The Day I Met You

PRINCESS WITHOUT HAND

Throwback to the day before

Joohyun woke up from her sleep as there was loud noises outside her room, knocking her door like there is no tomorrow. She got up from her bed and looked at the clock before she sighed, too tired of her life that full of drama. Another arrange marriage was set up by her parents and she needed to meet her nth suitor. “I’m up!” She shouted to the person behind the door and the knocked immediately stopped. She went to the bathroom and freshen herself with warm water on the shower before she stared at her hand. She pulled out the fake hand that has been attached to her left arm and stared at her arm that currently has no hand. She sighed exasperatedly as her parents is against her to show the suitor about her hand because it will make her suitor run away in instance. She was in deep thought about what happened as the water streamed down, wetting her from head to toe.

10 years ago..

Joohyun was a teenager that curious about lot of things in life and one of them is decorating her room. When she was 13, her parents gave her a room and allowed her to decorate the room to whatever she wants it to be so Joohyun, being the curious kid, started to design her own room with help from the professional designer. She started to look for all the interior for her room and interested on making her own bookshelf. She helped the carpenter to make the bookshelf however, she was clumsy and cut her own hand during cutting the woods which in results she looked with her own eyes how her left hand separated from her arm. Instead of screaming, Joohyun was shocked and unable to speak a word until the carpenter panicked and called ambulance to bring Joohyun to the nearest hospital. Her parents who was outside the town, straight away went to hospital and told their representative to hide the news because they don’t want their name to be tainted.

Joohyun on the other hand still in shocked and just stared at her arm that no longer has a hand after the surgery and looked at her parents with flat face as she lost thought on what her parents will say to her. The only word that come out from was sorry as she disappointed her parents and knew that her parents will not look at her the same as before. Her parents was trying their best to find a replica of a hand that could fit for Joohyun no matter how much it costs and soon enough Joohyun has her fake hand without anybody know the truth.

Waking up from her bad memories, Joohyun turned off the shower and attached her fake hand back to her arm before she dressed up. She really didn’t want to meet another suitor and looked at the open window on her room. A crazy thought came out from her mind as she looked down and used the rope that she hid in her room to run away from the event. She tried to run away from her house through the wall before her parents found out but luck wasn’t on her sides as the two men caught her and chased after her.

That was the time when Joohyun met Seulgi and bumped onto her. She was screaming at Seulgi to move away from her sides but Seulgi seems to busy with her thought and didn’t hear Joohyun screamed at her. When Seulgi asked her condition, what came through her head was ‘idiot stupid deaf girl’ but instead of saying what she thought she begged at Seulgi which she never did before as she’s in desperate to avoid the men. Joohyun thought that Seulgi wouldn’t help her because she knows who Joohyun is but what surprised Joohyun was, Seulgi helped her to get away from the men and let her to stay at her apartment just because she told the other girl that she believe in her. At first Joohyun wanted to asked if Seulgi really didn’t know her, but when Seulgi asked about her name, Joohyun was sure that Seulgi didn’t know who she is. The quiet walk is actually something peaceful for Joohyun and when they reached Seulgi place, she actually wanted to turn around because of how awful the building is. But instead of back off, Joohyun felt Seulgi challenged her and went inside the apartment and climbing the unlimited stairs in Joohyun opinion. Heck, she never climb stairs more than 10 and now she has to climb around 100 stairs. Joohyun was tired from climbing the unlimited stairs but she looked at Seulgi that didn’t seem tired at all and even come to Joohyun and told her to climb onto her back. Again, Joohyun felt Seulgi seems to underestimate her, so she pushed Seulgi away and climb with all her strength until she reached Seulgi’s Apartment floor. The only thought than come to Joohyun was ‘just how poor is this girl?’ then when Seulgi opened her apartment door Joohyun can see how neat the place is as if nobody stay at the apartment ‘is she living alone?’ Joohyun thought but unable to ask Seulgi due to her privacy. Joohyun looked around the apartment before Seulgi told her where she will be slept at and saw no pictures or anything on the house. It is like a model house. After spending a night with Seulgi, Joohyun thought that Seulgi is nothing but a lonely person that has nobody around her just like Joohyun. But the difference is Joohyun has anything she wants just by snapped her fingers because of her family richness.

Present

Today event proof that Seulgi is someone that she can trust, someone that she needs in her life to be the pillar of her bored life by the way Seulgi protected her from someone that the latter knew herself that is looking for Joohyun. Though Joohyun half forcing Seulgi to be her right hand woman, Joohyun really hope that Seulgi agreed with her as she couldn’t have any other person to be her right hand other than Seulgi. Which is why when Seulgi agreed with Joohyun, Joohyun couldn’t hide her smiles and gives Seulgi her earnest smile “thank you seulgi” she said ‘for staying by my side’ she added on her thought.

Joohyun looked at the men after that and told them to go back to their place to tell her parents that she will be back with Seulgi later today. The men nodded their head and leave the place peacefully before Seulgi close the door. “So,, Bae Irene huh? The Child of the Bae family. No wonder you’re so princess look alike” Seulgi said with teased on her tone. Joohyun can only nodded her head, feeling bad for hiding her identity from Seulgi though it wasn’t her entire fault that Seulgi didn’t know about her appearance when she’s all over the news. “Don’t worry, to me, you still Bae Joohyun” Seulgi said and patted Joohyun head and leave Joohyun, heading to her room. “Say Joohyun, Are you sure that you choose me as your right hand? You still can change my mind before I leave this place” Seulgi said as she held her room door knob.

When Seulgi told her that she’ll always be Joohyun for Seulgi and patted her head, Joohyun lost in her thought for awhile and felt her face as red as an apple. Only back to reality when Seulgi asked the question “You know me Seulgi, Once I said it, I never take back my words. Told you that before didn’t I? So please packed up while I get ready” Joohyun said and went to the room. Before Seulgi can answered, Joohyun already went back to the room, so Seulgi to go to her respective room and packed up the necessary things that she needs to bring with her which actually not that much that a bag is enough to put everything inside.