For Her, I will

PRINCESS WITHOUT HAND

Joohyun was waiting for Seulgi to finish her packing on the living room when she heard a door opened revealing Seulgi with her bag “is that it? Is that what you need to bring with you?” Joohyun asked. Seulgi Shrugged “I won’t be selling this place anyway and I can get something that I need later on” she replied. “Alright then if you say so” Joohyun said and called her driver to fetch them. Not long after, the driver came and fetched them, heading to Joohyun house, which is more suitable to be called mansion. “you really are a princess” Seulgi said and shook her head, amazed at how big house is.

The driver dropped them off at the main entrance, revealing Joohyun’s maids that bow on her when they saw Joohyun come back home. “Do I need to do that at you too later on?” Seulgi innocently asked. “Do that then I’ll kill you” Joohyun sternly said and glared at Seulgi. Joohyun never want their maids to bow at her but her parents is crazy about dignity leaving her no choice but to let the maids to bow at her since they didn’t want her parents to think that the maid is being disrespectful towards her. “Wendy, where’s my parents at?” Joohyun asked one of the maid named Wendy. “they are at the study room Princess” Wendy said and bowed her head.  Seulgi held her laugh when she heard Joohyun being called Princess. Joohyun who noticed that, glared at Seulgi “Laugh and you’ll be sleeping without bed” Joohyun threatened. Joohyun is actually embarrassed to be called Princess but she has no other choice because her parents want the maid to call her like that.

She went to greet her parents at the study room with Seulgi followed behind “mom, dad meet my right hand woman her name is Seulgi” Joohyun said. Seulgi bowed at Joohyun parents “Hello Mr and Mrs Bae, My name is Seulgi. Kang Seulgi. Princess Joohyun ordered me to be her right-hand” Seulgi introduced herself and called Joohyun Princess to please the parents. Instead of greet Seulgi back, Mrs. Bae looked at her daughter “How can you embarrass your parents like that? Running away from your suitor when they’re willingly to meet you” Mrs. Bae said as she glared at Joohyun. Seulgi is speechless ‘is this how rich people deal with their child?’ Seulgi thought and looked at Joohyun who seems to hold her tears before she looked at Mr. Bae who seems to told her to bring Joohyun out before her mother released her anger on Joohyun. “Darling, let Joohyun rest and we’ll talk to her later okay? There must be reason for her to do that” Mr. Bae said and looked at Seulgi, “Seulgi, right? Please bring Joohyun to her room. Ask the maid where her room located and you’ll be sleeping on the room next to her” Mr. Bae told Seulgi. Seulgi bowed once more to Joohyun’s parents and dragged Joohyun out from the room.

When they were outside the room, Seulgi whispered “I’m sorry Princess but your mom is a ” Seulgi emphasized on the word Princess, knowing that Joohyun hate it when she called her that. Joohyun glared at Seulgi forgetting the fact that she almost cry because how harsh her mother is and elbowed Seulgi “Shut up. What did I tell you about the princess part?” Joohyun asked and leave Seulgi behind. Seulgi rubbed her chest before following Joohyun “that hurts Joohyun. Is that how you treat your right-hand woman?” Seulgi asked when she catch up with Joohyun pace. Joohyun stopped in front of her room and looked at Seulgi “You know Seulgi, this is the first time I have a person that I trust so much in my life. So stopped being a and it up. Be glad that I actually trust you with my life” Joohyun said before she entered her room.

Seulgi was speechless and stared at Joohyun room. She thought Joohyun choose her because the previous person on her place was resigned or got fired by the princess herself. Seulgi could feel her heart beats fast from Joohyun statement ‘oh god. What is this about?’ Seulgi thought and went to the room next door which she believes where she stays starting from today onwards.

When Seulgi enter the room, she is surprised at how big the room is. It is way bigger than her room at the apartment and the size is about the same as big as her apartment. “rich people is surely different” Seulgi said and looked around the room. As she is so mesmerized with the room she’ll be staying she doesn’t realize someone enter the room through the connecting door “Like what you have Seulgi?” Joohyun asked.

Seulgi almost jump as she startled “oh my—Joohyun! I almost have heart attack because of you! How can you enter the room?” Seulgi asked still didn’t realize about the connecting door.

“Duh?! through the connecting door of course. Good thing I asked for a connecting door to connect between my room and my playroom. And yes Seulgi, the place you’re staying in is my Playroom when I was a kid” Joohyun explained to Seulgi.

