.4.

Simply, yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up the next morning was strange, to say the least.

Waking up with a tired, achy body was also strange, to say the least.

Waking up pregnant was probably the weirdest thing ever. Well, it was more like waking up with the knowledge that you were pregnant, since the baby bump had a long way for it to show.

However, waking up to an empty bed was something you didn’t want to go through again. It wasn’t because you needed someone, no. You needed him to be next to you.

Turning to Baekhyun’s side, you ran your hand under the duvets where he should have been lying only to find it slightly warm. Good. That meant he was still around.

Slowly getting out of the bed, you made sure to stretch out the tired muscles and once on your feet, you proceeded to meet your boyfriend in the kitchen.

Since you earned yourself two days off of work after yesterday’s incident, and since it was Thursday, it meant longer weekend for you.

Quietly shuffling out of the room, you spotted him preparing something you couldn’t see. Jumping two big steps, you landed just behind his broad back that was clad in a simple grey shirt from Adidas sponsorship for hapkido championships he attended.

“Good morning,” you said, wrapping your arms around his lean waist. You could feel his muscles tighten under your touch.

Baekhyun gave out a quiet, breathy laugh that made your heart skip a beat before he turned around smiling at you. “My beautiful princess has woken up, I see.”

Looking up at him with puppy eyes, you pouted. “Yes, and my handsome prince was not next to me.”

He wrapped his left hand around your waist to bring you closer while the other hand cupped your cheek gently. “You were sleeping so tight, I couldn’t wake you up. Just look at this pillow imprint on your cheek, sweetheart,” he laughed again before caressing your cheek lovingly.

Sighing, you leaned into his touch. “I was so tired and I still feel like sleeping for hours and hours-”

“That’s good, because that is the only thing you are allowed to do for the next forty-eight hours, Y/N.”

“With you next to me, of course,” you finished, cheekily grinning.

He shook his head with a smile. “Well, that sounds like a plan.”

Now that made your eyes open up properly. “What do you mean?”

“I took two days off,” he shrugged, his eyes sparkling.

“Really?” you squealed, jumping to wrap your arms around his neck. He hugged you back, squeezing your waist tightly. 

“Of course,” he whispered. “What wouldn’t I do for you? Plus, I need to keep an eye on you for now.”

“Then why are you up so early?” you whined suddenly, pulling away.

“I was preparing breakfast.”

“That has time.”

“Not when you are pregnant and after a burn-out.”

His words made you hold your breath, your heart beating fast with excitement as he stared into your eyes with that endearment you never witnessed in anyone’s eyes before. And oh, you were so blessed and thankful for being on the receiving side.

You also couldn’t not notice how the words “you are pregnant” sounded from his lips - so natural, so familiar. He cared so much about you and you didn’t doubt he was most probably plotting things about the baby, too. And even though you were used to his caring and endless affection, this had a completely different emotion to it. This was taking your entire relationship to the next level. You definitely had a solid reason to get married as you were sure once you broke the news to your families, that would be the first thing they would demand you both to do. After all, they have been waiting for the decisions to be made, except you and Baekhyun were just fine with being in a relationship that did not need a verified document and some signatures.

Of course it wasn’t like you and Baekhyun did not want to marry, no. Getting married meant spending money, and if you wanted one thing, it was to treasure your relationship and make the most for yourselves only, without having to spend so much money on a useless ceremony…

Certainly, you daydreamed about it sometimes. Having a big wedding, a beautiful long dress that would show maybe a protruding bump that would prove the power of your love, yes. Handsome Baekhyun impatiently waiting for you at the end of the aisle? What a delightful idea! It left an inkling sensation in your tummy.

But you were nowhere near the position to dream of such things. There was still a serious talk to be done between you and Baekhyun about your financial situation and strategies about how you would provide for the baby.

“Yeah,” you whispered finally, closing your eyes and resting your forehead on his shoulder. “Yeah, I should be more careful, right?”

Baekhyun hummed in agreement, caressing your back as he leaned back on the kitchen counter. “We both have to be very careful about you from now on, alright?”

“Mhm.”

“You promise, love?”

It took you a few moments, but eventually you raised your head to look into his eyes. He was searching for your gaze, for your approval. There was a tiny hint of desperation behind them, too. Was he so worried about the child that had yet to grow?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter