Because I knew

PRINCESS WITHOUT HAND

2 months ago

Seulgi was finished on training her strength with the other guards at Joohyun’s house. After being Joohyun’s right-hand woman, Seulgi never regret the fact that she learnt about self-defense and martial arts, holding 15 belts from 3rd dan taekwondo, 3rd dan jiujitsu, 3rd dan karate, 3rd dan aikido, and 3rd dan on Judo which in results make things are easier for Seulgi to catch up her strength with the other guards. In fact, she’s way better from the other guards, made her being respected by her colleagues and some even adore her. The words that Wendy told her on the first day she’s at Joohyun’s house still lingers in her mind and she tried to find out what’s wrong with Joohyun left hand.

Seulgi went back to her room and washed her sweaty clothes before she knocked Joohyun’s room, but no one answered behind the door leaving her no choice but open the door slowly, to check on the latter condition. She looked at Joohyun who is sleeping peacefully before fixing a strand of the latter hair, staring at Joohyun peaceful face. In curiousity, Seulgi looked at Joohyun’s left hand whereas stitches can be seen. She furrowed her eyebrow and looked closely at her hand doesn’t want to make an impulsive decision before she muttered to herself “that’s why she tried her best to not using her left hand.” Been working a month with Joohyun, seulgi always noticed that Joohyun never want to use her left hand if it isn’t necessary. She caress Joohyun’s hair lightly “you’ve been through a lot princess” she whispered before she kissed the latter forehead unconsciously. And that was when Seulgi realized that she’s in love with the princess. Slowly, she left the place and went to her favorite place at the mansion, the art studio. It contained any types of art that yet the place seems to be abandoned as she saw the chainsaw seems untouched for so many years and the carpenter of the house prefer to use manual saw instead of the chainsaw.

Seulgi who is closed with the carpenter finally asked him “why do you use the manual saw when you have the most awesome chainsaw I ever seen?”

The carpenter give a bitter smiles and continue to sawing off with the manual saw until he finished a piece then replied to Seulgi “The princess seems to not tell you what happened huh? That chainsaw..” the carpenter stopped and gulped down his saliva before continue “that chainsaw is the caused of princess losing her left hand. But being a selfless princess, instead of angry and blame me for making her losing her hand, she told her parents to keep the chainsaw because she knew that I still need it” the carpenter said and held his tears “it should be me Seulgi. It should be me who lost the hand, not the princess. Imagined how miserable she is for losing a hand yet she didn’t blame anybody but herself for being clumsy and laughed as if nothing happened. She even told me to pretend nothing has happened” the carpenter now cried hard as he remembered about the accident. Seulgi on the other side, is speechless as if a brick has fall on her, hitting her brain hard until she can’t believe what the old man told him. She blinks once,twice to process what she just heard then said nothing but thank you to the carpenter for telling the story. From that day, Seulgi become more protective towards Joohyun.

 

Present

“that’s how I know about your hand” Seulgi ended her stories omitted the part where she unconsciously kiss Joohyun. “the carpenter still feels guilty up till now and he can’t even look at your face” seulgi explained more. “I was just waiting for the time that you opened up to me to tell about it yourself which I believe now is the time” seulgi added and looked at Joohyun, wiping the tears that run down on Joohyun’s face. Seulgi stared at Joohyun face once more before she stare at the latter lips and slowly leaned forward as she closed her eyes, kissing the plump lips that taste salty because of the tears. Joohyun who seems shocked at first slowly closed her eyes and reciprocate the kiss, the kiss that Joohyun thought she shouldn’t do it but feels so right at the same time. Seulgi pulled out the kiss as they’re lack of air and stared at Joohyun lovingly “it’s alright because I’m here Joohyun” she said and get up without any confession because she knew that being with Joohyun is impossible. “let’s go? Before your parents look for you and thought that I kidnap you” Seulgi laughed as there was time when Mrs. Bae thought Seulgi kidnapped Joohyun as the older woman never trust Seulgi and even hatred her in the first place. She offered a hand to Joohyun to help her get up and Joohyun looked at it before she smiles and attached her hand back before taking seulgi’s hand to help her up.

The drive from the hills to the mansion is quiet but Seulgi think it is a good quiet because Joohyun is smiling and holding Seulgi’s hand for the entire time and Seulgi couldn’t be happier than that.

Reaching the mansion, Joohyun let go of Seulgi hand. Though Seulgi is disappointed, she doesn’t show it to Joohyun and shook her head as she park the car on the garage “princess will always be princess” she muttered and come out from the car. Wendy greeted her as she went inside the house, yes, Wendy and Seulgi become close friend especially when Wendy knew about Seulgi unrequited love toward the Princess. Thus, Wendy still has unrequited feeling for Seulgi too. “Seulgi! Gosh! Good timing you have there. Princess has a guest and I guess it’s another suitor for her” Wendy with her loud mouth said, making Seulgi hushed her before she entered the dining room where Joohyun and her parents at and also the guests. She bowed at Joohyun parents and guests and from Seulgi point of view it seems to be a serious matter. “Joohyun, do you remember Suho? The guy you’re close with when you’re a kid” Mrs. Bae said and Joohyun only nodded in respond. “the point of today dinner is actually to announce that both of you are engaged. Joohyun has agreed with the engagement, right Joohyun?” Mrs. Bae continued. Seulgi eyes widen, disbelief of what she heard and looked at Joohyun whom doesn’t even spare a glance on Seulgi as she said “Yes. Yes I have” Joohyun said. Seulgi felt like her world crumble apart but trying to be strong, staring at Joohyun and her fiance who is nothing but a douchebag. As much as Seulgi wants to leave the place, she couldn’t as she tried to be professional which left her no choice but to listen about the wedding plan and so on that Seulgi half listen as she’s busy on her own thought.

Once the meeting is over, Seulgi bowed and follows Joohyun to her room without any words then went straight to her room and cried softly doesn’t want Joohyun to hear how weak she is as her world start to go back to gray like before she met Joohyun. Joohyun on the other hand trying to hold her tears, facing the reality that she can’t ever be with Seulgi which is why she decided to accept Suho to be her fiancée.