Joohyun then entered the playroom which currently become Seulgi’s room and sat on the bed “I used to play a lot when I was a kid and fall asleep after so my parents made this room for me” Joohyun told as she remembered how she used to play in the room all the time and often to sleep on the playroom instead of her own room. But as she grew older, she started to forget about the room especially after the incident happened as the bookshelf was placed on this room.

Looking at Joohyun sad face, Seulgi heart clenched and sat next to Joohyun “say, Joohyun, Why does your parents keep doing the arrange marriage when they clearly know that you don’t like it?” Seulgi asked wanted to know more about Joohyun. Joohyun looked at Seulgi and throw back what she said before “Does your parents never teach you to mind your own business?” then Joohyun smirked at how shocked Seulgi face was when she told her that “does it hurt you Seulgi? Because it did for me when you told me that” Joohyun continued. Seulgi lost at words and looked at her own hand on her thigh “I’m sorry” was the words that come out from seulgi’s lips.

Joohyun smiles when Seulgi apologized, knowing that the latter didn’t mean to be rude to her yesterday “it’s fine.” Joohyun said and continued “It’s because they knew that no one would want to be with me if they didn’t meddle or if I found my own partner, they will fall for me just for my family wealth” she explained and sighed. Joohyun wished her life would be less complicated however it’s nothing but just her imagination because the reality that she must face is having a full of pride and dignity parents that doesn’t care about her daughter, even just a bit.

Hearing Joohyun explanation and looking at Joohyun disappointed face, Seulgi feels the sorrow and hold Joohyun hand then squeezed it “it’s fine Joohyun. I’ll be here for you. I’ll be one call away for you and I will always be by your side” Seulgi said and gives Joohyun reassurance with smiles. ‘because you are so important to my life now’ Seulgi thought and let go of Joohyun’s hand feeling shy all of sudden. Seulgi cleared her dry throat “should I.. Should I roam around your mansion so I won’t get lost? And I think I need a uniform too because I’m still one of the servants” Seulgi asked with heart still beating fast after her action towards Joohyun. “Y-yeah.. you should. Go meet Wendy, she will explain everything to you. I’ll be on my room” Joohyun said and went back to her room, trying to hide her flustered face from Seulgi. Joohyun lay on her bed as she wonders why Seulgi’s words meant so much for her and giving a big impact towards her heart.

Seulgi come out from her room and accidentally meet Joohyun’s father, leaving no choice but to bow at him before passed by the old man. “Seulgi.. Can I have a talk with you?” Mr. Bae asked. Seulgi stopped from her walk and look at Mr. Bae before she nodded her head. They walked to the garden “have a seat Seulgi.” Mr Bae said, leaving Seulgi no choice but to sit on one of the chair. “Thank you, for being with Joohyun. I don’t know how you guys meet, but I’m sure Joohyun trust you that much since she choose you to be her right-hand. I’ve always offered her to get one but she keeps saying that she doesn’t need it but now, she choose you to be her trusted person” Joohyun’s father explained. Seulgi keep quiet and nodded her head at Mr. Bae explanations unable to say anything in front of the old man the fact that Joohyun is like the Sun of her dark life. “Seulgi, can I trust Joohyun to you? Will you protect her and be by her side no matter what happened?” Mr. Bae asked. “I’ll be doing it even if you don’t tell me to Mr. Bae. You can count on me for that” Seulgi said without hesitation. “then I’m relieved” Mr. Bae said before he got up leaving Seulgi alone. Though Seulgi didn’t know what Mr. Bae exactly means by telling her that, she knew deep down in heart that she will always protect Joohyun and always by her side.

After the talk, Seulgi head to the staff house to meet Wendy as Joohyun instructed her. “Wendy? I’m Seulgi, Joohyun’s trusted person” Seulgi said once she met Wendy. “yes! Nice to finally know you Seulgi” Wendy winked “I’ll be the one who will tell you about the procedure in this house but first please change to this uniform.” Wendy gave Seulgi the uniform which Seulgi immediately changed to it. “You look handsome Seulgi, even though you’re a woman” Wendy said as she stared at Seulgi from head to toe “are you single? Cuz I don’t mind to be yours” she flirted, making Seulgi laughed awkwardly and ignored the question.

Wendy being the longest person who works in Joohyun’s mansion explained everything to Seulgi, from the procedure to treat the princess, to what she needs to do when the family having a guest but there’s one thing that intrigued Seulgi, when Wendy said never talk about Joohyun’s left hand or stare at it. Yes, Seulgi realized Joohyun left hand feels weird when she touched it earlier but she doesn’t get what Wendy meant and decided to leave it that way until Joohyun told Seulgi by herself. Once she learnt everything from Wendy, she said thanks to Wendy for being kind to her and the only thing that Wendy respond is “the offer still stand Seulgi. We could try if you want to. I’m in love at the first sight with you” She said. Seulgi looked at Wendy and said “for now, there’s only one person in my mind. I’m sorry Wendy” then she left the place, doesn’t want to have another conversation with Wendy.

