Beyond The Boundary pt 2

Love Knows No Boundary

A/N: Hello! Part 2 is up :) Not much JenSoo moments, more of Jisoo's background in this story. Now that we have a better idea, let's see where this goes! Seeya all in the next chapter!

Edit: There may be some confusion so I have edited a little to make the chapter more comprehensable. Just a little clarification, Jisoo and Mino are born to the same father, Jiyoung, but different mothers, Dara and Kiko respectively. So, Mino is the older one, born to Jiyoung and Kiko, where Kiko is the 1st wife. On the other hand, Jisoo is born to Jiyoung and Dara. Dara is the 2nd wife. So, a (little?) polygamy here. Hope this clarifies! Do enjoy the story and if it is too confusing, do let me know :)

-----------------

- The Next Morning -

Jennie sits on the bed as she stares disapprovingly at Jisoo who is still in bed even though it is almost noon.

"Jisoo, wake up," she shakes the older woman who is obviously still pretending to sleep for hours. Instead of getting up, Jisoo pulls the blanket over her head and curls herself up to signal to the other to stop trying to wake her up.

"5 more minutes, please," the older whines.

Jennie gives up waking the woman and instead pushes the other off the bed with all her strength.

"Ouch!"

"Finally, someone is awake," Jennie teases and pulls the blanket off the older's frame and pulls the other up so that she can sit on the bed.

"Thank you for the wonderful morning call. It is more effective than any alarm I have used," the older replies sarcastically and rubs her sore bum. It hit too hard on the ground after that push. She then continues to lament at Jennie's action, "you know, for someone of your size, you are really strong. Can't believe you would do that to your partner. You are such a sadist."

"Your pain is my pleasure, Honey," Jennie kisses the older on the nose after that remark. She then proceeds to make the bed. While making the bed and shoo-ing the older to hit the showers to brush her teeth, she says, "you should be getting ready for the dinner."

"It is just noon. I have at least 5 hours to kill before I head out." The older replies before she starts to head off to the bathroom.

"Jisoo, you need to get hand gifts. I heard from your mother that you haven't been back home for ages."

"You are right."

"I know I am always right."

"It's not about the gifts. I think you are absolutely right that you are mentally 29 but physically 20, while I am physically 29 but mentally 20."

With that answer, Jennie sighs at her childish director girlfriend and comments, "what do I do with you?"

"Too bad, you are stuck with me, till the end." The older replies and gives a merong as she walks out of the bathroom after she is done brushing her teeth. She then says in a half-joking, half-serious tone, "you said that you would wait right?"

"Of course," replies Jennie as she hugs the older and gives the other the kiss on the crown of her head, just like appeasing a little child.

-----------------

After sending Jennie back to her penthouse and unwilling parts with the other, Jisoo drives to her family's mansion. On the way to her family's mansion, she tries to rehearse a few scenarios so that she wouldn't be caught off guard by her half brother's snarky remarks or her father's condescending ones. She really doesn't want to deal with them but for the sake of her mother and Jennie, she tries her best to be of her best behaviour. In no time, she reaches the mansion but parks it near the small cottage that her mother lives in which is within the premise of the huge mansion.

She knocks on the wooden door before entering. She then greets her mother, "Omma, I am here."

"Oh, give me a moment!" says her mother. Mrs Kim is busy in the kitchen.

Knowing that she is not supposed to enter her mother's favourite place while she is working, she sits on the couch and grabs the snacks that are on the table, snacking on them while waiting for her mother. About 10 minutes or so, her mother walks out, wiping her hands using the end of the apron and says, "I see, someone has talked some sense into you."

Mrs Kim receives her daughter with a huge smile and gives the other a big hug. In response, the younger Kim replies, "yes, Jennie did. Definitely, a better job than you did."

"She is really good for you," says Mrs Kim, and this is a seal of approval from the future mother-in-law.

"She is, but I feel apologetic for not being able to bring her home."

"She doesn't mind right?" Mrs Kim hopes that this isn't a problem for their relationship. Jisoo shakes her head to reassure Mrs Kim that Jennie is really glad that she doesn't have to attend.

"The kid is glad that there is no added pressure."

The Mrs Kim smiles and replies, "that's nice. Omma has baked some cake. Bring it back to your place and have it with Jennie later after dinner."

Jisoo enters the kitchen and sees the cake on the counter and tells her mother, "wow, it is beautiful, Omma. Jennie will be impressed. Thank you."

Mrs Kim then gets up and says, "I think it is almost time. Let me just clean this up and change before we head off to your father's mansion."

The daughter helps with the cleaning while Mrs Kim heads off to her room to change after putting the cake in the refrigerator. Once she is done changing, Jisoo is also done with the cleaning. She walks to the end of the couch to take the hand gifts for the people at the mansion.

"What did you get?"

"Omma, this is yours. Jennie got some baked goods, ceramicware, rice wine, scarf and bouquet of flowers. We also got a scarf and bouquet of flowers for Aunt Kiko and sister-in-law. Expensive red wine for Father and Mino. Oh, Hyunsuk's favourite snacks."

"That is so sweet of Jennie. You should learn from her. I don't think you will bring anything back if it isn't for Jennie." Mrs Kim gives her daughter a knock on the forehead while she takes her gifts and set them aside on the dining table. She helps her daughter with the bouquet of flowers and both of them heads off to the mansion.

-----------------

"Welcome, Mrs Kim and Jisoo."

The housekeepers greeted them as they enter the mansion. It has been ages since Jisoo is back and as usual, she is still not used to the environment here. Unfortunately, she sees Mino walking down from the stairs.

Her half-brother gives a smirk before greeting the two guests, "oh, isn't this my favourite Aunt Sandara and my favourite sister, Jisoo."

She replies with a forced smile and greets her brother, "hello, Oppa."

Mino laughs and replies, "are my ears playing tricks on me. Did you just call me 'Oppa'?"

He then walks towards the dining hall and calls out for his mother, "Omma, they are here!"

Aunt Kiko walks out of the kitchen and receives her guest.

"Hello, Sandara and Jisoo. Wow, so many gifts." Aunt Kiko calls for the housekeepers to help Jisoo with the gifts before receiving the bouquet from Dara. She smiles at the young woman in front of her before saying, "oh my Jisoo, haven't seen you for a while and you look so much prettier." She then hugs both Dara and Jisoo.

"Thank you, Aunt Kiko. I miss you." Jisoo hugs her Aunt back.

The older woman rubs on the younger's back and nags, "we are a family, no need for gifts. Just visit us when you have the time. Your presence is enough."

"There are gifts for Father and Mino."

"I will handle them. Come sit down while I go call your father and we can all eat. I cooked your favourite dishes. Eat more later."

- Dinner -

Dinner has started and Mr Kim starts asking Jisoo a question, "I heard from your mother that you have met someone."

The youngest child of Mr Kim stops eating and nods, before continuing to eat, not wanting to reveal much about her relationship. On the other hand, Mr Kim is dissatisfied with the answer and says, "your mother refused to reveal anything."

Jisoo stops again and replies, "we are just getting to know one another."

Once again, Mr Kim is dissatisfied and says something under his breath, "if only you did not..." He then continues, "you are almost 30. Find someone and settle down already. Look at your brother. He is happily married."

In response to Mr Kim's statement, Mino smiles at his wife and holds onto his wife's hand while smirking at his half-sister. Jisoo is starting to get annoyed and Mrs Kim could tell. She then places her hand on Jisoo's knee to soothe her child and to signal her not to retaliate her father's words. Sensing the tension in the air, Aunt Kiko tries to put in some good words, "I have heard from Dara that Jisoo is happy nowadays. We should let young people explore and have fun. There is still some time before settling down."

Aunt Kiko as she puts food on Mr Kim's plate. Mr Kim takes the food and puts in his mouth not wanting to continue the conversation on his only daughter. Mino's wife then whispers something to her son, Hyunsuk and the boy exclaims, "Halmoni, fried chicken tastes good!"

"Oh really? Eat more," Mr Kim smiles at his grandson and puts another piece of fried chicken on the boy's plate. The table becomes lively and rescues the awkward atmosphere with Hyunsuk's liveliness when it comes to food.

-----------------

After dinner, the entire family is still at the table while watching the news on the television. Though Jisoo wanted to leave right after dinner, she decides to stay with her mother until she is ready to head back to her cottage. Hyunsuk then runs over to Dara and hugs her, saying, "grandma Dara, can I go to your cottage to play?"

Dara tries to lift the boy with Jisoo's help so that he sits on her lap. She tells the boy, "Of course, my dear. " She turns to Jiyoung and Kiko, informing them, "Jiyoung, Kiko, we will go back first. Jisoo will bring Hyunsuk back later."

"Yay!" The boy reaches out his arms, waiting for his aunt Jisoo to pick him up and carry him to the cottage which is only a stone's throw away.

"Aunt Jisoo, I miss you so much!" The boy hugs his aunt who he hasn't seen for ages. The last time Jisoo remembered being back home was early in the year, during the New Year. But to the little boy, 6 months felt like years.

"I miss you too little one," Jisoo taps on the boy's nose. She smiles warmly at the boy, not remembering that he is already this big.

The boy frowns and declares, with arms akimbo, "I am a big boy."

"Alright big boy, let me put you down and you can walk on your own."

The boy happily obliged and starts running to the cottage.

"You should bring Jennie back one day. Hyunsuk would love her," Dara tells her daughter as she looks at the boy running away.

"Definitely," her daughter replies and then Jisoo shouts to the little boy before chasing after the little boy who is already reaching the cottage, "Hyunsuk ah, wait up!"

-----------------

- At The Cottage -

Mrs Kim takes the cookies that Jisoo bought and plate it out together with some of the baked goods she has made earlier. Hyunsuk takes some and feeds both Dara and Jisoo. She smiles at the young people, especially Hyunsuk, who reminded her of Jisoo when she was younger. Jisoo was a really happy kid but she cracked under the pressure and expectations for herself so that she can impress her father and not hiding behind the shadow of the favoured child, older half-brother.

It was hard to watch Jisoo trying so hard to be someone she isn't just because of her status of being the second wife's child. Seeing Jisoo being despised by her own half-brother because of her status was something hard to watch and it prompted her to move out of the mansion, to have a little cottage built so that she can raise her daughter outside of the toxic environment. But still, Jisoo's will to fight for her father's approval beats all that. She just hopes that her daughter won't sacrifice her own happiness.

Knowing that Jisoo has met someone like Jennie who makes her happy, she is really glad and that she wishes that Hyunsuk would also grow up happily without being pressured as a member of the Kim family.

Her train of thoughts is broken when Hyunsuk goes over to her, hugging her so tightly and asks, "Grandma Dara, let's play together?"

"Alright," Dara holds onto the boy's hand and joins in with whatever the young people are playing. Jisoo smiles at her and she smiles back.