.3.

Simply, yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days passed by, the relationship between you and Baekhyun somehow cold. There was something seriously bothering him and you couldn’t pinpoint what it could be. Silent mornings and evenings, scarce pecks on the lips, scarce touching, sad, troubled eyes.

To say the least, it was building up. With the busy working hours, rarely getting any chance to eat and some weird fatigue that was chasing you down, it was bound to happen.

But first things first.

It was exactly this day, a regular Wednesday in September when Baekhyun was having PhD classes and your boss was exceptionally needy of fast-paced work, when you bought the pregnancy test in the nearby pharmacy. After getting all the necessary morning work done, you silently left for the bathroom, your little cosmetic bag tightly gripped in your hand that was slightly trembling.

Honestly, you have been experiencing trembling for two days now, your head hurting, your appetite gone. This was one way to see if your worst fears (once dreams) were coming true.

It took you a whole lot to pee on the stick and double of that whole lot to actually see the result. It could easily be life-changing.

The interesting bubbles in your belly didn’t go unnoticed. There was this strange tension running in your veins that made you excited. If it turned out to be negative, would you be disappointed? Would you feel sad and unaccomplished?

The truth was still standing strongly; you couldn’t deny your deepest dream of having a child with Baekhyun so if this wouldn’t turn out well, you would face a big cloud of disappointment hanging above your head.

“Okay, Y/N, let’s breathe, it is all fine,” you whispered to yourself, your heart beating fast. “Either way it is…” you hesitated, biting your lip, “good.”

Why did you care about your darn work so much? You wanted a child, Baekhyun wanted a child. Shouldn’t it be natural to follow what you were dreaming of? Shouldn’t it be your own personal business?

Screw everyone!

Screw them!

Yeah!

Turning swiftly, you checked the test that was sitting on the toilet’s deck. Before completely processing, you desperately wanted your love to be on the phone line with you, his voice being at least a bit of a comfort, encouragement. He would share this moment with you, whether good or bad. Baekhyun would do it for you, always.

One beat, two beats. 

Your eyes were focused on the result.

Closing your eyes tightly, you felt the pressure completely dissipating in the cold air of the washroom. Deflating like a balloon. Like half a broken cup.

Letting out a shaky breath, you nodded once to yourself, feeling your eyes sting with threatening tears. You desperately needed a Baekhyun. A gentle Baekhyun. A comforting Baekhyun. You needed him.

Searching for your phone, you managed to get it out of your cosmetics bag, for once ignoring one missed call from your boss, although it did give you a scare as to why was he calling you. He was supposed to be in his meeting right now.

Two taps away was your boyfriend and you didn’t hesitate to tap, quickly checking the time to see if he was in a break right now. He was.

It took him three rings to pick up.

“Baby?”

Hearing his voice, all leveled up as he was probably sitting in a coffee shop with his pals, made you weak for a moment, but you couldn’t let him know you were about to have a break-down. “Hey, hun. You’re on your break?”

“Yeah, sipping my coffee before heading to the sports management lecture,” he replied, his voice light.

You knew he was trying his best, despite not telling you what was bothering him lately. You could feel he was happy to hear your voice, maybe even craving it just like you were now.

When you hadn’t responded, he asked: “Is everything alright, sweetheart?”

“Um,” you let out to win some time. “Um, yeah! All is good actually,” you stammered. Suddenly, your vision became blurry from the tears. “I needed to hear you,” you whispered truthfully, feeling your voice would break if you would kept going on.

You heard a chair scratching the floor, Baekhyun muttering a “I’ll be back” before a random ding could be heard, probably of the coffee shop door. He went out. “What’s wrong, y/n? Did something happen? Are you sick?”

“No, no, I’m all good, promise,” you said, regaining your strength as you sat down on the toilet lid. “Just a lot of work is all. How is your day going so far?”

He paused for a bit, mulling over your words. “Actually, it is going excruciatingly slow today,” he admitted, letting out a low chuckle that made your tummy jump in excitement. “And you just made my day much better, now that I hear you, princess.”

Sighing, you closed your eyes, feeling the tears spilling. Your conversation was so simple, yet it made you feel overwhelmed with emotions, with this strange, palpable intimacy you two shared. “Are you staying for a study session tonight?”

“Hm, I’m still not sure,” he replied, a gentle wind muffling the sound of the speaker. “If you would come home on time tonight, I might be back soon too.”

 If.

“If I could, I would go right now to Sungkyungkwan and take you with me,” you chuckled, wiping your cheeks with the back of your free hand. “Oh yeah, I would,” you sighed again nodding to yourself, the idea too sweet to be true.

Baekhyun laughed, that low vibration you usually heard under your ear as it was pressed to his chest in the early hours of morning after a wonderful love-making session. “Feeling bold today, aren’t we?”

You hummed. “Today is the boldest of the days, Baekhyun.”

“Then come.”

“Where?”

“To me, silly,” he chuckled.

“Just me?”

“Just you. Only you. Other living creatures are not invited. I want to have you just for myself,” he said, flirty mode on.

You bit your lip. “That might be a bit tricky.”

Baekhyun laughed again but his question caught you off guard. “Honey, just tell me what is bothering you.” When you didn’t reply right away, he added: “I know you wouldn’t call just like that.”

“I do call you!”

He snorted. “Sure. You always say you don’t want to interrupt the bonding time with my friends.”

You imagined him casually leaning against the coffee shop wall, one hand in his pocket while the wind gently played with the strands of his hair. “It’s true though,” you pouted.

“Less pouting, more speaking,” he reminded softly.

God, he knew you too well. Was it allowed for a person to know you better than you knew yourself?

If it was Baekhyun you guessed it could pass.

“Let’s talk once I’m home, alright? For now, I just needed to hear you, my love.”

He sighed, obviously not satisfied with the outcome. “Will you at least come home early tonight?” he asked, hope dripping from his voice. “So that my day could pass quicker, since I have something to look forward to.”

You smiled for yourself. “God, I love you. And yes. Today I shall try my best to get out of here early.”

.

As mentioned, it was this day. This regular Wednesday in September when Baekyhun was having PhD classes and your boss was exceptionally needy of fast-paced work, when you passed out in the early evening hours, just when you got the approval to leave work early. This regular Wednesday, when Baekhyun had a cheerful skip to his step, too eager to calmly make his way through campus to the bus stop to catch the earliest bus to your shared home, before he would get a call from Sukyeong to hurry, because you had fainted. This regular Wednesday, when many things were in jeopardy.

Honestly, you were just reaching for your cup of tea when the subtle dizziness you were feeling the whole day overcame your senses, darkened your vision and a weird energy pulled you out of your chair and down on the floor.

Sukyeong almost passed out after she watched you fall helplessly fall to the floor, alarming the doctor on the ground floor for emergency.

Waking up in an unfamiliar environment was something you hated. It only happened to you two times (first time was after your first night spent with Baekhyun, the second was after you got terribly drunk on your 18th birthday) and both times you looked for one person to search for comfort. But he wasn’t there.

Instead, two men that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter