.9.

Simply, yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I ask you something?” you asked gently as you sat down on the floor at your small table on Sunday. 

The question had been gnawing at you ever since Friday and the dinner that didn’t go so well. You decided you wanted a break from talking about that day yesterday, when you made up with your boyfriend and shared a peaceful Saturday, but you couldn’t sit calmly anymore. Also, in a way, the possibilities of his answer were making you feel uneasy but this was your relationship you were talking about.

“Mhmm,” he hummed in reply as he kept typing away on his phone, glancing up at you only momentarily, not catching the hesitation in your voice or your stance. 

“Erm-”

“Wait, just a moment, honey, I will finish up this message and I’m all yours.”

You shut your mouth, nodding but at the same time trying not to get hurt.

Ah, yes.

The good old rollercoaster of emotions.

You had been so stuck in your dilemma with your work and lying to Baekhyun, you didn’t address the pent-up frustrations and mood changes anymore. It became a constant, but now having most of your issues resolved and Baekhyun knowing the truth, you felt like you would cry at anything that came off even slightly negative - despite the fact that Baekhyun didn’t mean any harm, nor his response was negative. It was just a mind game. You found it negative, so you would take the hurt.

Easy as that. Pregnancy really wasn’t a rocket science.

Or was it?

You stood back up and took your steel rice bowl that had some leftover rice you couldn’t swallow anymore. Putting it in the sink, you let some water sit in it so the sticky rice would detach, when you heard movement.

“What was it you wanted to ask?” Baekhyun quirped, putting down the phone on the table.

You turned around, and slowly walked back. “So on Friday,” you started without playing around the bush before the emotions would take the better of you. You sat back down and saw Baekhyun nodding. “You said that… you can’t get me to say yes. To marry you.”

You were expecting him to get taken aback or shocked, but his face kept calm. “Yes.”

You frowned. “But you never…” you hesitated,trying to hint what you were about to say, except Baekhyun was not playing along, instead patiently waiting for you to finish your thought. You sighed. “You never asked me, you know? You never proposed.”

“I always wanted to discuss it together,” he admitted, searching your face. “Before your pregnancy we didn’t plan on marrying, on that we agreed,” he stated and you nodded to confirm. Baekhyun went silent and nodded to himself as well. After a couple of seconds, he said: “And would you? Would you marry me now?”

You scoffed, throwing the small pillow that was next to you that you usually hugged to yourself when eating. “Is this a proposal, darling?”

He laughed, his ears turning a lovely pink and you relished in the sigh of him like that. He was gorgeous. “Of course not,” he said reaching out for you but just then his phone started to vibrate. Thinking it was just a message, he grabbed your arm and shuffled himself closer, but you saw that a caller’s ID popped up on the screen. Jiyoung, it said. “Would you, though?” he asked breathily, gazing into your eyes but he heard the constant vibration and broke the eye contact, checking the phone. He was surprised for a moment and seemed he was about to pick up but then he just shrugged and grabbed your other hand. “You wouldn’t answer to me?”

You giggled, satisfied he considered you and the current talk more important than this Jiyoung lady, may it whoever be. “Baekhyun,” you murmured and when the vibrating wouldn’t stop, Baekhyun sighed and quickly reached for the phone, silencing it before throwing it back on the table and turning with expectation in his eyes as you took his cheeks in your hands. “Yes,” he murmured breathily. He wanted you to say it already.

You nodded. “Exactly that. Yes. I would. Any time.”

He let out a breathy laugh, a hot puff on your face before he engulfed you in a warm embrace making sure he wasn’t squishing you like he wanted to so badly. “Then, let’s do just that. Let’s get married.”

Returning the embrace for a little longer, you leaned back just enough so you could see his face. “But you realise I still want a proper proposal, master Baekhyun?”

You tried hard not to think about money and all it could cost, just as you promised him on Friday.

Affectionately, he combed some of your hair back, humming. “Master Baekhyun, you say? Well, if my little hapkido student wants that, who am I to refuse?”

You burst out into little giggles and hid your face in his neck, hearing his chest rumbling with his laughter. “Gosh, you’re crazy!”

“You started!” he defended, still giggling and caressing your back.

It took you fifteen minutes to disattach from each other, as Baekhyun said what you were suspicious about. “I’m gonna have to call back,” he trailed off.

You nodded and untangled yourself from him. “Right, you go do that. Is it work?”

“Yeah,” he said, already grabbing his phone and unlocking it.

“On Sunday, though?”

“It is some stuff that… need immediate action,” he said, the words sitting unsure on his tongue.

Immediate action?

It’s not like he was a doctor working in a hospital.

Deciding not to pester him, you collected all the dishes and nodded when Baekhyun murmured a quick thanks while he waited for that Jiyoung to pick up the phone. And just when that happened, he abruptly stood up, and left for your bedroom where he closed the door.

-

Monday came fast and the dreaded visit to work came up as well. You weren’t sure what was worse: going to work and knowing you would get immediate sack or going in unknowingly?

Well the current feeling was not sitting well with you, but on the good note, morning sickness was interestingly gone (for today at least), despite your stomach making nervous flips.

You decided to wear a pretty dark pink dress with an A skirt that would only gently reveal the baby bump which also seemed to grow in an inhumane speed given three babies were growing inside.

Baekhyun growled upon seeing you all finished up and ready to leave. Out of all the days, today you decided to wear a dress like this? He stepped closer to you, your winter jacket, a huge knitted scarf and a big beanie hanging on his arm. With his free hand he lustfully squeezed your backside as he buried his face in the crook of your neck, making you giggle. “Please promise me I will be the one taking this dress off tonight,” he murmured, his hot breath fanning over your erratic pulse. His actions were affecting you too much, but this was not the right time.

softly, you let out: “Yes, I promise. If I survive today.”

At that, Baekhyun huffed and leaned away, not happy with the uttered words. “I am coming with you anyway, so no need to worry, angel.” And with that he grabbed the scarf and threw it around you while he proceeded to put the beanie on the top of your head, making it almost fall to the ground. He threw the huge jacket around your shoulders, the pretty dress getting swollen up by the thick material.

“You don’t have to,” you retorted looking up at his focused gaze as he circled and adjusted the scarf so that not an inch of your neck was poking out. “I can handle this on my own. I made the mess, and I will face him just like that.”

Baekhyun met your gaze for a second, his tongue poking out between his teeth in concentration. “I don’t care. He is an . What if he will do something?”

“He can’t do that,” you said, “it’s an office, not a jail without CCTV cameras.”

He sighed and zipped the jacket all the way up, proceeding to properly look at you, his hands hanging next to his sides. “I just don’t feel good about this.”

“This isn’t anything huge. I will do just what you told me on Friday, hm?” you said gently, and combed his hair back. Baekhyun kept observing your actions, but interestingly, you really weren’t scared. “I will accept what he gives and come back home. To you. And, I will call you as soon as I’m done with him.”

At that, he smiled and took the hand that was playing with his hair, giving it a kiss before bringing you closer so he could give you a peck. “Alright. But it isn’t you who persuaded me,” he added, raising an index finger, “it’s the fact that you listened to me well on Friday. Good gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter