As Long As You’re Happy

PRINCESS WITHOUT HAND

It’s been awhile since Seulgi get up from her bed feeling like a like the time her parents announced their divorced. As much as Seulgi broken heart with Joohyun, she tried to be professional and knocked Joohyun room to wake her up. “Princess Joohyun? It’s 10 already. From what I heard yesterday, you need to go meet--” Seulgi stopped in the middle way feeling her chest hurt before continue “to meet your fiancée” then she sighed trying to up the pain on her chest as she said that and giving Joohyun her smiles.

Joohyun get up lazily as she knew that starting today it wouldn’t be like yesterday when she and Seulgi was laughing on each other and teased each other “I’m up Seulgi” she said and get ready to meet her so called fiancée. Wearing her usual dress and get out from her room, Joohyun was greeted by Seulgi who seems to drool over her “wipe your mouth silly. You look like an idiot” Joohyun said and went down to meet Suho. Seulgi wiped her lips, believe what Joohyun said then only realized that Joohyun lied to her because the latter laughing. “You look beautiful princess” Seulgi said full of meaning and smiles to Joohyun only to make Joohyun shy and having face as red as tomato before everything ruined because of Suho greet Joohyun.

“You’re Seulgi right? You don’t have to be with Joohyun today because she’s with her fiancée. And her fiancée is way more trustable that her right-hand woman right, Irene?” Suho asked. Seulgi looked at Joohyun, waiting for the answered and disappointed when Joohyun said yes to Suho question. “If you say so” Seulgi shrugged “Have fun princess and be careful” Seulgi said and emphasized on the princess and be careful part. As soon as Joohyun left the mansion Seulgi texted her “if he does anything inappropriate, let me know. I’ll be there instance” and only get ok as replied from Joohyun.

“I guess the princess finally choose a prince instead of her trusted person eh?” Wendy teased Seulgi and continued “the offer still stand Seulgi. I don’t mind being a rebound.” Seulgi rolled her eyes “what’s with you and never give up on me? Do you like me so badly?” Seulgi asked. “Nope” Wendy hides her feelings “I just want to make someone I like jealous and look at the good side, who knows the princess will jealous too!” Wendy said and wriggle her eyebrow. “fine! Just this time okay? This will be the first and the last friendly date we ever have” Seulgi explained doesn’t want to know who is the person Wendy is trying to make jealous of. “Assa! Alright! I’ll be ready in 10” Wendy said and ran to her room to change her attire and Seulgi just look at her and shook her head at her friend antics.

They went to the shopping as soon as wendy ready and having meal on one of the restaurants before Wendy called her “hey Seul, isn’t that Princess?” Wendy said and pointed at the girl which indeed is Joohyun. “shoot! Hide Wendy” Seulgi said. But instead of hiding, Wendy being bold and touch Seulgi’s face before she leaned forward, knowing that Joohyun looking at their direction. Joohyun’s eyes widen and pretend to not see anything then left the sight. “the heck are you doing?!” Seulgi Shouted. “calm down, there’s stain on your lips munchkin. What? you think I will kiss you?” Wendy laughed though inside she said ‘one for Wendy, Zero for Joohyun. Sometimes I wonder why the princess is so dense and rock headed.’ After going out from the restaurant Seulgi told Wendy that she needs to go to the Jewelry shop as there’s something that she needs to buy. Wendy follows and looked around the Jewelry shop and greeted by the seller. “Wendy? Is that you? It’s me Joy” The Joy girl called. Seulgi looked at Wendy then looked back at the necklace that she’s been looking for. The one that Joohyun got from her grandfather.

Wendy was staggered as she saw Joy in front of her since she used to have feelings toward the woman but Joy never thought of it seriously. Seulgi who’s done with the payment and looked at Wendy that seems so lifeless helps the other by putting her arms around Wendy’s waist “Someone you knew babe?” Seulgi smoothly said though she wanted to puke inside. “h-huh? Y-yeah.. my highschool friend, Joy. Joy, this is Seulgi my—” before Wendy finished talking Seulgi said “Girlfriend. Wendy’s girlfriend. Pleased to meet you Joy” Seulgi offered a handshake that left Joy with bitter smiles and shake Seulgi’s hand. Wendy looked at Seulgi wanted to asked before Suho spoke “Seulgi? And.. Irene’s maid? What are you doing here? Never know that you both are dating” and that makes Seulgi’s eyes almost fall out from the socket knowing that her Princess is there too, listened the fake conversation between her and Joy. Seulgi and Wendy staring at each other before turned around to greet Suho and Joohyun.

Seulgi looked at Joohyun eyes trying to explain about what happened but instead Joohyun kissed Suho cheeks and said “let them be Suho, it’s their life why are you meddling between them?” then bumped Seulgi who is clenching her fist that has the present on it. Seulgi left the scene with Wendy following behind leaving Suho and Joy who doesn’t know anything confused and Joohyun who is fuming in anger like a jealous girlfriend.

When Seulgi and Wendy reached home, Seulgi went straight to her room and locked the door doesn’t want anybody to disturb her, especially the girl next door. She cried hard until she falls asleep wanted to forget everything between her and Joohyun and woke up when there’s a knock on the connecting door. Seulgi sighed unable to avoid her princess and got up from her bed to unlock the door “anything I could help you with princess?” Seulgi asked without bother about her swollen eyes.

Joohyun came back home not long after Seulgi, she met Wendy and gave the latter despiteful look before Wendy said “what you hear at the shop was nothing. Seulgi and I are nothing. But as your longest maid, I begged you to not hurt Seulgi even more if you don’t have feeling for her” then Wendy bowed leaving Joohyun. Joohyun stared at Wendy who left the scene and head back to her room, only to hear small whimper from the next door, knowing that the person she loves and trusts cried because of her. When Joohyun didn’t hear anymore noises, she knocked the connecting door, hoping that Seulgi will open the door for her and remained silent when Seulgi really open the door for Joohyun. Joohyun stared at Seulgi swollen eyes and loss at words. She her dry lips before start talking “are.. are you okay?”

Seulgi rolled her eyes before answered “of course I am. In fact I never been better. I feel like a bucket of cold water threw on me to make me face reality. You know, like those challenged? What is it name again? ASL?” Seulgi tried to joke around. “I’m fine Joohyun, it’s just that I never thought that within hours things can change drastically from feeling the best thing in my life to the worse thing. Don’t worry okay? I’ll be fine soon” Seulgi said and patted Joohyun’s head for assurance. “And Joohyun, I know I’m your right-hand woman, but do you mind if I take few days off? It’s kinda stuffy to be here so I need sometimes alone” Seulgi asked. “I promise that I’ll come to you straight away if you call me. You have my number right? In fact, I only have you as my contact” Seulgi laughed pathetically at her pathetic life that she realized she doesn’t have anybody else other than Joohyun.

Joohyun knew the reason Seulgi to be like this is because of her, so instead of forbid Seulgi to take her day off, she nodded her head “It’s okay Seulgi. You can take day off because I won’t be alone anyway. I’m sure Suho will be here everyday” Joohyun said, didn’t know why she need to mention her so called fiancée in front of Seulgi though she knew it hurts Seulgi a lot.

Seulgi gives Joohyun a thin smiles “yeah.. You have Suho to accompany you anyway. You know Joohyun, I really hope that Suho is really your happiness. Because if you are happy, then so I am.” Seulgi said. “I should get going now before it gets dark” Seulgi added and closed the connecting door without saying goodbye to Joohyun and head out her room only to meet Mrs. Bae “Where are you going Seulgi? As Joohyun’s right-hand shouldn’t you supposed to be by her side all the time? What kind of right-hand woman are you? Joohyun is surely bad at picking her trustable person.” Instead of answering Mrs. Bae, Seulgi clenched her fist tightly and gives Mrs. Bae a smiles before she bowed to her then walked passed the old woman. “such ignorant kid” Mrs. Bae said and entered Joohyun room.

“Joohyun? Shouldn’t you fire Seulgi? She’s nothing but ignorant kid. She doesn’t even respect at me and she called you by your name unlike the other maid we have at this house” Mrs. Bae started to complain once she entered Joohyun room. Joohyun who is at her own thought, thinking about the other girl didn’t listen to what her mom who keep pestering to fired Seulgi. This isn’t the first time Mrs. Bae told her to fired Seulgi just because the old woman dislike her right-hand woman. There was time when Joohyun asked Seulgi why she’s disrespect her mom but not her dad and what Seulgi said make her heart feel warm and like Seulgi even more. Seulgi shrugged “why would I respect someone who doesn’t even respect your decision in the first place? At least your father still trust me enough to take care his daughter though he did the same thing too. I’ll respect her if she has respect on her daughter too. We’re all human beings after all” she said.

Getting enough with her mom keep talking bad things about Seulgi, Joohyun said “at least she always there when I need her and she respect every decision that I make though sometimes it isn’t logic at all. And mom, she didn’t call me princess because I asked her to not too. So stop telling me to fire Seulgi because I would never do that.”

Mrs. Bae is loss at words and decided to change the topic “So, how’s your date with Suho? He’s a good guy right? Please hide about your left hand until you’re married. You can’t make him disgust about you without having hand right? You don’t want to embarrassed your parents with that right?” Mrs. Bae told Joohyun and Joohyun looked at her mom with disbelief “Are you even my mom? Why everything you care about is pride? Are you embarrassed to have a daughter without a hand? Am I that disgusting?” Joohyun feels nothing but disappointed at her mom. “LEAVE! Leave or I’ll be the one that leave this place” Joohyun added before her mom responds.

Mr. Bae that passed by Joohyun room heard Joohyun screamed and opened the door “is anything wrong Joohyun?” Mr. Bae asked. “Are embarrassed too dad? For having daughter like me? For having daughter that lose her hand and have this fake hand in replaced?” Joohyun asked with tears falls down unstoppable and detached the fake hand showing which shows Joohyun left arm, handless . Mr. Bae looked at his wife and shook his head feeling disappointed at his wife before he said “No Joohyun. Never once I’m embarrassed about you and never once I’m disgusted on you.”

Suho at the same time, come to their mansion as Joohyun parents invite him for dinner and come up to Joohyun room as he head noises when he entered the mansion and look at joohyun left arm “What the?! What’s going on? Why you don’t have hand Irene?” Suho asked with disgust look visible on his face. Joohyun scoffed knowing that her so called fiancée is nothing but to look at her appearance from the start. Ironic, she thought she is the one who is on finding love and turns out her parents is even worse than her on finding her partner. “Yes Suho, I, Irene, your fiancée, has only one hand” Joohyun said. “No! There is no way I will be having partner with fake hand. I’m out!” Suho said and ran away from the scene.

Joohyun laughed and looked at her mom pathetically “Is that what you looking for as your in law? Serve you right mom. After this the whole country will know that The Bae family daughter only has one real hand” Joohyun left her mansion after she said that and attached her fake hand back and only one place that come across her mind. Seulgi’s.