing tone. Joohyun feeling embarrassed for being silly in front of Seulgi “S-shut up!” she said and keep eating her food in fast pace. Seulgi, who is done with her food clean her lips with the napkin before said to Joohyun “eat slowly Joohyun, no one will take it from you” then she wiped Joohyun lips that has mayonnaise on it. “you have mayonnaise on your lips” Seulgi said before Joohyun think anything. Then Seulgi continue to drive her car to the mansion.