Three months later..

It’s been a three months since Seulgi became Joohyun right-hand woman and things aren’t as easy as she thought it will be. Joohyun is sometimes being a and blame Seulgi for something that she did nothing wrong. Like now, where Seulgi need to accompany Joohyun roam around the shopping just to buy the exact item that she wants making Seulgi out of patience “Seriously Joohyun?! Why do you have to find the exact necklace like your previous one when there are plenty of different types of necklace that is way more beautiful than that?!” Seulgi asked with the patience she has left on her emotions. “YOU JUST DON’T GET IT SEULGI! THIS THING IS PRECIOUS TO ME!” Joohyun shouted “JUST BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE SOMETHING PRECIOUS, DOESN’T MEAN I DON’T HAVE ONE TOO” Joohyun added and left the shopping mall on her own. Seulgi sighed exasperatedly and follow Joohyun and hold her hand “Joohyun I’m sorry. I’m being too much, aren’t I? Let’s find it again okay?” Seulgi apologized and look at Joohyun with tears on her eyes. “You just don’t get it Seulgi, that necklace is from my grandfather whom I adored so much” Joohyun told Seulgi some part of her life again. These past few months Seulgi learnt a lot about Joohyun, the way she eats, what she likes and dislikes, what make her sad, disappointed, and angry. She learnt everything from Joohyun and it makes her without realized falling for the other girl.

Seulgi pulled Joohyun and embraced her “I’m sorry okay.. forgive this idiot person for doesn’t understand about your feelings” Seulgi said as she rubbed Joohyun’s back to calm her. Seulgi feels like an idiot for angry at Joohyun without knowing the reason behind it and she blamed herself for making Joohyun cry. Because the last thing she wants is to see Joohyun cries because of her.

Joohyun on the other hand, feeling comfortable with Seulgi’s hug and doesn’t want to let her go. Sometimes she wonders on herself if she falls for Seulgi because of her kindness. Seulgi never left her side and always listen to what she asked no matter how impossible it is, Seulgi always tried her best to impressed Joohyun and make Joohyun happy. But then she realized that she can’t be with Seulgi, not when she is a woman not a man where this country still being conservative about it. She tried to erase the thought of falling for Seulgi and let go the hug abruptly. “Because you’re being an , I want you to buy me Ice cream and treat me a fancy dinner with your own money!” Joohyun ordered. Instead of angry, Seulgi gives her smiles that Joohyun loves to see and salute to Joohyun before saying “YES PRINCESS! YOUR ORDER IS MY COMMAND” then they went to the fancy restaurant that Joohyun loves.

Staring at Joohyun who is currently enjoying her food enough to make Seulgi full and satisfied. She brought her napkin to Joohyun’s lips in reflect when there’s some stain on Joohyun lips and Seulgi felt like her world stop for a moment as she looked at Joohyun beautiful face and only back to reality when Joohyun called her. “S-sorry.. there’s umm.. there’s some stains near your lips” Seulgi said and sat back, wiping her own lips with the napkin. They become awkward on each other “do you” “can we” Seulgi and Joohyun said at the same time. They laughed at how funny they are and Seulgi said “you first joohyun” then Joohyun said “can we go somewhere far from here? There’s something that I want to tell you.” Seulgi nodded and asked for the bill for her to pay then left the restaurant.

They went to Seulgi’s favorite place to be alone whereas it’s located outside the city and up the hills where nobody can found them “So.. what do you want to talk about Joohyun?” Seulgi asked as they sat on the grass with Seulgi’s blazer wrapped around Joohyun’s body. The night is pretty chill and Seulgi doesn’t want Joohyun to get sick because of the cold weather. Instead of answering Seulgi, Joohyun detached her left hand from her arm and show it to Seulgi “this is what I want to tell you. Do you disgust to be my right-hand now, Seulgi?” Joohyun asked. Seulgi looked at Joohyun left arm and touch the replica hand “I know and it doesn’t change the fact that I’ll always stay by your side Joohyun.” Seulgi said and smiles, understand that Joohyun feels insecure and self-conscious about herself. Joohyun eyes widen with the statement “How did you—how did you know about it?”

Seulgi smiles and explained to Joohyun how did she find out about it.